3D printing and kits of the future.June 1 2012 at 8:59 AM
|James Larson (Login russianfist)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
I was watching a documentary about building and manufacturing methods of the future and they covered 3D printing. Now, I know this has been around for several years its becoming more mainstream and it got me to wondering if (or when) it could be applied to kit manufacturing? Sure, mass production isnt in the near future but I cant help but think that someone will attempt it someday. Secondly, Im curious if this type of manufacturing could render the detail and quality required by the model building masses?
Food for thought.
"I may not like what you have to say,but I'm willing to die for your right to say it"
- take a look at Vector parts - Mike West on Jun 1, 2012, 9:46 AM
- Sure in the future. Near or kinda near. Right now, even $$$$ machines .... - Tom Booth on Jun 1, 2012, 10:48 AM
- My plan... - David Byrden on Jun 1, 2012, 1:23 PM
- Scotty is still working on my replicator. :) n/t - Jim B. on Jun 1, 2012, 3:52 PM
- I'm looking into a 3D printer - Damo on Jun 2, 2012, 1:25 AM
- Have you seen this company? - Geoff on Jun 2, 2012, 7:51 PM
To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.
To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.