Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
 Return to Index  

HI GUYS! Long time no see.

August 25 2011 at 10:51 AM

Shelly  (Login lady_shelly1)

Wow! It's good to be back. It's nice to see a few old friends and a few new ones as well. For those of you that don't know me yet, it nice to meet you. For the rest of you, it's good to see you again.

My hair is doing great. It is now 38" long and as healthy as ever. My routine has changed quite a bit due to the changes in my life. Now my routine is as follows:

I CWC once maybe twice weekly. I pampered it once weekly with a hot oil treatment and 2 deep conditioning treatments. In more detail:

If I wash it twice in one week, I will CWC usually on Tuesday or Wednesday while taking a shower while bending over at the waist with my hair in front. Then every Thursday or Friday I will heavily oil and let it stay in there until Saturday. Every Saturday, before washing the oil out, I will put a shower cap over my heavily oiled hair and sit with a heating pad over it for about 10 to 20 minutes making sure the whole head gets the heat for a wonderful hot oil treatment. Once I'm done with that I'll go in the kitchen, bend over at the waist, and comb my hair in front making sure there are no tangles. Once it is good and detangled I will put my normal conditioner throughout my hair. After I get the conditioner throughout, I will apply shampoo to my scalp only. During all that, the water doesn't touch my hair. After I get my scalp good and shampooed I rinse it all out all at once. Then I condition it with my normal conditioner again and rinse that out. After that I will apply the first of the 2 deep conditioning treatments, put the shower cap on, and sit under the heating pad for about 10 to 20 minutes. After the time is up I rinse that out and apply the second of the deep conditioning treatments, put the shower cap back on, and sit under the heating pad for 20 to 30 minutes. I rinse that time with the coldest water my head can possibly tolerate to close the shafts and have that wonderful shine.

That pretty much does it for my routine. I do keep it in a bun or something most of the time.

It's good to see you all and I'll be here a lot more often. I'll get updated pics posted as soon as I can.

Shelly
3aFi/ii
25.25/38/????

Respond to this message   
Responses

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!