how are military promotions awarded?July 14 2012 at 9:53 PM
craig (Login patton45)
from IP address 18.104.22.168
my son asked me how people move up in rank in the military, both in times of war and in a peacetime military.
I have no idea what criteria is used.
anything online? or personal info would be great.....and please no bitchin' about someone you know that got promoted but
you feel could not find his way out of the latrine...
- Uh, it's kinda complicated - Rob Cummins on Jul 15, 2012, 4:43 AM
- from a long time ago: - Jim Mc on Jul 15, 2012, 8:23 AM
- I did 21 years as an USAF Reserve Officer and - Thomas Solinski on Jul 15, 2012, 9:54 AM
- USN - John on Jul 15, 2012, 7:57 PM
- Here's a link for USAF enlisted... - Alan on Jul 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
- A typical USAF officer progression is - Ian on Jul 15, 2012, 3:38 PM
- At the 0-6 level and above, it's all politics...... - Phil Brandt on Jul 15, 2012, 5:44 PM
- That dude is an enigma.... - Scott Brown on Jul 16, 2012, 8:00 AM
- Yeah, Scott; we trained him at MUO in preparation for him to become..... - Phil Brandt on Jul 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
- There's nobody that this SAC-trained killer hates more. - kalashnikov-47 on Jul 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
- You can add my name to the long list of McPeak haters..... - Ghostmech on Jul 16, 2012, 1:52 PM
- I was in the ANG and - Jim Pearsall on Jul 17, 2012, 2:42 PM
- Yup, me too - Rick U on Jul 18, 2012, 6:46 PM
- There's a reason we called the early '90s "The McPeakie Horror Picture Show"... - Tom on Jul 16, 2012, 9:58 AM
- Well, My wife is about to pin on Major in about a month..... - Ghostmech on Jul 15, 2012, 11:36 PM
- Officer and enlisted promotions are different. - Ed Keene on Jul 16, 2012, 11:10 AM