Beyond Year One - for those betrayed by an extramarital affair only
Long term personal recovery, building a new marriage, and/or a new life.
Please Read Our Policy Before Posting.Register your ID for posting
Message Boards
Healing Heart
Deeper Healing
Open Board
Single Healing
Healing Fun
Forum Issues

Chat Rooms
Betrayed Only
Open

Helpful Links

FAQ:
Posting
Inserting pictures
Adding your story
Inserting smilies
Abbreviations
Using HTML

My Resources

Healing Moderators
Ami
Pat
TomJ

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

It finally happened!

January 24 2012 at 1:12 PM

(Login fivefoottwo)

Oh my! My H and I realized this morning that our 5th anniversary of our reconciliation date passed and we didn't notice!! We were so busy caring for our 14 month old grandson, and simply loving our lives and each other, that the date (19th) slipped by without so much as a blip!

El has often spoken about her healing, and the time factor, and that, if there is true love, forgiveness, and patience, that healing can happen. And not only healing, but maybe even a better relationship than ever. Well, folks that has happened for us. It wasn't without pain, hard work, and hours and hours of talking, but it HAS happened!

My H is the most loving, attentive man now. He cannot believe what he had done and is still horrified by his actions, but we have moved beyond that painful time into a wonderful, amazingly happy present.

Thanks to all on this board who helped me get there.

JJ

Peace is not just the absence of war; it's an exercise in compassion. -Dalai Lama
Coming to you from JJ

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
El
(Login hurt)

JJJJJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 24 2012, 3:26 PM 

I am so beyond happy JJ! I just called my H to hear your beautiful words! I am just so very very very happy!

I remember your pain only too well, and all you have been through. Talk about turning your life upside down and around!

You deserve the healing and the loving future JJ. You have both worked so hard for this to happen!

It is amazing 5 years ago, did you ever think you would write this post!! Not to mention all the other healing advice you have shared with so many over the years.

That is why it is essential that we old timers come back to write. Remember in those early days we thought we would never survive this nightmare. Unfortunately it is an education not available in the " outside world". People just don't talk about it. We all fall prey to "the monogamy myth" I remember when I first saw Peggy's book I did not want to read such nonsense!

Healing happens because we share our learning here. We all grow together, and you are one of the best examples of that dear JJ!!

I wish you a wonderful loving life dear JJ!

I am so very very glad you wrote, and delighted that life once again is as it should be filled with understanding and hope for a better tomorrow!

much love to you and Mr. JJ

Always,
El

(Login Memories23)

It Finally Happened!

January 24 2012, 6:02 PM 

JJ,

I am so very happy for you, words can't even begin to tell you, how much! I wasn't around for the beginning of the five years, but have seen where you have helped others, including me. It gives us all hope, that with hard work, perseverance and a lot of talking, that it is possible to heal.

I will have to say, that during the past 26 yrs. their has been a couple of DD's that I did forget the date and it was wonderful. I hope to get their again, not sure if it will be every year, but even a few of not remembering is great.

I wish you all the best and love to you and your H for getting through this healing process. You both deserve it, especially you.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

LindaT

This message has been edited by Memories23 on Jan 24, 2012 6:07 PM

kris
(Login kbrook)

wow

January 24 2012, 9:10 PM 

I don't know your story, I guess I need to go find it, but all I can say is thank goodness it does happen! So glad to hear you both are doing well and I hope and pray I can post something like this one day!
YAY for you!

(Login shawnthewife)

Love the idea of hope!

January 25 2012, 10:03 AM 

JJ: Whoooo Hooooo!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive milestone. It helps so much to hear about healing. It helps to know that even though this process is slow and very painful, we can come out the other side stronger than we ever dreamed.

Very happy for you!
Shawn

Anonymous
(Login dancin-gal)
Healing Moderator

Re: It finally happened!

January 28 2012, 1:28 PM 

J J so happy that you have reached that place..it feels so good to move forward..it all seems like a bad dream at times.

(((hugs))))

Pat

"Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time."

JD
(Login jennydanish)

Re: It finally happened!

February 8 2012, 8:04 AM 

Tears are rolling down my face right now happy.gif. I am so happy and amazed to actually see someone go past that painful experiece and be happy again. I am so glad for you. Congrates to your H, who managed to get you and your feelings back happy.gif.

(Login thishurts)

Wish I was You

April 6 2012, 11:26 PM 

JJ, I am really happy for you. I am 10 years past D-day and every Jan. 21st it all seems to come back. Valentines Day is even worse. I wish I could be where you are. Most of the year goes by without incident, but that anniversary is always a punch in the gut!

Current Topic - It finally happened!  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
For problems, concerns, ideas, suggestions or other requests by e-mail: healingmoderators@hotmail.com