Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I tried scalp massage this morning...
    • Inch by Inch (Login InchbyInch)
      Posted Sep 28, 2011 6:49 PM

and I lost a lot of hair while washing afterward. Sigh. Oh, well. I think my scalp needs increased circulation...and I want my hair to grow! Like you, my hair is thin (1.5" ponytail). It got thicker a couple of years ago when I started eating healthfully, but then the added post-adoption stress made me lose a lot more, so I'm back to not much hair. Recently, I haven't lost as much with each shower, so I am encouraged. But today...I may need to do something differently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      [linked image]
      June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]
      October 2008 (21"); April 2011 (~22.5") BEFORE; April 2011 (~16") AFTER -- now need new pics!

2C-3B/N/i (1.5")
      16"/18.5"/26" (BSL)
      bangs down to nose tip
      brown with grays, thinking about henna/indigo
      43 years old

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]

wash 2x a week with Chagrin Valley shampoo bars / AO honeysuckle rose conditioner / ACV-and-water/infusion rinse
      EVCO overnight or for 30 minutes on scalp and ends before washing 1x a week
      starting scalp massages
      trying extremely light EVCO oiling for flighty canopy when needed
      wooden comb, air drying, some scrunching, not much fussing, no products, no brushing, finger combing between washes

battling autoimmune hypothyroidism and the major shedding it has caused for the last five years or so
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!