Return to Index  

Scouting Report: Mitchell Schwartz OT drafted by Browns

April 28 2012 at 8:28 PM

Gunner Mike  (Login witous)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.110.137.170

Response to Gunner Mike-you out there?

Positives
Big and somewhat durable, Started at CAL for almost 4 years. Intelligent player. Makes up for speed and strength with his situational awareness and football smarts.
Team leader. Good size at 6'5" and 315. Can play either tackle and probably either guard. Long arms( good for pass protection). Good technique for pass Protection and running plays. Brother Geoff is an OT for the Vikings. He played at CAL 1 or 2 years with Mack, your starting center. This is good for transitioning into the show.
He plays above his ability and is a quality person. No jail time, good family etc.

Negatives
Agility and speed. He needs to work on balance and footwork. For every step a college lineman makes, the pros are taking 2. I believe he had either neck or back surgery, but he had a hell of a game at the pro bowl. Upper body and hand strength need improvement.

Conclusion
I believe that the Browns got a good player that could help them out right away. He will learn to dance and he will get stronger. Although he grew up at the beach in SoCal, he kinda has that Cleveland look. Red hair, scraggly beard and I do believe he sported a mullet a few years back.

Gunner Mike's rating is 8 out of 10

That's my take

Mike

Semper Fidelis

Temecula Valley Model Club
"Haud Sceptrum, Haud Sentio, Haud Forsit

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters