Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
 Return to Index  

I think I read somewhere

May 9 2012 at 12:06 AM

Jules  (Login CrowningGlory)

Response to So is this really true??

that it is just an old wives tale. The problem is, for those of us going grey, it seems all too true. My hair has a funny habit of growing in grey and by the time it reaches my bun, reverting to my original colour. So I have a lot of grey around my face - especially when my hair is pulled back - but none in my bun. It looks as if I'm forever growing out chemical colour and never making any progress.

Frenchbraid-1-1.jpgmedFlexi8ropebraidup-1.jpghair-2-1-1.jpgfrenchtwist.jpgbraid.jpgbun2-1.jpg

DSCF0030_edited-1-1.jpg6th_December2006-1-2-1-1.jpgDSCF0110-2-1.jpgDSCF0007-1.jpgDSCF2367-2.jpgtailbone.jpgHairSept-1-1.jpghairaftercut-1-1.jpg
9July2009.jpgPhotobuckethair-1.jpg

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Respond to this message   

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!