Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
 Return to Index  

Yep

May 10 2012 at 4:02 AM

Jules  (Login CrowningGlory)

Response to Lol!

Mine are wiry and behave vastly different to the rest of my hair. Whereas hair around my face has always been straight (the wave starts much lower down), the grey now decides to go ultra wavy and I end up with weird things happening. Second-day hair is slowly becoming a nightmare for me as those grey hairs seem to pop out overnight and refuse to lie flat. That's one reason why I use gel on an almost daily basis - to tame it all down and to keep the illusion (for myself at least) that my hair is still smooth and well-behaved.

Frenchbraid-1-1.jpgmedFlexi8ropebraidup-1.jpghair-2-1-1.jpgfrenchtwist.jpgbraid.jpgbun2-1.jpg

DSCF0030_edited-1-1.jpg6th_December2006-1-2-1-1.jpgDSCF0110-2-1.jpgDSCF0007-1.jpgDSCF2367-2.jpgtailbone.jpgHairSept-1-1.jpghairaftercut-1-1.jpg
9July2009.jpgPhotobuckethair-1.jpg

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 1 to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). Full wash once a week using A'kin conditioner or an egg wash to cleanse the length and shampoo bars or A'kin shampoo on the scalp.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; regular micro-trims; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Oh yes - Jen on May 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
  •  

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!