Return to Index  

Baseball Question...(for those who know more than I do) -

June 27 2012 at 12:20 AM

(Login craigindaytona)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 108.94.97.203

I heard the announcers on MLB say (referring to inter league play), that next season "...every game will be 'inter league'..".

How can that be? I know that the Astros are gonna become an American league team, but that's not a big deal as far as inter league play goes, right?

My question is regarding that statement they made about "all" games are basically gonna be inter league. That doesn't make sense. Every game couldn't be inter league (could it)?
That would entail way too many match-ups and an almost impossible mathematical solution to every team playing every other team. Take Boston, for instance. Now, they play the Yankees, what? 16-18 times? They couldn't do that with the other "system" in effect.

I think it was Mitch Williams who said that he disagreed with what MLB is intending to do. He said he didn't think that a World Series contender should face their potential opponents during regular season play (personally, I don't see the harm in that in itself...it ain't like they don't already know each other's strengths & weaknesses).

Anyhow, am I misinterpreting something here? Just what DOES the league intend on doing in the way of restructuring the match-ups...?

[linked image]
It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters