<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A question of size

November 29 2006 at 8:44 AM

Cepheus  (Login cepheus1960)

Dear friends,

I suppose some of you must be confronted to the same problem as I am: quite tall, slim, and above all, very fine wrists (16,5 cm or 6.49")!
In other words, impossible to wear a watch of 42 mm in diameter
I currently wear a IWC Portofino SS (ancient model) of 34 mm, which is perfect for me.
I'm looking now for a Reverso, and wondering what to choose. I've even thought of wearing a lady's model!

Any help and good advice?

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

loujo
(Login jzl1)
AP Discussion Group

GT sized reverso would be fine, such as Reverso Duo.

November 29 2006, 9:41 AM 

They wear like 34-36mm watches.

Respond to this message   

J. Chandler
(Login jchandlerhall)

Not much help, but want similar advice...

November 29 2006, 9:43 AM 

My wrists are even smaller...just at 6".

I recently tried on two Reverso's. A 100yr Wempe-branded Automatic which was just at 42mm 'long' and I think a Duo, just 1mm shorter. The wempe one was definitely too long and the other one 'just barely worked' on my thin wrist. All of the automatic or "grand" reversos I have researched seem to be 42mm long or longer. I think the older duo seem to fall within an acceptable range for both of us.

Due to exactly this issue, I just went ahead and bought a Master Perpetual from 2003, recently returned and serviced by MJLC because it is one of the smallest and affordable perpetuals out there (just over 37mm diameter).

Thanks in advance to anyone that contributes to this thread!

Respond to this message   
Dje
(Login Dje-CC)
AP Discussion Group

Have you tried on Reverso Classique?

November 29 2006, 1:29 PM 

Hi,

Reverso Classique is the closest to the original, still beautiful and definitely not ridiculous!

That's the ultrathin Reverso too, or kind of.

Cheers

Dje

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page