Return to Index  

Well...

June 27 2003 at 10:51 AM
pterrok  (Login pterrok)
from IP address 198.70.232.42

Response to Interesting that you mention that...

...I feel that Sirian is probably right in that if you want to compare a single game played in a tournament, early conquest is still going to be the way to go. Us peaceful expanders will get there in the end, but the end might be 80-100 turns later!

In my game the big factor was that I had a Magnate race right from the get go, so I didn't feel the need to conquer someone else just to counter the Silicoids slow growth rate. But actually, I don't think the magnate grew much at all, thinking back on it, because the other reason I didn't want to conquer someone was so I wouldn't have to deal with growing food as well as getting my minerals. And it seems like very little food was needed in the early game for my Magnate. Hmmmm. Late in the game all the biotech advances mean the worlds I take over can feed themselves.

In any event, it's certainly more enjoyable now post patch! And they are going to officially slow the tech pace 33% in the next patch!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Disagree... - Ozymandous on Jun 27, 1:28 PM
    1. Why MOO1 Was Different - Sirian on Jun 27, 8:47 PM
      1. Ah, I see. - Ozymandous on Jun 28, 9:22 AM

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..