Return to Index  

My neighbor

April 18 2012 at 1:48 PM

Gerald Voigt  (Login HawkeyeV)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 69.23.99.47

Response to After being without a vehicle most of the past three weeks

across the street owned a Toyota pickup. It was involved in a replacement recall due to the vehicles frame. Toyota bought the truck back at a more than fair price. He took the money and purchased a new BMW sedan. Shortly after he did, his car was in need of a major warranty repair and as part of BMW's warranty a free rental of the same car or newer was to be provided. His car sat waiting parts for about a month, while he drove a compact Chevy product. Talk about being pissed off. The dealership doesn't care, the owner also owns the rental car company's local franchise, he's getting paid in both hands.

Talk about waiting for parts. Remember back in the mid '80s when the Nissan (Hardbody) Pickup trucks first entered the market. The local dealership in Great Falls got their first shipments in and customers were eager to buy them up.

Problem was Nissan discovered a transmission problem, so all those units had to sit on the dealership's back lot for months waiting on the parts necessary to make them serviceable to be sold. I wanted one but ended up going down the street to the Ford dealership to get me a new truck...which was bigger and costs less than the Nissan did...and I could drive it home that day.

My friend who purchase the Pathfinder version had to drive a Nissan Sentra for three months while he waited on his rig to get fixed. The day after he picked it up from the dealership all fixed, cleaned and ready to go he traded it off for something else.

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters