Return to Index  

My Z24 is SICK

October 19 2003 at 3:01 PM
Darren  (Login Z24Convertible)

Okay i been having some trouble with my Z24. Not sure what the problem is anymore. Here is the sequence of steps leading up to what is now my Z24 not running..
In the beginging all that was happing was losing power, stalling at stop lights and also stalling while driving.But it would start right away after, like nothing happened. After a bit it began to get hadder to start. It would take a min or two untell it started. Then out of no where, it began to run really rough, but only when i drove it for about two mins or so. Basicly untell it warmed up is when it would start running rough.
Then on day while driving, it started jerking and sputtering, and then it stalled, and wouldn't start again for about an hour after. After this i did some work on it. First i checked for any codes and none showed up. I changed the fuel filter, cut my cat. converter out, and replaced with a stright pipe, also i changed my alternator and i changed my O2 sensor. When i was done, my car stared and i drove it for about 5 - 10 min, it lacked power, then it stalled again, and this time not starting at all.
Since then i have changed my coil packs, my ICA valve, my TPS sensor, and took off my plenum and cleaned it.
I have tried starting it, but she won't turn over, or if she does it won't run, it will stall about 1000 rpms. There is also a strong smell of gas when trying to start.
if any ideas. Please help...
i was thinking my fuel pump but i checked that and it works. This are the things i was thinking it might be....fuel regulator, fuel injectors, crankshaft posistion sensor, spark plugs, timing chain, EGR valve, or my module. Well things like that. i am just not too sure on where to go next, and was hoping on some advice before i spent anymore money.
thanx

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. sorry - Darren on Oct 19, 3:49 PM
  3. i think i know your problem - trevor on Nov 24, 10:05 AM
    1. stallin - nick on Oct 15, 1:46 PM

4. them ****ing ignition modules - Tony on Jun 10, 2:16 AM
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement