<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I just ordered some O scale decals with raised 3D rivets.....

January 29 2012 at 6:00 PM

Steven Flowers  (Login steven9)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.160.8.235

from Micro-Mark. I can't wait to give them a try. Has anyone used these before? any tips? Part# 84987.

California Steve

This message has been edited by steven9 from IP address 71.160.8.235 on Jan 29, 2012 6:01 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Shuey, William
(Login Williamshuey)
HyperScale Forums

You might ask this question...

January 29 2012, 11:53 PM 

over on the armor site.."Tank Talk". I understand they make use of these regularly.

Bill Shuey

Respond to this message   

Chris Durden
(Login mcdurd)
HyperScale Forums

I've used the Archer version - they work very well!

January 30 2012, 8:20 AM 

I actually used future to help adhere them to my model. Once a layer of primer was applied I was even able to mask over them with no problem.

Chris

Respond to this message   

Steven Flowers
(Login steven9)
HyperScale Forums

Thank you Chris, Most helpful. Steve

January 30 2012, 8:36 AM 

Respond to this message   

Bruno
(Login BrunoSchielzeth)
HyperScale Forums

Yes and I like them!!

January 30 2012, 11:03 AM 

I used some of the HO screening decal bits for the intakes on a CH-53 helo in 1/700. There was no way to paint them on and the small ones were the perfect size. I used a couple of O gauge singles as the sensor bumps on the tower of the USS New York in 1/700. I used the alternate spaced double row rivets in HO for turret rivet details on a 1/350 ship. There is no end to the uses for them.

The sheets are huge and duplicated so you get LOTS of rivets for the money. The clear carrier is continuous so you just trim out what you need. The clear backing responds well to Micro Sol and Micro Set. Under a coat of paint the carrier film pretty much just disappears. I haven't really had any issues with them at all.

[linked image] Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.

Respond to this message   

Steven Flowers
(Login steven9)
HyperScale Forums

Way cool, Thanks Bruno..........Steve

January 30 2012, 5:06 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters