<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

OMG, another namby pamby chastized me for being

July 17 2012 at 12:48 PM

(Login EdKeene)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 108.85.93.92

insensitive! Dark humor seems to go along with aviation in particular and there is a good reason for it. Better to have a sick laugh than burst into tears. Yes, the world would be overrun with lawyers and doctors if it weren't for the Beech Bonanza. Such humor is a reminder that when we become too full of ourselves we greatly increase the chance of augering in. Most aviation accidents are pilot error, at least to some degree. All of my close calls were largely the result of my mistakes, or could have been avoided if I had done things differently. Dark humor over a friend's death is not limited to aviation and should just be considered "man stuff". If you find such humor offensive then maybe you should hang out with the girls.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dan
(Login Arkasha)
HyperScale Forums

Er . . .

July 17 2012, 3:02 PM 

You tell other people to (essentially) grow a thicker skin, and yet you spend a good paragraph complaining about being criticized?

Respond to this message   
John Meyer
(Login Don_Kiyoti)
HyperScale Forums

No kidding!

July 17 2012, 4:04 PM 

Ed, how about some cheese with that whine!

I've told the Bonanza Dr/Lawyer-killer joke more than a few times. It's funny when you're talking to an airplane person who's never heard it (good luck finding that person).

Respond to this message   

(Select Login CSMO)
HyperScale Forums

I never heard the joke, but I can live without it. n/t.

July 17 2012, 4:22 PM 

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

Respond to this message   
John Meyer
(Login Don_Kiyoti)
HyperScale Forums

Re: I never heard the joke, but I can live without it. n/t.

July 17 2012, 4:56 PM 

Yeah, it wouldn't be funny to a lot of people. It's an outgrowth of the Bonanza's reputation for some kind of tricky handling characteristic (spin? I forget) causing a lot of accidents, and that they were often purchased by doctors and lawyers who may not have been skilled enough pilots to handle the situation.

Respond to this message   

(Login iluvflying)
HyperScale Forums

I think it was a nasty stall at low speed. ie, turning base to final on landing

July 17 2012, 11:29 PM 

some have a triangular piece of metal on the leading edge near the fuselage

Philip & Maximilian
Head of Ranch Security, Song Dog, Texas

Where has all the music gone?

Respond to this message   

(Login bondo455)
HyperScale Forums

As I've said before, Ed.....

July 17 2012, 6:29 PM 

quoting my now-deceased All-American high school football coach ("There are two kinds of people on this earth: meat-and-potatoes eaters and jellybread eaters.") I sometimes smell grape jelly around the "pages" of HS... happy.gif

1. One day at MUO, a crew was going out on a "difficult" night training mission. As the crew passed out the door to go out on the ramp, one of our crew dogs asked the leftseater, a young captain Corvette driver, "Can I have your 'Vette?"

2. One of our senior pilots was briefing fourship flight integrity and said, "If I screw up and crash into that mountain, I wanna see three holes right beside mine."

3. A TAC jet aircrew prayer: "Lord, if I hafta go, please make it supersonic; I don't wanna hafta think about it."

Almost every squadron loss my assigned units incurred over the fourteen years I spent in TAC could be traced to aircrew error, no matter how good a "stick" the front/left seater was.....

Phil

Respond to this message   

(Select Login CSMO)
HyperScale Forums

Some folks don't understand the need for black humor.

July 17 2012, 7:38 PM 

I soldiered and spent some time as a cop. My wife used to be an E.M.T. on an ambulance crew. She gets on my case everytime I refer to an ambulance as a "Meat Wagon". "Different strokes for different folks". Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login johne37179)
HyperScale Forums

Just remember

July 17 2012, 7:48 PM 

Better dead than looking bad!

Respond to this message   
Jim B.
(Login jamesBer)
HyperScale Forums

Actually it was the "Vee" Tail version that had this reputation. n/t

July 19 2012, 2:16 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - OMG, another namby pamby chastized me for being
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters