(Login Hemikiller)

Re: Diamonds are Forever Car on Ebay

September 1 2008, 10:17 AM 

Wow, closed and not one single bid....

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Not a single bid because it isn't the DRF car

September 1 2008, 4:59 PM 

There weren't bids on the car because it isn't the DRF car. The Ian Flemming Foundation bought the real Diamonds Are Forever car about 4 years ago. It is in CA in a warehouse waiting for restoration.

This one is just a red on red J code Mach I.

Craig

Respond to this message   

(Login Hemikiller)

Re: Not a single bid because it isn't the DRF car

September 2 2008, 8:07 AM 

Did not know that....

I did notice he left out the VIN#....

I take it that the car they bought in TX is authenticated?

http://www.ianflemingfoundation.org/main.htm>

...and the info on these sites is wrong...

http://commanderbond.net/article/2438>

http://freenet-homepage.de/pony/bond.htm>

Respond to this message   

(no login)

james bond DRF car

September 2 2008, 5:42 PM 

i understood they bought several cars for the "shoot". just as they have done in most shoots involving chase scenes. i was told craig had some info on this car.could you please share it. my cell is 918 645 4543. kirt

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: james bond DRF car

September 3 2008, 12:35 AM 

I believe this car went through Barrett Jackson a few years ago and it got up to 23 or 24 K.I also believe he has docs saying it was delievered to vegas for the movie. Im sure there was more then one 429 car sold for the movie.The problem is he will never get 100 k for this car.I traded emails with him a year or two ago and he wanted 100 k then.You would have to be a huge Bond fan with more money then brains to pay that.It would be cool to own though...

Respond to this message   
Mitch
(no login)

There at least 6 Mach 1's ordered not all 429CJ's though

September 3 2008, 10:43 AM 

At least 4 cars were 302. 1 M Code, and 1 429CJ car - All of the 302 Cas were wrecked attempting to film the alley scene, the M Code was used at a latter date to finish the scene - hence the magical switch from the right wheels to the left wheels in the alley.

The 302 cars due to the damage were all scrapped.
the 351 went to Joey Chitwood and finally the Ian Flemming Foundation.
And of course the debate continues on the 429CJ car

What is interesting is the the owner of one of the 3 428CJ XR7 Conv that were built for On Her Majestys Secret Service published his Factory invoice in the Cougar Club Newsletter. The invoice actually lists "302-R-427 BOND MOVIE SPCL. DLR. ACCT. ADJ. CR." The credit was 22.49 The car was shipped to the Los Angeles Assembly Plant, Box 101, Pico Rivera CA

From watching the movie that FOMOCO provided at least 2 dozen cars for key scenes. Ranging from Lincoln, T-Bird, Ford Van, numberous Galaxies and LTD's Police cars etc. I would suspect if they invoiced 3 Cougars to list the bond movie in 69 that with all of the cars provided for DAF that these cars including the 71 mustangs would have had similar invoicing, and if so it would be easy to document that it is indeed a true DAF car!

My 2 bits!

Respond to this message   

(Login Hemikiller)

Re: There at least 6 Mach 1's ordered not all 429CJ's though

September 3 2008, 1:38 PM 

Mitch, then all it would take is the VIN from this particular car and a call to Kevin Marti. He should then be able to verify the history of the car in question.

Respond to this message   
SnakeOnWheels
(Login SnakeOnWheels)

Draw your own conclusions.

September 3 2008, 7:20 PM 

I’ve bit my tongue long enough on this subject and will post only the facts as I know them.

I owned 00066 which I then sold to Craig; Craig then sold it to the Ian Fleming Foundation. I never once saw any documentation supporting either one of these cars as being the Diamonds are Forever 429 car....be it the one that was just on Ebay, last owned as far as I knew by Mike Alameda in San Jose CA. or the one Craig sold to the Ian Fleming foundation.

I do have correspondence from Lois Eminger that questions the Mike Alameda car and discounts the Ian Fleming car.

I also have correspondence from Kevin Marti regarding the 00066 Ian Fleming foundation car that further discounts it.

Stay tuned as I will scan these docs in later this evening and post. You will then be able to draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
Mike McKeever.
ps I hope your not on dial up as it's quite a bit of documentation.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(no login)

james bond

September 3 2008, 10:46 PM 

your post is greatly appreciated,especially the letter from eminger.the hand written ledgers on the early vins was most interesting. i have 00028 and suspected it was one of the first scj's.alameda sent me a copy of marti's report and it states that his car was a DAF car. i wonder what marti has or has he not read the eminger letter.it did not show as a" stripe delete"on the marti and i don't see a sportsroof in the movie scenes as eminger states but a stripe delete mach1.thanks again for those attachments

Respond to this message   
SnakeOnWheels
(Login SnakeOnWheels)

00076 Alameda Eminger

September 3 2008, 11:30 PM 

Kirt, I'm glad you enjoyed the information. All of the credit really goes to Lois Eminger for doing all the hard work on this...I'm just scanning and posting what she sent me. You'll really enjoy a letter that she sent me later about her own personal Mach1

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(Login SnakeOnWheels)

00066 Fleming Eminger

September 4 2008, 12:27 AM 

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(Login SnakeOnWheels)

00066 Marti

September 4 2008, 1:07 AM 

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Tom Balaz
(Login TomBalaz)

I used to own 100031 from Feb 1975 to July 1977

October 3 2008, 11:54 PM 

Thanks ever so much for the info about the early 71 Mustangs. I rememeber the day I bought 100031 like it was last week, since it was also my mothers birthday. I foolishly sold it 2.5 years later, and miss that car to this day.

Fortunately, it does survive, and thanks to John Blair, who hooked me up the the current owner, and I was able to speak with him about 3 years ago. I was able to fill in some ownership gaps for him, and he told me that it had an interesting history subsequent to my stewardship.

I've always wondered if it was the first SCJ 4 speed Drag Pack ever built. Apparently, the first owner was looking for a Boss 351, when he saw this car, at the dealership. It was sent to several other dealerships to promote the new body style, according to what the current owner told me. I noticed that this car was used in the new car show in Oakville, Ontario, then went to Calgary, Alberta, and Vancouver BC, but it was sold new in Winnipeg, Manitoba, then it was traded in by the original owner in the fall of 1974. The second owner only had it for a couple of months, before I bought it from a new car dealer's used car lot.

I've drifted away from Mustangs these days, but still would love to own another 429, maybe one day...........

Respond to this message   
Rich
(no login)

Re: james bond

September 3 2008, 11:37 PM 

71 Machs didn't come with the stripe. The stripe was an option.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

stripes on mach1

September 8 2008, 4:15 PM 

thanks for this posting. it got me to thinking about the stripes as an option. i have a few of the '71 mustangs and guess i just assumed a mach1 came with stripes and a rear spoiler. well i have some that show "rear deck spoiler" and "body side tape stripe" as options on a mach1 and some that do not.so you are correct. looks like i have to remove a stripe on at least one. never a moments rest

Respond to this message   
Tom Balaz
(Login TomBalaz)

Re: 00028

October 9 2008, 1:44 AM 

Kirt, I was wondering if this car is a Drag Pack car?? Is it a C6 or a 4 speed. I once owned 00031, and also suspected that it was one of the first SCJ's. According to the Emminger info, it now appears that my old car was the second SCJ built.

Respond to this message   

(Login fryerscj)

ser 00028

October 15 2008, 9:58 PM 

thanks for asking.its a c6,3.91 drag pack. the eminger is two pages due to all the options and not only that there are 3 different emingers.the first one was dearborn to ford of canada(show car),then the next two were rebooked out to dealers. i went to canada to get it.i have other '71 429's and one of them had some paper work from the(a) '71 registry showing # 50 something was the earliest one registered. on this james bond posting is where i found out it was for sure the first one although i suspected it. for those of us interested in these cars its very exciting to get the first 429 and it was a scj.the car came with a 429cj block installed but the original block came with it.it had been rebuilt 20 years ago with the original components and was wrapped and oiled. the block stamp pad was blank but not ground on.

Respond to this message   
Tom
(Login TomBalaz)

Re: 00028

October 18 2008, 11:13 PM 

Thanks for responding about your car. It seems that my old 429 was the second one built, and the first 4 speed. Now I really wish I'd held on to it. The only items I have left are the selling dealers key fob, with the VIN, two radio knobs (I think), and maybe a set of keys.

The current owner came up to Winnipeg, Canada to get it as well. Where in Canada was yours found?

Respond to this message   

(Login fryerscj)

October 27 2008, 2:10 PM 

london,ontario

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Hey SnakeOnWheels

September 4 2008, 10:04 PM 

Mike

Good to hear from you and appreciate you posting the information about our car. I could have used you when I was trying to sell it for I took a beating on this site from Mike A. and his supporters. Lots of threats, etc...

I, like you couldn't prove the car was the one and had resided to keep it even though I needed the money. About a month or so after trying to sell it Ian Flemming Foundation called me and dumb ass me didn't pick up on "Ian Flemming" and agreed to sell the car CHEAP before they told me who they were. Deal is a deal and I sold it to them along with a correct engine and many other parts I had accumulated. I broke even on the deal.

It was after I agreed to sell it that they told me John Ford had helped them authenticate the car and could prove it was the one. I wanted to die and it was tough to let it go after I found out.

Guess there is solace in the fact that it is at a good home.

Craig

Respond to this message   
SnakeOnWheels
(Login SnakeOnWheels)

Hello Craig

September 8 2008, 9:36 PM 

Howdy Craig,
Ahh the would've... could've.... should've...Just think about the poor character that I purchased 00066 from. He honestly believed that the world was going into total chaos/ending in the year 2000. He was moving a wouldn't tell anybody where he was going except into the mountains. He had a 40ft semi trailer parked in front of his home which was in a less than desirable neighborhood and was loading it with car parts when I met him....he invited me inside for a look at some other parts he had....he walked into the kitchen and opened up a cabinet, the shelves were lined with dirty carburetors, every room in his home was like that.

Ok so who his John Ford? In my conversation with Doug from the Ian Flemming Foundation he told me that "Ford had verified that this was the car" call me skeptical but until I see any Ford Motor Co. Marti, etc. documentation on either car I'll remain that way.

Regards,
Mike McKeever.
BTW the Alameda car is re-listed

Respond to this message   

(no login)

John Ford is one of the family

September 8 2008, 9:40 PM 

I'm sure that they told me John Ford was the one who help decode it. One of the Ford Family anyway.

Craig

Respond to this message   

(Login SnakeOnWheels)

More docs.

September 8 2008, 9:54 PM 

Thought I'd post these too...I think that's about all have.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
9464larry
(Login 9464larry)

Re: More docs.

September 14 2008, 5:00 PM 

Do not know anything about the subject except for the good info posted,I have seen the movie but never studied the cars in detail in the movie,one observation between the car on ebay and the one bought by the flemming foundation is that this one has electric rear window defrost.This has obvious strips running through the glass.Can this feature be seen in the movie on the car known to be the 429 car?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Diamonds are Forever Car on Ebay
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
New Page 1 For additional information on the 1971 429 CJ Mustang and Cougar

Helpful Links

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Megasite

The purpose of this site is to provide hard to find information on these extremely rare vehicles as well as the 429 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet engines they came equipped with. Also included is a photo gallery of 429 Mustangs and Cougars and comprehensive information and photos of the rare components used on these vehicles.

71 429 Mustang/Cougar Parts Board

The purpose of this board is to provide a place to Buy and Sell 71 429 Mustang and Cougar parts. The 71 - 73 Mustang/Cougar Parts are welcome as well.

How To Add Photos To Your Forum Post

Step by step instructions on how to add a photo to your forum post.