<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Sound of Freedom --

April 6 2012 at 2:28 PM
George Campbell  (Login blueangelmodeler)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 69.85.124.91

We have a Right to build houses and businesses in the flight path to airports and military bases and the damn noise is too much for us to bear so you need to close the base and move it somewhere else !!!

Sorry, folks --- i just cant figure it out .... Happy Easter to all, George

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jim Mc
(Login Obadiah)
HyperScale Forums

George

April 6 2012, 2:41 PM 

WHAT are you talking about?????

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

Respond to this message   
George Campbell
(Login blueangelmodeler)
HyperScale Forums

I'm Talking About the Idiots --

April 6 2012, 3:30 PM 

that insist on building too near air facilities and then complain about the noise and danger from those faciltiies.

No, i am not jumping into the event in Virginia today that looks to be a terrible tragic accident. I don't kknow how far this building is from the base. Obviously, since the pilots ejected something was very very wrong with the plane and they had no other choice.

I spent my high school years in Navy Point just off the base of Pensacola Naval Air Station and we had this complaint several times over the years, both about Naval aviation and the same situation after developement too near the Pensacola Regional Airport also.

If you put your head under the elephants foot, you just might get stomped.

It is the same cry we hear from people who are always calling to lock up the criminals ... but don't build the prison near our neighborhood.

Similarly, people retire and build a condo on a barrier island (low, shifting sand) -- and then complain that the hurricane washed away our home ... Here's your sign .... George

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login seafirexv)
HyperScale Forums

George, the whiners need to live in the midwest or deep south

April 6 2012, 3:42 PM 

We'd love to have a prison right next to the end of the airbase runway... JOBS BABY...

Respond to this message   

Jim Mc
(Login Obadiah)
HyperScale Forums

Got it....

April 6 2012, 4:45 PM 

does the military base serve the community, or does the community support the base? I don't know of many towns or cities that can say they are "strategically located", but, most bases are, or did at one point, serve a strategic need.......

I hate and detest the phrase "urban sprawl". Back in the day, many bases were located so far away from populated areas, to that they didn't encroach on urban areas. The planners of the time never dreamed people would want to commute 45 to 60 miles to work. Nowadays, such commutes are not uncommon, as more and more people "move to the suburbs".....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

Respond to this message   

Andy King
(Login Superjolly)
HyperScale Forums

I got it George

April 6 2012, 2:56 PM 

happy.gif

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Respond to this message   
Dave Cantrell
(Login dgcantrell)
HyperScale Forums

Me too... n/t

April 6 2012, 3:22 PM 

Respond to this message   
Terry Dean
(Login nightiemission)
HyperScale Forums

Got it too, George.

April 6 2012, 3:58 PM 

One of my pet peeves also. I live under the pattern for Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls, Oregon. I don't mind the noise a bit.

Cheers, Terry

Respond to this message   
Lee Griffin
(Login leegee_77)
HyperScale Forums

Reminds of years ago when my parents moved back to Henderson, NV...

April 6 2012, 4:38 PM 

...and the Green Vally area was being developed, some of which is direcly under the McCarren Int'l approach path. My folks told me that lots of people had moved in, then were complaining about plane noise and were trying to get the planes re-routed or somesuch. Jeez...it doesn't take a genius.

It probably happens everywhere there is an airport.

Cheers,

Lee G.

This message has been edited by leegee_77 from IP address 199.72.20.10 on Apr 6, 2012 4:39 PM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login do-bee)
HyperScale Forums

Happens to airports and drag strips everywhere, built in the middle of nowhere...

April 6 2012, 5:09 PM 

then the houses move in and all the complaining starts, so when you shop for a house do you look around, to see what's around or what? We lost a drag strip because developers built right next door! I blame the greedy developers, probably got the the farm land cheap!

Old Digger Pilot

Respond to this message   
Terry Dean
(Login nightiemission)
HyperScale Forums

The realtor should have to put some fine print

April 7 2012, 9:54 PM 

in the sales contract of any real estate near any existing airport, drag strip, race track that the buyer cannot file any noise complaints. Won't happen but, it's a thoufht.

Cheers, Terry

Respond to this message   
p38m
(Login p38m)
HyperScale Forums

i live a mile from ft meade rifle range...6 from BWI...2 from capitol raceway & 5 from

April 6 2012, 5:52 PM 

jessup prison and an 1/8 of a mile from the amtrak...nobody forced me to move here

r

This message has been edited by p38m from IP address 68.33.184.179 on Apr 6, 2012 5:56 PM

Respond to this message   
Steve N
(Login bcnewsdude)
HyperScale Forums

We live right under the downwind leg of the pattern

April 7 2012, 2:29 AM 

for the local airport. Of course for a plane geek like me, that was a major selling point for the house!

SN

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters