Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
 Return to Index  

I like to feel my hair

March 30 2011 at 1:18 PM

Jules  (Login CrowningGlory)

Response to Hair as a security blanket

against my skin although I'm not one for touching it throughout the day. I will sometimes smooth a hand over an updo and enjoy the feeling of soft hair beneath my hand and I have been known to fiddle with the hairs at the nape especially now that they're curly from using shampoo bars.

I second the shorter layers around the face, or else, taking a curl or two at the front either side of your part and cutting them shorter so that they frame your face for updos (a bit like shorter layers but you're working with your hair type rather than against it). That can be very feminine and alluring.

Frenchbraid-1-1.jpgmedFlexi8ropebraidup-1.jpghair-2-1-1.jpgfrenchtwist.jpgbraid.jpgbun2-1.jpg

DSCF0030_edited-1-1.jpg6th_December2006-1-2-1-1.jpgDSCF0110-2-1.jpgDSCF0007-1.jpgDSCF2367-2.jpgtailbone.jpgHairSept-1-1.jpghairaftercut-1-1.jpg
9July2009.jpgPhotobuckethair-1.jpg

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal 41.5"/105.5cm (Classic length)

Current routine: Scalp wash every second day using shampoo bars from Beauty and the Bee. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water). Once a week use shampoo bar on length as well as scalp. Daily oiling with almond oil.
Other: S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Respond to this message   
Responses

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!