<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Reverso??

December 1 2006 at 9:17 PM
Rishad Cooper  (Login rishad77)
PP Discussion Group

Hi all,
Though I do have a few watches vintage, none are JLC. Ive held a fascination for the reverso, and always liked and appreciated the fine finish on vintage JLC movements, but never understood or learnt much more about them. Wanted to know-
Does JLC TODAY use ETA or ebauche movements for the reverso, or any of their watches?
Ive looked at and liked the original reverso classic, and duo face. The duo face sounds amazing, for using the same movement both sides.
Is it easy to find a classic reverso/ duo face on the second hand market?
Which model years is it best to look for?
How much do they fetch approximately on the second hand market?
Any other advice will be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
robin
(Login robinsonneveld)

Manufacture

December 2 2006, 3:19 AM 

Richad,

Because JLC is a manufacture they only use movements entirely made by them!!
They even produce (or produced) movements for other watch brands.
About vintage JLC's I cannot tell you much (only that I like them)so I hope that other forum memebers can help you with htis.

Robin

Respond to this message   
Rishad Cooper
(Login rishad77)
PP Discussion Group

OwnMovements

December 2 2006, 5:58 AM 

Yes, I do know they did used to make their own movements and even some for other makers. I own a Vacheron chronometre royal from the 50's which I know houses a movement based on a JLC. Do they continue this practice even today though or did they at some point switch to ebauche?

Respond to this message   
JackB
(Login BonMont)
AP Discussion Group

JLC has made in the past and continues to make its own....

December 2 2006, 7:34 AM 

movements as well as movements utilized by other companies. JLC clearly is well regarded for the quality of its movements.

JackB

Respond to this message   
Dje
(Login Dje-CC)
AP Discussion Group

Manufacture in-house (top notch) movements only...

December 3 2006, 11:41 AM 

Hi Rishad,

MJLC uses only fully in-house movements in all their watches.

They also sell movements to several other brands (Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Cartier, Van Cleef et Arpels, Panerai among the main brands).

They used to sell movements to many more brands (Patek Philippe, IWC and Breguet for instance).

They used some outside movements too in the past, the most recent models being very probably the "Le Club" series in the early 70s, so it was stopped around some thirty years ago. "Le Club" was a more economical range of models, having a mainstram outsourced movement.

Like "Le Club" the blog is still "outsourced" for its "engine" today.

Cheers

Dje

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page