This is a PNGSCAPE site

The PNG North Queensland Board - for Papua New Guineans and friends of PNG to post announcements, discuss issues, ask questions or just say hi!!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to NQ Board  

Australian Visa process in Port Moresby.

December 8 2011 at 9:16 PM
No score for this post
Angry PNG Merri 

Any one experience difficulties sponsoring their friends or family to visit three months visa to Ausralia. I certainly did. It costing me and family the cost of seeing the doctors @ K400 per person for three of them. Again for xray anther lot of visit to doctor for the one affected wth TB extra cost of @ K400.00 The visa for three two adult and a child @ K300.00 per person. The process of going from vllage to Port Moresby is so frustrating. The total cost K5,000 before coming to Australia, its unbelieve. They should explain the process to people so that they can understand, luck of communcation between Australian Visa officers to people and how long it will take to achieve all the things before purchasing ticket etc etc.

If anyone has same issues or any other comments please share your information for those who mght want to travel in future.

Cheers

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doooooood

Re: Australian Visa process in Port Moresby.

No score for this post
December 9 2011, 8:31 PM 

Well this is normal proceedure. You mentioned a traveller with TB well they need to be screened so that they dont bring/spread the disease to Australia.

Bringing someone from the village is your choice and therefore your cost, as with the medical checks and visa. Comparing the two currencies you have got a great deal actually although you could get cheaper airfares if you booked further in advace.

You could of saved yourself alot of frustration if you got all your information off of the Dept Immigration website and visited an Immigration Officer in Australia to guide you through the process. Also next time prepare all documentation/visa/medical etc etc, in Oz then send to Png via DHL or TNT this will save you lots of time

Angry PNG Mrre

No score for this post
December 11 2011, 6:06 PM 

Thank you for that information Doooooooo. I think I'll do that in future.

Many thanks again.

Australia visa

No score for this post
November 16 2012, 10:20 PM 

Luluai,ogeta bel nogut go pinis now, kichim ausie visa long airport tasol.ol sanim samting yia pinis dispela mun tasol.kasens na uncles like kam lukim yu,kichim ausie visa long airport .thank you God.

No score for this post
December 12 2011, 11:17 AM 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/austpngvisapolicy/

Have a look at our page, hundreds of people just like yourself are affected.

warlo

No score for this post
December 21 2011, 7:39 AM 

All this strongly suggests to me that instead of us continuing to pamuk ourselves to Australia, often working there and paying our tax monies to the Australian government, its time to let the Aussie government know loud and clear that if they treat us with contempt, we don't need them, will back our backs and go back home to PNG.

What do you folks say, is it a plan?

Anonymous

No score for this post
December 22 2011, 3:27 PM 

yeah look the problem really is that Hanubada woman working at the front office in the High Comm, her name is Kila, she favours the hanubadas, and plays games with others from elswhere in PNG, she says get some document, then you come back to her with that document, and then she sends you off to get another document, she should just tell people what they need from the start, it takes so much longer if you are not a hanubada to get a visitor visa

everybody should make a complaint about that Kila woman working in the High comm

frustrated as well

No score for this post
December 25 2011, 10:05 PM 

Oh; small brain sequence. They get angry when you ask them if there are more info documents required.

Sponsor has to provide;
1. Letter of invitation that you are solely responsible for kaikai, busfare and ples blo slip olsem.
2. Australian Bank Statement (latest) or latest PNG Balance (positive).
3. Properly filled form (you should fill them if they are village people).
4. If a the applicants had TB, get to TB clinic at PMGH or any hospital and re screen with Xray. If all is clear, do not even mention that family had TB.

It should take short time minus Kila from Hanuabada.

rosi

re- Frustrated as well.

No score for this post
February 1 2013, 10:29 PM 

How can u so frustrated.Because we don't pay you with thousands of kina like your wantoks are doing.You accept their thousands of bribe money so you can give them visa to go to Australia.Like wan work blg u Rebbecca from speak accept k5000.00 from one lady;Rebbecca gave her PR visa but the lady over stayed in Brisbane and Australian gov sent her back to png.Yupela ol meri wok lng visa section, ol white australians putim kok blg ol go insait lng ear, eye na mouse blg upla.U are ol full of jealous and envy.Ypela bai kichim bagarap bekos mi cursim upela now.Why my mam was waiting for her australia visa for 3 solid yrs to go and visit her son but where is she now? Sadly she is died of malaria and she is in the world of death instead of australia. Upela ol bikpeal HOLE i happy now? I wish this is ur mam and then Ill see how u feel.

Current Topic - Australian Visa process in Port Moresby.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to NQ Board