<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ashley Judd wins Indy again!

May 27 2012 at 4:30 PM
Dale Cole  (Login DaleCole)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 75.95.170.68

Or so you would think watching the ABC coverage of the Indy 500. You would think they would interview the team owner or the guy who actually won the race BEFORE they interview his wife! Well it did answer one question. She can count to three. Worse thing is her UGLY hats. Where's a Kardashian when you need one?

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Scott Brown
(Login magnetass)
HyperScale Forums

LOVED it....

May 27 2012, 4:53 PM 

...when the track PA announcer said "Congratulations to Ashley Judd...and her husband Mario Franchitti!!!" as she's skipping down the pits waving like a crazy person...

SMH...

Respond to this message   
Dale Cole
(Login DaleCole)
HyperScale Forums

She is almost as crazy as Fitipaldi's wife.

May 27 2012, 5:12 PM 

Almost.

Respond to this message   
Ed Roberts
(Login EdRoberts)
HyperScale Forums

But nice that she gave credit to Jackie Stewart ...

May 28 2012, 7:12 PM 

... for helping her husband's career.

Respond to this message   

Max Bryant
(Login nametaken)
HyperScale Forums

Where's a Kardashian when you need one?

May 27 2012, 10:21 PM 

Scouting a basketball team.... happy.gif

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

Respond to this message   
Tom Booth
(Login bookmark460)
HyperScale Forums

Come on. it's US comm TV, not PBS or the BBC. She's a star, pretty, not fat ....

May 28 2012, 2:40 AM 

and unlike many, can actually form a coherent sentence. I've heard Kardashians have huge butts and are stupid.

In the end, I was more interested in whether or not the stewards were gonna look into Dario's squeeze move on Sato. I'll bet if it had been the other way around, a Jpn driver putting the squeeze move on two time Indy winner Mr Ashley Judd, those in chg at Indy would be looking at the re-plays more than once.

I look forward to the expert (on the rules and otherwise) opinions on that incident in car mags in the next few wks.

Maybe he was protecting his line, maybe not.

And those 'all look the same' spec cars! Ugh. Ugly too. Look like comic book Speed Racer race cars. NASCAR, now IndyCars, add in those UGLY Daytone Prototypes from a yr ago, wow how I long for the good old days of the 60s w/ CanAm and Indy cars highlighting innovation and thinking outta the box instead of a rich team owner just writing a check to one chassis manuf and popping in a motor from one of 2-3 engine builders! Zzzzzzzzzz. Penske must be bored out of his mind.

F1 is getting there but at least each team is suppose to build their own car. They should make them ALL build their own motors too.

This message has been edited by bookmark460 from IP address 66.81.160.147 on May 28, 2012 2:44 AM

Respond to this message   
Dale Cole
(Login DaleCole)
HyperScale Forums

Agree for the most part

May 28 2012, 10:47 AM 

They use the same chassis to keep costs down, IIRC. I watched the start then went for a walk and came back for the last 60 laps. I too thought DF squeezed Sato, and ABC didn't seem to be too concerned on his condition after the race.

Was Lotus running the same car as everyone else but using their own engine?
Does anyone else think that ABC SEVERELY overhypes Indy? I couldn't watch the prerace show.

Respond to this message   
Tom Booth
(Login bookmark460)
HyperScale Forums

Thank the tech gawds for dvd recorders! I recorded it, to 33 cent disk, ....

May 28 2012, 11:34 AM 

as I do most 'big' auto races (ALL the F1s for yrs now!) and watched (FF'd actually) Indy a couple hrs after the checkered flag. Took a whole 20 mins! Man there were a TON of ads in those 3+ hrs to FF thru! Knew enuff from past Indy airings to start the recorder 90 mins into the broadcast so I'd miss all the lame pre-race bull and the 'just before we start the race' stuff and begin recording a few mins before the warm-up laps. I think there were 20-30 parade/warm up laps! Man Indy has way more than their share of pre-race stuff! Well it IS Amer's race. I miss 'Gomer Pyle' singing the Indiana song tho. I don't think he's been up to it for a few yrs now. He seems a nice guy.

I do the same w/ the Super Bowl, NASCAR Super Speedway/road course races, and NFL games too. Baseball, I luv baseball, I often TV watch (while doing 1 or 2 other things) live for most of the whole 3 hrs. I luv baseball. Our local broadcast pair in the booth too.

In person, nowadays, I only attend ML baseball and NHRA drag races.

Only one 'Lotus' motored car in IndyCar now. Another if they can find a team/sponsor $$$$. Not likely. Two or three opted out when Lotus couldn't produce. I think 1 or 2 are suing Lotus for leaving them w/ their pants down at season's start scurrying to find a motor pkg/contract/supplier ASAP!

Wonder if this a true Lotus motor (don't follow IndyCar too much) made in the UK, or a re-badge job much like the old Renault F1 team now being called/re-badged a Lotus. In F1 at least the Lotus (wink, wink) is doing kinda OK w/ Kimi Raikkonen and a talented young (I can NEVER recall his name!) team mate in the two team cars.

Respond to this message   
Ed Roberts
(Login EdRoberts)
HyperScale Forums

Same chassis (by Dallara) but

May 28 2012, 7:15 PM 

the Lotus engine comes from John Judd. Apparently he has almost no budget. Shame if it messes up Simona de Silvestro's career (think of a blonde Danica but with real talent!)

Respond to this message   
Graeme Wear
(Login graemewear)
HyperScale Forums

I watched the whole race...

May 28 2012, 10:20 AM 

Which is unusual to be able to have the TV for the whole length of the race, although it helped with the race starting at aorund 5pm here (UK).

It was a good race and Franchitti was lucky not to get hit by Sato's car on the last lap, when he lost it - was Sato ok after his crash?

Oh and by the way DF is a great British driver (if he'd lost he would have been a useless Scottish driver - its called the 'Murray Equation lol!)

Graeme

Respond to this message   
Tom Booth
(Login bookmark460)
HyperScale Forums

He's OK. They interviewed him out side the track med/hosp ctr ....

May 28 2012, 11:49 AM 

10-15 mins after the checkered. Looked 100%. Spoke, in very good English btw, about the pass attempt. Kinda hinted that Dario squeezed him down but wasn't a whiner like so many NASCAR drivers.

Heard his team owner, the great Bobby Rahal, say he'd have prob tried the same pass attempt if he were still in the cockpit. Most say he should have waited for turn 3 or 4. That turn was taking it's toll on many drivers. They say Sato's car WAS fast and, w/ these new design spec racers, draft passing is a given. He shoulda waited a turn or two I guess.

I've watched the incident a half doz times w/ my dvd copy and looks to me like Dario did give him space, not a lot of space, but it wasn't anything like a M.Schumacher-like 'you ain't passing me no way' BLOCK. Sato's rear end went loose, painted white line or marbles(?) and he almost, by inches, took Dario w/ him to the wall. That might have caused a lynching!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters