This is a PNGSCAPE site

The PNG North Queensland Board - for Papua New Guineans and friends of PNG to post announcements, discuss issues, ask questions or just say hi!!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to NQ Board  

Meeting Australian Visa requirements

April 13 2010 at 6:03 PM
No score for this post
bridgette 

Apinun tru ol wantok!

Just last week I read in the Post courier regarding the process that Austalian High Com. in Waigani has in using DNA as one of its criteria to process visa application for PNG families to visit Australia at the invitation of PNG family members who are living and work in Australia.

What are your experiences (if any) on this? I think this is ridiculous. I am sure PNG is not a threat to Austrlia or what?? I am sure many of us living in Austrlia would like to invite and bring family members to visit us in Australia but the visa process is forever difficult even for a visitor's visa.

I wander at times if Australian visitors to PNG has to go through this ridiculous process to vist PNG. I am sure we as a community can lobby our leaders in PNG to have a conversation with Mr Rudd to eradicate this ludicrous process.

Over to you all wantoks. Mi laik harim tingting b'long yupela.

Rockhampton

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ausii tourist

Re: Meeting Australian Visa requirements

No score for this post
April 14 2010, 1:34 PM 

As an Ausii if i want to go to PNG all i got to do is rock up at Jacksons with my return ticket and pay for my 3 months tourist visa.

No standing in the sun in some long line, 20 people deep.
No needing the bank balance of my family in PNG.
No need for an invitation letter from rels who will claim full financial responsibility for me
No travel/health insurance required
And Definitely No DNA test (this must be for special cases, not everyone)

pretty much no hassles,

Aussi Tourist

7milebeach

For Moderators

No score for this post
April 17 2010, 8:58 AM 

Please do not approve further discussion onto this thread. This topic is being discussed on PNG News Board.

7mile

Anonymous

Re: Meeting Australian Visa requirements

No score for this post
April 22 2010, 10:27 PM 

I think Australia is doing a great thing because many PNG people r trouble.They come 2 Australia n cause trouble like stealing in shops,selling stuff at Rusties on tourist visa,bringing their spouses like cousins n sisters n even brothers,saying their our kids,lying about their age,migrate with their kids from other man,and competing with everyone like who is better off than the rest.
PNG people r nothing but JUDAS n BETRAYERS n GREAT GOSSIPERS and full of JELOUSY.Only very few r descent.
They bring their spouces,stress their old man 2 death n very greedy people.
Its a very big shame 2 the PNG community.Almost everyone in North Queensland r aware of this.Dont think they dont.

Anonymous

Deeply Insecure

No score for this post
April 26 2010, 2:54 PM 

What a bitter person you are!!! how you described PNG migrants is pathetically inacurate and a sad reflection of your maturity and mentality. The negative qualities and put downs you so joyously describe are typical of a person with low self esteem, low self worth, low IQ and deeply insecure!!

Get over yourself!!

Anonymous

Re: Deeply Insecure

No score for this post
April 28 2010, 8:50 PM 

Maybe might b true that someone did that but not all of us do..some of us r not married 2 old man n as 4 me i would never do thar not all PNG r bad some r good people..

Anonymous

Re: Deeply Insecure

No score for this post
April 28 2010, 11:02 PM 

the person writing about the trouble being caused by PNG people in Cairns and Townsville is actually quite correct. It is good that the moderators allowed the thread, because PNG people are quicklty making a very bad reputation for themselves in north Queensland and Brisbane.
there is also the problem of peopple saying their relatives are under 18 so they can get permanent residency faster when in Australia, and in many cases they are nit actually under 18.
then there are the students in JCU who are not really here to study, but are just looking for anybody to help them migrate into Australia
I think what everybody needs to realise is that the Australians in Cairns and Townsville are becoming more and more aware of these problems. I have heard from many of the Aussies there and they are becoming more and more angry abut this.
there has also been a lot o problems with PNG people in Innisfail and Tully.
I hate to say it but unless we change our ways we will ruin our reputation in North Queensland.

Anonymous

Waffle

No score for this post
April 30 2010, 10:48 PM 

What a load of WAFFLE AND CRAP!!!....You dont know what you are talking about and are great at making generalisations. You have not given one fact!! Just bitter and pathetic statements statements to satisfy your own agenda.

Try talking facts instead of rumors, hearsay and inuendos.....not the he said,,, she said type, or they reckon rubbish!!

Strait Talka!

Concerned Wantok

Exactly the reason why we are getting a bad reputation

No score for this post
May 1 2010, 10:30 AM 

Your above message entitled "Waffle" is classic example of why we are getting a bad reputation!!! We have to face reality, the Aussies are sick and tired of the trouble with PNG people taking advantage of the situation in Australia!!!

It is our reputation at stake, if you are using an old man to get into Australia, or you are planning of using anyblody in Australia for your own personal intentions, please think again.

Concerned Wantok

Concerned Wantok

Exactly the reason why we are getting a bad reputation

No score for this post
May 1 2010, 10:31 AM 

Your above message entitled "Waffle" is classic example of why we are getting a bad reputation!!! We have to face reality, the Aussies are sick and tired of the trouble with PNG people taking advantage of the situation in Australia!!!

