Please visit The Loom's Sticks and Stones Hairsticks page! The best place for totally custom sticks!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Cassia Obavata and Coconut Milk

December 7 2008 at 4:07 PM
Jerimi  (Login laughingstorm)

Well, I gave it a try this morning. I mixed 100 grams Cassia Obavata with lemon juice last night, just enough to make a thick paste. Then this morning I mixed a can of coconut milk into it. I liked how easily it went into my hair, but boy was it drippy! I'll have to remember to use less coconut milk or more cassia, next time. happy.gif I left it on my hair for about 3 hours, and just finished rinsing it out with shampoo and conditioner.

Now I'm just waiting for my hair to dry so I can see the results. Usually I just mix the cassia with lemon juice. I hope it works - it was so easy to do.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Faye
(Login Butterflyfae)

Hmmmmm...

December 7 2008, 7:13 PM 

I've considered using cassia a number of times. Haven't yet because I'm edgy about doing anythign to my own hair - please let me know how it turns out.

24 Years old.
Type: 2c/3aNii

Starting Length: 34" in Summer 2008
Sept 2008 hair cut - 29"
Goal: Waistlength - 32 to 34 inches, thick and healthy.

Current Care:
Nature Gate Shampoo w/ Rosemary EO every 2-3 days followed by Tresemme Moisture conditioner. Final rinse with weak Lemon juice/Water mix.

Finish with Aloe Vera/jojoba glossing gel.

ACV rinse once per week.
Jojoba oil/Lavender EO 2-3 inches of ends every night.

NO COMBING!

Respond to this message   

Maria
(Login maria_asa)

Re: Cassia Obavata and Coconut Milk

December 8 2008, 3:07 AM 

I hope it turns out well. I did my own hair with cassia (mixed with coconut milk) this weekend. Questions though; Why do you mix the cassia with lemon juice, isn't that drying? Why do you leave it overnight before you use it? From what I've read the only reason to leave cassia before you use it is to get more colour from it, is that why you do it?

[linked image] [linked image] cross made of my own and my mothers hair

1a/bFi/ii

16/38/38

Routine:
Daily scalp wash with CV bars followed by ACV since.
Treatment with coconut oil, aloe vera gel and deep conditioner once or twice per week.
Oiling with coconut oil when needed.

Horn combs and BBB brush.

Respond to this message   
Jerimi
(Login laughingstorm)

Re: Cassia Obavata and Coconut Milk

December 10 2008, 7:59 PM 

I have grey hairs here and there. happy.gif Most of the women on my side of the family are redheads (and so am I), so the grey stands out more than I would like. I like to use cassia to turn it into strawberry blonde highlights, so I let the cassia sit overnight to get better color out of it. I use the lemon juice to "activiate" the cassia the same way I would use it to activate henna. Does cassia not work the same way? I could be doing an extra step I don't need, if so.

I didn't get coverage as good as when I don't use the coconut milk, but it made my hair so soft I almost don't mind. happy.gif

[linked image]
Growing my hair out after chopping it off.
Fia's Hairtyping System
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)
N - Normal. Strands are neither fine nor coarse.
ii - normal volume

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Special thanks to: Background Labs for our background!