Home > Discussion Groups > In Focus

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=235270&messageid=1113823287
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What is the...

October 29 2011 at 12:28 PM
  (Login tankerdog)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 216.228.172.164

Software that allows you to down load a photo to your computer when you take the shot without pulling the card? I can see it's extremely helpful to leave the camera on the tripod and be able to see the photo just taken without handling, or moving, the camera.

Thanks in advance,

Kent

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login viper29_ca)
Missing-Lynx members

I could be wrong.....

October 29 2011, 8:34 PM 

But I think it is also a piece of hardware that attaches to you computer (assuming you don't mean tethering your camera to your PC), as there has to be something to transmit the photo from the camera to the PC.

Last I checked they weren't cheap either.

Respond to this message   
John Murcutt
(Login jlmurc)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: What is the...

July 12 2012, 12:51 PM 

Hi Kent,

I had this facility on my previous Fuji camera, with the facility used with RAW format pictures. The process involved using the Fujifilm Hyper-Utility Software and my camera connected via Firewire to my laptop or PC. One great advantage was that I could see the image through the camera on my laptop screen and fire the camera using the keyboard.

You will need to do some research on camera manufacturers and the facilities they offer.

Regards,

John

Respond to this message   

(Login brian638)
Missing-Lynx members

USB?

July 15 2012, 3:25 AM 

Hi Kent,

You should be able to tether the camera via a USB cable, I can't speak for your set-up but when I'm taking pictures my camera lives on it's tripod and I take more photos than I need. I will then pull the card and check the results.

I'm not sure if you can cable the camera to a laptop and instantly preview the result, some manufacturers offer add-ons or accessories that allow wireless/bluetooth connections between devices.

I hope this helps

Brian

First In Last Out - Follow the Sapper!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Respond to this message   

(Login asousa)
Missing-Lynx members

Better late than never....

August 30 2012, 10:58 AM 

Is this it?

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/

I have tried the free version, and works great on ipad or iphone, but you still need a USB cable, to connect the camera to a PC.
Works also as a remote (its most interesting feature)

Cheers
AS

Respond to this message   

(Login mailman7777777)
Missing-Lynx members

Wi-Fi card

December 24 2012, 2:19 PM 

There's a WI-FI card that you use just like your normal card. It sends the photo to your computer.
I can't remember the brand.

Owen

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What is the...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse