<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New here / EWC Questions

November 27 2006 at 3:46 AM
Anonymous  (Login nick664)
AP Discussion Group

Hello, all!

i have been lurking and reading for a while on the Purists hp, but this is my first time actually posting.

i currenty own ad s/s submariner and am very happy with it, but decided i would like a second watch.
i am looking at the JLC EWC and Master Chrono at the moment.(both steel)
My dealer gave me the Chrono for the weekend and after some time i decided its not quite what i´m looking for. The EWC has been sold out in my city, next one ist bound to come in a couple of days, but the wait is just killing me.

I have some questions about the EWC and hope some of you will help me out with the info:

1. why does the EWC have metal pieces "wrapped" around the case? looks like bits of metal stuck under the crowns.

2. which part of the watch is steel and wich is ti?

3. there are (afaik) 2 le of the EWC: yellow (orange?) and the Dubai with more red color. Correct? how difficult is it do get these and does anyone please have pics?

thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Nick

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

P@trick™@Belgium
(Login patrick-belgium)
AP Discussion Group

maybe this pic explains a bit

November 27 2006, 5:19 AM 

the inner case (biggest of the 2) is titanium the outer (with the lugs) is polished steel !!

hope you can see on this pic how the 2 fit in each other, the parts you are speaking of (ti) are visible from the outside and are those that carry the crown and pushers,

PATRICK™

MY WATCHES PHOTOBLOG

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login nick664)
AP Discussion Group

Re: New here / EWC Questions

November 27 2006, 5:26 AM 

i´ve done a search on the EWC, and it came up that many people had problems with their watches.

is the quality of the EWCs sold now better? Has JLC sorted the problems out?

nick

Nick

Respond to this message   

Casey
(Login flstfirider)

re: EWC quality control

November 27 2006, 5:48 AM 

Several owners that received watchs from the first shipment experianced a problem with alignment of the world time ring. I have not seen any postings in quit some time re. problems. Hopefully all problems have been corrected on the later shipments.

It is an incredible watch, it will quickly become your daily wearer.

Also, the yellow EWC was a limited edition of 20, the red, Dubail edition was a limited edition of 50 for a jewelry store in Paris. I have seen both available in the second hand market, with about a $6K preminum.

You can however, order a custom strap from JLC. The one in the photo can also be order in aligator with the red stitching.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login nick664)
AP Discussion Group

Re: New here / EWC Questions

November 27 2006, 7:07 AM 

thanks for the Info!

i will have the possibility to have a look at the EWC for the first time in person either tomorrow or on wednesday. really looking forward to it...decide after "feeling".

another q: what is the semi-circle dial at the 6 position? and whatever it is, how does this work?

cheers,

Nick

Respond to this message   

Casey
(Login flstfirider)

Re: semi circle

November 27 2006, 8:32 AM 

The semi circle that you are refering to is the second indicator for the watch, 30 seconds red, 30 white as it spins around.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login nick664)
AP Discussion Group

Re: semi circle

November 27 2006, 11:51 AM 

thanks a lot everyone!

i will (hopefully) see the watch tomorrow, and then make up my mind..

nick

Nick

Respond to this message   

watchme
(Login uwatchme)
AP Discussion Group

Make sure you try the strap-switching device...

November 27 2006, 5:52 PM 

it, alone, might sway you.
-Dean

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page