Return to Index  

Bad computer mojo

July 12 2012 at 4:57 PM

(Login N9JOY)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 70.176.4.4

I just finished installing then immediately uninstalling a player for flv files. These are the YouTube videos.

The company is Applian Technologies, www.applian.com. I was taken in by the "free" flv player. when I sinstalled the player, there was a choice for "custom" or "express" installation, I chose "custom" and unchecked the boxes for installing "Funmoods" and making Funmoods.com my browser home page.

After I installed, not only was Funmoods installed, it had hijacked my home page.

There was also an offer for "Rival Gaming". I unchecked the "enable Rival Gaming" box, and then clicked "Decline".
It installed anyway.

I uninstalled the crapware and reset my home page.

I find this behavior to be unethical and unworthy of any ethical business.

So now I'm looking for an FLV player. It turns out that Real.com's Real Player is satisfactory. But I'll warn you against these guys.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

But I'm sure they're not.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters