<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

More watches JLC should make.......

September 20 2004 at 5:44 AM

Velociphile  (Login Velociphile)
AP Discussion Group

Silly and sensible coffee break thoughts to refresh the Master range:

Grand Taille with small seconds. Much cuter....

Master Moon with power reserve. Ooh, getting much cuter....

A Reserve de Marche with a moon. Soooo cute.... Did someone say 5055?...shhhhhhh.

Geographic - Add a memovox alarm. Ah ha! R e a l l y practical travel watch.

(Geographic with +/- GMT/DST function. Dream on....)

Reveil - Add a dual time hand. Ah ha! Even more practical travel watch - hotel alarm breakage no problem!

Perpetual Calendar. Make it manual! Should keep them away from a slow death on a winder and on owners’ wrists. Hahaha!

Annual calendar. Who needs a perpetual anyway? Face it, your watch probably gets reset from having stopped or been serviced before that ‘once every 4 year wheel’ comes into play as a useful feature. Go on, you know it’s true.

A one button 30 Minute chronograph based on RDM – Small seconds become 30 min counter. Sweep seconds only. Stop and reset on single button at 2pm.

Master Grande ChronoVoxLunoGeoGraphe - Master Grande Memovox with dual time and one button chrono

Hmmmmm Chronovox, Like the sound of that.

……oh, and did I mention a Polaris re-issue…..

Got to go, the men with the white coats are here.

Velociphile

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Robert
(no login)

Nice post!

September 20 2004, 6:45 AM 

I especially like the 'manual wind for the perpetual' idea.

Respond to this message   
Echi
(no login)

The GT has a small seconds subregister at 6 o'clock...

September 20 2004, 6:59 PM 

Some improvements/enhancements...

Master Moon (silver dial)

- manual wind
- the dial needs a bit more depth IMO. while it's as symmetrical as it can get, it looks a bit flat. i think a recessed dial might look ok starting from the hour markers such that the day markers are a level higher than the whole dial. this way, the day pointer wouldn't have to be bent.
- an off-white enamel dial perhaps?
- finish on the day pointer can be improved. it's too rough.
- and they can take out the "automatique" word below the moonphase

the funny thing is, i think the black dial version is quite handsome and you can probably leave it as is.

GT

- the main complaint i have with the GT is that i think they could've done better by having a guilloche pattern on the dial like the Classique. it just gives it a bit more depth.

- i don't know if raised hour markers will look better.

Respond to this message   
decha
(no login)

here is mine choice

September 20 2004, 9:16 PM 

JLC should have a decent chronograph watch in master series or reverso series.

Respond to this message   
Johnny B
(no login)

I'm with you on the chrono for the Master series...

September 21 2004, 8:44 AM 

But the Reverso series indeed has a very nice chrono--the Gran' Sport Chrono.

John

Respond to this message   
decha
(no login)

Sorry to disagree

September 21 2004, 7:21 PM 

I think reverso grand sport chrono is not my kind of watch. I would prefer a more classic reverso which will I think be an instance success.

Respond to this message   
Echi
(no login)

Given the Reverso's rectangular design, how do you think...

September 22 2004, 1:29 AM 

the pushers would look like?

maybe a monopusher design might work to retain its elegance. otherwise, pushers jutting out of the case might look awkward.

what do you think?

Respond to this message   
decha
(no login)

It could be

September 22 2004, 4:26 AM 

In fact JLC has a chrono in reverso but in quarzt movement. So chrono in mechanical movement would not be too bad. A monopusher is also a good idea as well.

Respond to this message   
John B
(no login)

So you'd prefer...

September 22 2004, 8:22 AM 

So you'd prefer something like the limited edition reverso chronograph? I personally quite like the Gran' Sport. What don't you like about it?

John

Respond to this message   
decha
(no login)

not necessary

September 22 2004, 7:49 PM 

It does not have to be limited because JLC produce most of the limited watch at 500 pcs which to me is not limited. As for as gran sport, I think the watch has too hardcore personality for me. TOO BOLD and TOO STRONG. If they can do it in normal reverso I think I will have a more soft tone to it.

Respond to this message   
John B
(no login)

Re: not necessary

September 23 2004, 9:14 AM 

I didn't mean that it needed to be limited. I was merely wondering whether you would prefer the aesthetic look of the limited ed. reverso chronograph...just inquiring about aesthetics.

Cheers,

John

Respond to this message   
vivek
(no login)

Master reviel with Day(@12) Date(@6), rotating bezel

January 4 2005, 11:08 AM 

My take on it is
a JLC with Day(@12) and Date(@6) with a rotating bezel for 2nd timezone. It should not be that complicated to make this movement as they already have memovox with a rotating bezel. Adding a day of the week complication should not be that hard for JLC. I am not a watchmaker. But, I am guessing this should be well within JLC's reach.
--Viv

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page