Return to Index  

Anxiously waiting on new arrival

November 27 2006 at 3:16 PM

J. Chandler Hall  (Login jchandlerhall)

Hey Purists!

I have enjoyed my first serious watch purchase earlier this year almost every day. It is the Master Control Geographic SS, 142.8.92, the 929/3 caliber, sizing in at just over 38mm.

I have just around a 6" wrist, small for a man, I know. Recently in NYC, I was able to try on a Master Reveil and some other brands as well. I was surprised how much larger just a single mm or two made the watch appear on my arm and quickly realized I won't be happy with the larger case 'trends of late'.

I fell in love with this watch and have worried about getting a perpetual that is below 40mm, so I asked around and one of my ADs located a Master Perpetual, black dial, SS...old stock still in inventory, he says.

I haven't seen the black dial in person, so having it shipped to me for review. I hope that I cannot turn it away and will therefore have to keep it. The watch was just serviced at MJLC ealier this year as it was (supposedly) purchased from another dealer after I requested to purchase one. (I have been looking for one of these for several months now.)

If I don't love this enough to keep it, I will settle for a MUT WG and maybe a Reverso Duo. The perpetual will have to wait another day, maybe then.

Would you recommend that I try to get the Master report for a watch that is potentially years old, but supposedly not sold/worn?
Best regards, Chandler

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page