Return to Index  

I went all old school....

April 28 2012 at 1:03 AM
  (Login mooser1)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.32.248.56

So in March I bought a Springfield XD45 4"....very nice polymer pistol. Flawless reviews...Fun to shoot...but the times I have taken it out the OVERALL impression was "meh....."

I like this pistol and I really wanted to LOVE this pistol...but alas - my heart has been stolen by a German.

I traded the XD for a Sig Sauer P6. This is an ex-West German Pistol and its' a Sig MADE IN GERMANY. It is in stunning condition!!! It came with (5) mags and night sights installed after the fact. it is ALL metal...happy.gif The civvy version is the Sig Sauer P225.

I field stripped and cleaned, and oiled, and made as much pistol love as I could to it. The slide rails and frame rails look immaculate and it is easy to see it has seen very little active duty time (if any - surplus guns...) and little range time after that. It is simply amazing and feels perfect in my hand. I ordered a Sig Spring Replacement Set ($22) to replace all the springs with and ordered a short trigger from Top Gun Supply.

It also has the sought after VFHTF Pachmayer grips too!

I had planned on getting the slide and frame Duracoated or Ceramacoated...but I think not after some consideration. The frame is a solid 9/10 and the slide is a 7 /10 with light holster wear and I think I like it that way! Talk about character!

Nice DA/SA pistol - comes with a "Glock Safety" (keep your finger OFF the trigger happy.gif) and just a decocker that drops it into DA mode with a crisp break after an admittedly long and heavy DA pull.

I love my pistol!

This message has been edited by mooser1 from IP address 71.32.248.56 on Apr 28, 2012 1:03 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters