Return to Index  

A proud "big bro." advance reading tip.....

August 17 2012 at 10:50 AM
  (Login bondo455)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 66.68.57.43

Just received an advance look at September's "Smithsonian Air&Space" and its feature article, "Airman Down". The article traces America's SAR efforts over the years up to present Mid-East ops, and the Vietnam portion covers the shootdown and valiant rescue of my younger (fifteen months) brother, Randy, in Laos in 1969. Randy, one time in the 60s, jokingly accused this (then) MAC puke of "backing up to the (combat) pay window", and, compared to him and the SAR guys, I grudgingly must admit, he was right. It was a distinct pleasure to personally meet Don Dunaway, A-1 "Sandy Low Lead" on that long ago Easter Morning, and brass-balled Jolly Green drivers, at a recent CSAR reunion at Moody AFB. I think yinz'll find the piece worth reading.

Bondo Phil
USAF (Ret.)

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters