Return to Index  

Any Australians (or anyone else) out there into our history?

June 10 2012 at 8:56 AM
  (Login malready)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 220.253.37.116

Hi,

I would like to pass on information about what I think is one of the best websites I have ever seen, and thought whoever would be into modelling historical miniatures and reading this could also be interested in www.trove.nla.gov.au .

This site contains scans of millions of books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more. The search function is excellent. It goes up to 1954. Just hit the digitised newspapers link and away you go. The refine search option is also very good. Very interesting if you would like to see how major (or minor) war events were reported at the time.

Also great for family history stuff.

I hope you enjoy it, I am addicted. Please let me know what you think. By the way, it is free.

Malcolm Ready

Respond to this message   

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters