Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
 Return to Index  

I'm New!

August 6 2012 at 3:43 PM

ElanorNiphredil  (Login ElanorNiphredil)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board and I just wanted to say hello. I guess I will tell you a little of my hair history, and how I found you all.

For the majority of my life I had short hair, and I am talking chin length or shorter. That changed when I got to college and wanted to be able to toss my hair up in a ponytail to study. I have been growing my hair out haphazardly since I was about 20 (I just turned 27 in July), but I was never really consistent about it. I would grow it to bra strap length, then chop it to chin length. I have always had a love/hate affair with the scissors, and my hair has paid the price. My current length, 29 inches, is the longest it has ever been.

The problem I have found with my hair is that it is so thick I get frustrated with it easily, hence the cutting. When it is long too, it is hard to care for. I have always been bad about hair care, so I used lots of heat and blew it dry when I could. Because of the thickness of my hair, this often took forever, compounding my frustration and making me want to cut it. At its current length, I often let my hair air dry because I couldn't be bothered to blow it dry, and it has responded positively.

I have learned to love buns and braids and they are probably the only reason I haven't cut it. Truly, I don't want to cut it but the heaviness of it and the way the ends are after a certain length have always been problems. After reading many posts and tips on this site, I realize now that I am completely to blame for that. Recently, I did a search and destroy on my ends and I was horrified by how many of them were split and preparing to split. It was easy to see then that I needed help.

I can't wait to try some of the recipes I have seen here, and hopefully my hair will stay in such good condition that I end my affair with the scissors for good!

~~ElanorNiphredil

-:¦:-:*'""*:.-:¦:-* *-:¦:-:*'''''*:-:¦:--:¦:-:*'""*:.-:¦:-* *-:¦:-:*'''''*:-:¦:-
[linked image]

2cMiii, 29/36

Respond to this message   
Responses

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!