<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RGA : I'm a little bit afraid of a weard noise inside the case :

November 30 2006 at 2:33 PM

EdouardG  (Login EdouardG)

When i move softly my RGA (not enough to make the rotor wind) i hear a little click...
It makes me think about a part of the caliber that shocks the case (in the inside)...As if a part of the caliber would have felt.
It makes that click in every position.
Which part of the caliber would do such a click logically?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

Do you mean when pivoting the watch?

December 1 2006, 2:44 AM 

Mine gives a kind of very soft ratling/clicking sound when pivoting the watch, as you mentioned earlier here. Thanks for your comments regarding the deployant buckle, that was a real relief to hear. I have one question left about my new reverso, I will sent you an e-mail about that.

Respond to this message   

EdouardG
(Login EdouardG)

Pivoting it but not rotating, there's something like a part of the caliber...

December 1 2006, 4:06 AM 

that touch the inner case and that makes a click against it.
Do you know if the rotor moves up and down verticaly or is it just rotating horizontaly?
Does it make the same thing in yours?
Hope you understand what i mean...

Respond to this message   
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

No not exactly, it is very difficult, I do not think you mean the click of.....

December 1 2006, 4:37 AM 

the balls when pivoting the watch in and out of the case, because that also gives a click.

I think the rotor is a one way rotor, but I am not completely sure of that.

I also hear a kind of ting-ting when moving the watch a little and it is not like the rotor sound spinning around.

Respond to this message   

EdouardG
(Login EdouardG)

To be sure about that, i will go to my AD, and if needed send it to aftersales service. nt

December 1 2006, 5:03 AM 

Respond to this message   
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

I would do the same

December 1 2006, 5:05 AM 

Respond to this message   
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

Does it sound like a loose screw inside the case hitting the case borderlines.............

December 1 2006, 4:48 AM 

If so I do not hear such a thing.

I hear a click sound when clicking the balls in and out of the case. I hear a little very soft ratling sound when swiveling the watch when it is out of the carrier. I hear a a kind of ting-ting sound when I move the watch slowly without swiveling. I hear a spinning sound when moving the watch harder, that should be the sound of the rotor. And I hear a ticking sound when the watch is in rest, the normal sound of a mechanical watch.

Respond to this message   
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

Have you checked your side strip yet?

December 1 2006, 4:49 AM 

I have sent you an e-mail with a picture today.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login robinsonneveld)

Richard I,ve send you an e-mail about the carrier

December 2 2006, 2:58 AM 

NT

Respond to this message   

EdouardG
(Login EdouardG)

Finally, I decided to come and see a JLC AD close to home this afternoon, and...

December 2 2006, 9:01 AM 

because that noise isn't normal (like an unscrewed piece in the case), he decided to send it to the aftersales service in Paris...
He told me i wouldn't get it back before end of december (because of the christmas time)...
I'll miss my RGA very much!
Hope i will get my MCMemovox very soon!

Richard, if you think you hear the same unkown noise, don't hesitate and send it to the AS service (via your AD).
Cheers

Respond to this message   
Richard Pols
(Login rpols)

No I do not think I hear such a noise, just a little ratling.............

December 2 2006, 12:47 PM 

when pivoting, but I think that the two pins which are not visible but hold the watchcase in the carrier make that sound. But it is a very soft sound. Again there are four little very small dents in the strips between the lugs, now I am sure that is has something to do with a kind of bank vice in the factory holding the carrier during the mounting of the watchcase in the carrier. Also there is some more space between the carrier and the case in the upper right corner than in the lowerright corner. But as you described to me you also have a little difference in thickness in the sidestrip of your carrier, must be caused by the polishing by hand af the case. Good luck with yours! I am sure they will take good care of it.

Respond to this message   

EdouardG
(Login EdouardG)

Hope they will! Thanks Richard! nt

December 2 2006, 1:44 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page