Very sad indeed. However, eliminating guns using yourJuly 20 2012 at 1:29 PM
|Larry @ AUDI (Login audiguy)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to What's to be done...?
example, would only make our view of the situation a little bit better as it would be harder for them to obtain them.
Guns though, would only be one type of weapon that a person could use as there are many others.
The meat of the matter is that throughout time there has been these types of events.
The real problem MAY stem from a mental disorder such as psychopathic tendencies, brain disease, and other malfunctions. The brain is a powerful mechanism. In the wrong "state-of-mind", it would be like "going to the dark side".
The problem is these types of people, not their choice of weapons. Ask McVeigh, ask the two truck bombers who blew up the US Marines barracks back in 1983, and so on & so on. Diesel fuel & fertilizer? dual truck bombs? No guns used there and were very destructive.
Unless you have superpowers to see inside ones head before the event occurs, there is no defense against these acts of violence.
Yes, we could all become vigilantes but how would you spot these people? Then who is to say that we are not one of those fruitcakes too??
very tough discussion coming I sense.....
Take a swing,
|This message has been edited by audiguy from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Jul 20, 2012 1:30 PM|
- as I understand it "axe murders" rose alarmingly in .... - Leonard LaRoux on Jul 20, 2012, 1:47 PM
- You're missing the point... - Graeme Wear on Jul 20, 2012, 1:52 PM
- Guns kill people like pencils misspell words... - Chris on Jul 20, 2012, 2:12 PM
- Not entirely. I said that guns are one choice of weapon used - Larry @ AUDI on Jul 20, 2012, 2:14 PM
- philosophically you're correct; culturally it'll never resonate. regards, LL,nt - Leonard LaRoux on Jul 20, 2012, 3:10 PM
- You are ABSOLUTELY correct!!!! - Jim Mc on Jul 20, 2012, 6:38 PM
- idiotic at best...but your logic... - moose on Jul 20, 2012, 6:55 PM
- Lets ban cell phones... - Roy A. Schlicht on Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM
- So.... - Ghostmech on Jul 20, 2012, 10:52 PM
- To all of the "ban gun make the world safer" guys. I have one word for you. Mexico! - Brandon on Jul 21, 2012, 1:40 AM
- To all of the "ban gun make the world safer" guys. I have one word for you. Mexico! - Brandon on Jul 21, 2012, 1:41 AM
- I know a group of guys with box cutters that killed over 2500 people in one day. - Brandon on Jul 21, 2012, 2:14 AM
- Colo. governor says shooting 'act of an apparently very deranged mind.' - Anonymous on Jul 20, 2012, 4:05 PM