It is our reputation at stake, if you are using an old man to get into Australia, or you are planning of using anyblody in Australia for your own personal intentions, please think again.

Concerned Wantok

Anonymous

How Ridiculous!!

No score for this post
May 1 2010, 6:58 PM 

AGAIN MORE WAFFLE!!!

Heres a bit of reality for ya!!! Thai's, Filipina's, Russians and other ethnicities are greater in numbers and better at taking advantage of the Australian situation. What you are saying is absolute rubbish and a complete lies to fuel your bitterness!!

How ridiculous the idea is of protecting the so called "PNG REPUTATION"......PNGeans have none are insignificant in numbers when looking at the migrant pool from around the world.

Wake up to yourself and start talking facts!! Not Rubbish!!

Stret Talka

Anonymous

Re: How Ridiculous!!

No score for this post
July 26 2010, 11:39 PM 

Dear Stret Talker...

How full of crap are you ....REALLY!!!!!

I am an Australian who loves PNG with all my heart,I lived there for many years and all my children are born there.

But how niave are you truely....The biggest problem is that generally PNG people are completely incapable of admitting that they are wrong.

I personnally have a man in my family who has spent 18 years in Australia (15 years of them in prison)

This is what the other threads are saying PNG people bring to Australia their tribal mentallity and think that the people here should do what they do.

You want to talk about waffle and crap please look in the mirror befor opening your mouth.

Stret Toka

Dribble

No score for this post
July 27 2010, 2:24 PM 

Nice of you to hide behind the anon title.......You truly are an amazingly ignorant person!!! Go and look at the original post and the responses to it or are you that same person who lives in a bubble and is twisting, manipulating all that I write! Read things through properly before you go throwing hissy fits and tantrums and showing everyone how fragile you really are.

Spend more quality time with your kids instead of chasing my posts, so they dont become illiterate and unintelligible as you.

Stret Toka

Anonymous

We need to change or our reputation will be ruined

No score for this post
April 28 2010, 11:04 PM 

the person writing about the trouble being caused by PNG people in Cairns and Townsville is actually quite correct. It is good that the moderators allowed the thread, because PNG people are quicklty making a very bad reputation for themselves in north Queensland and Brisbane.
there is also the problem of peopple saying their relatives are under 18 so they can get permanent residency faster when in Australia, and in many cases they are nit actually under 18.
then there are the students in JCU who are not really here to study, but are just looking for anybody to help them migrate into Australia
I think what everybody needs to realise is that the Australians in Cairns and Townsville are becoming more and more aware of these problems. I have heard from many of the Aussies there and they are becoming more and more angry abut this.
there has also been a lot o problems with PNG people in Innisfail and Tully.
I hate to say it but unless we change our ways we will ruin our reputation in North Queensland.

Anonymous

Re: We need to change or our reputation will be ruined

No score for this post
May 1 2010, 8:30 PM 

YES WANTOK U TOK TRU TASOL MIPLA OLGETA INO OLSEM..SOME OF US R DECENT PEOPLE.NOT ALL PNG PIPOL R BAD....LOL

Anonymous

Just jealousy and insecurity!!!

No score for this post
May 2 2010, 9:03 PM 

you have some real issues and need to get a life. Who cares if JCU students are looking for Aussie partners??? So are the rest of the world ???

Reputation???? I dont think so ??? !!!Just jealousy and insecurity!!! Seriously go and get a life noken bisi lo laif long narapela lain......acting olsem yu born im ol.!!!

Stret Talka

Anonymous

MORE WAFFLE AND DRIBBLE!!!!

No score for this post
May 3 2010, 2:43 PM 

MORE WAFFLE AND DRIBBLE!!!!

Where are your facts!!! Just gossip and rumor mongering!! You havent given one fact!!! What evidence have you given to support your statement????

Why??? Because this is just all verbal dioreah!!! Grow up and stop gossiping. There are many nationalities in Australia that abuse the Australian immigration system and if I were you I would check the figures with Migration against your foolish and immature claims!!

Grow up and get on with your life!!

puzzled

puzzling

No score for this post
May 5 2010, 1:29 PM 

Why did you get so upset about that gossiping?

Life is all about perceptions. If the perception is that PNGs in greater numbers are sneaking into Australia, people will act based on those perceptions whether or not theres any stats and facts to back it up.

Tru?

Anonymous

False Perception

No score for this post
May 5 2010, 11:02 PM 

Perception is one thing and Gossip is another.....why gossip and spread lame rumors to satisfy one persons own bitterness???

It is a false perception that they are spreading and one based on lies and inuendo. PNGs are not "sneaking into Australia in greater numbers" as you put it and that is why it is important to have facts and figures to quantify and qualify those type of knee jerk statements otherwise it is a lie and basically crap information.

As for the rest of the dribble thats all it is just DRIBBLE!!

mangi PNG

acting white

No score for this post
April 28 2010, 11:28 AM 

you black kan or man or whatever stap lo North queenlands noken come back lo PNG
you come bai mi pla sutim ass blo you

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to NQ Board