Jen, I have a feeling this will be a very interesting thread. It will also be useful to have current hair routines in one place. Okay, I'll stop the chatting and answer the questions 1. How often do you wash?
This is a trick question for me
As my routine is pretty much waterless, I'll say not often. My scalp is No Water/Sebum Only, and nowadays my length is also on NW/SO. I used to wash my length during my transition phase, but not so now. Although, every few months, if I feel sweaty, sticky and the like I wash my hair. Then I use just a some diluted shampoo and a lemon rinse afterward.
2. If you use oils, which ones do you use, how often do you use them, and how do you use them?
I use coconut oil, primarily for my ends. If they feel dry, I just dab some on the ends, and they will soak it up. If my scalp feels dry, perchance, I will massage some coconut oil there too. I generally don't use much oil, just to get a light sheen on my palms. That's crucial for me, because I'm on a waterless routine. I have put a sufficient amount of oil, but not too much, for my hair won't absorb it all.
3. Do you clarify your hair? If so, how often and what do you use?
I used to clarify my hair when I was on CWC. I used to clarify with my usual shampoo, whenever I felt my hair becoming unmanageable.
4. How often do you trim?
According to my trimming log, I trim roughly every two months. I'm trying to thicken up my hemline.
5. Who do you have trim your hair?
I trim it myself, using Feye's self trim method.
6. Do you use a brush, comb or both?
Both! I use combs to detangle my hair, and I'm a fan of the BBB. Brushing is instrumental in my routine, so it's kinda understandable that I like it so.
7. Do you deep condition? If so, how often and what do you use?
No I don't
My natural oils do that for me.
8. What are your favorite products?
Since I'm quite product free, I can't answer that. Though I could consider my standard shampoo (Alverde Birke-Salbei) as a favorite, because I use it when the occasion calls.
I hope I covered everything
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny