<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The New Master Grande Reveil...

April 4 2005 at 3:04 PM
Jaw  (no login)

The extremely busy Basel and SIHH schedules would not allow me to post anything in details but just brief details and specifications. I apologise in advance if I cannot answer any question till after SIHH.

Basically a model to replace Master Grande Memovox with addititional Vibration only setting and 2 hemispheres moonphase plus the autotractor specs.

(Platinum version of the Master Grande Reveil)

Movement:

- Mechanical automatic movement, JLC cal. 909/1, crafted and decorated by hand.
- 28,800 vph
- 45-hour power reserve
- 363 parts
- 36 jewels
- 8.3mm high
- oscillating weight segment in 22-carat gold

Functions:

- hours, minutes
- central seconds
- alarm/reminder; chime or vibration
- perpetual calendar; date, day, month, 4 digits year
- 24-hour indicator
- moon phase for both hemispheres

Dial:
- stainless steel; silvered sunray-patterned, numerals and hour-markers in applied rhodium-plated gold, 4 luminescent dots
- 18-carat pink gold ; silvered or black sunray-patterned, numerals and hour-markers in gilt gold, 4 luminsescent dots
- platinum 950; grey palladium sunray-patterned, numerals and hour-markers in applied-rhodium-plated gold, 4 luminsescent dots

Hands

- hour and minutes; alpha in gilt or rhodium-plated brass
- others; gilt or rhodium-plated brass, blue or red varnish.

Crown:
- 1 crown at 2 o'clock for winding, setting and stopping/starting the alarm
- 1 crown at 4 o'clock to start the watch and set the hour, minutes and date
- 1 corrector at 8 o'clock for the regulation of all the perpetual calendar functions; 1 press for 1 day
- 1 push-button at 10 o'clock for the chime/vibration selection on the alarm function

Case:
- diameter 43mm, in stainless steel, in 18-carat pink gold or limited edition of 10 pieces in platinum 950
- sapphire crystal hardness NO. 9
- 1000 hours control seal in 18-carat pink gold or in platinum 950, engraved on the caseback
- water resistant to 50m

strap:
- matt brown, matt chocolate or matt grey alligator 20/18 and 18mm folding clasp in stainless steel, 18-carat or platinum 950.

Jaw

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Velociphile
(Login Velociphile)
AP Discussion Group

Looking good - Wisemoth's new baby? (nt)

April 4 2005, 3:33 PM 

Respond to this message   
wisemoth
(Login wisemoth)
AP Discussion Group

:-))

April 5 2005, 3:45 PM 

Just maybe!

I like the idea of the silent alarm mode (it works well on the mobile phone!) - though of course the amazing sound of the memovox (whoops - Reveil!) would probably mean I'd find some excuse to always have the alarm ringing out beautifully...

I'm not sure if it's the lighting, but I'm guessing the subdial chapter rings are slightly more contrasting to the subdial itself than on the Grande Memovox - I'm not sure if I can get on with that, but perhaps seeing it for real would help.

Also the "AL/VIB" indicator might have been preferable without the labels, just a single (red/no-red or red/blue etc) colour dot perhaps.

I think I've historically preferred the "regular" moonphase indicator (is there an acceptable name for that?) to the "sky moon" style: though the latter could do a better job of showing a gibbous phase of the moon (though I've yet to see this!)

The split 4 digit year is a little confusing too - I'm guessing the 2 digit "centuries" is the one disc?

But, very glad to see that the Grande Memovox continues (I do prefer the memovox name though) - I note a pattern forming on the Reveil, Memovox, Reveil naming scheme though...

...so, yup, love the new watch: still love my MGM, and looking forward to the next MGM too (2!)

Respond to this message   
jokoh
(Login Jokoh)
AP Discussion Group

Vibration ? Handphone on the wrist :-)

April 4 2005, 8:21 PM 

Thanks Jaw...very interesting

cheers
joe

Respond to this message   
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

Wow...this year has really got alot of new beauties :-) Thanks Jaw. nt

April 5 2005, 2:53 AM 

Respond to this message   
Sebastian.G.Fritz
(Login Sebastian.G.Fritz)

With a second time zone

April 10 2005, 1:31 AM 

it would be the perfect watch for me (appart from the price).

Regards

Sebastian

Respond to this message   
Dennis Teo
(no login)

Wow....

April 10 2005, 8:32 PM 

This is better than my current Master Grande Reveil. The additional vib alarm is really nice.
Had been thinking of a vib mechanical alarm for some time. Is this a first for mechanical alarm ??.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page