Return to Index  

Question about an odometer....:) :)

April 28 2012 at 12:04 PM

Arturo Navarro.  (Login CMT.Arturo.Navarro)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 213.231.114.89

Hi all....My brother is currently restoring a '42 Willys, and he came across a doubt while working with the odometer. It's an original Waltham odometer as fitted to some Ford built Willys. It's got two mileage readers, the one on top wich tell the total amount of miles covered, and the smaller one wich reads the partialmileage covered. Our question is how do you guys at the States scale down a mile--????
Here in my country, the odometers read in kilometers, and every kilometer is divided into one thousand metres. Does a mile divide into yards or into feet???? How many yardsmade a mile..????? I'm aware that the lower odometer must reach 999 to make the upper one turn another mile....
Sorry for such a dumb question, but this is driving me crazy, for we must adjust the said odometer before fitting it to the car's tablier...
Kind regards....
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters