Tsalagi Think Tank
Council Recap Page
Real Cherokee FB
David C Facebook

BLOODS, BREEDS AND BROTHERS

October 31 2011 at 4:03 PM
Sylvia Nery Strickland  (no login)

Response to A wannabe...

I'm sure you are thrilled that I responded to you so you could have the opportunity to state your views. I should have known better, but I was interested in your remark about "last time I had contact with Sylvia Nery-Strickland..." To my knowledge, prior to "this" contact, we've never met, talked, or corresponded.

To answer the question about Michael Cloud-Butler, check with Lac Courte Orielles Reservation, Butler family.

As for me, by your explanation of "Cherokee", I have not to date tried to find my "Cherokee-Legal-Trail".

As for my Cheroenhaka heritage, I didn't "buy" the State Recognized card, but I do possess one.

I will be 66 years old soon. I'm a mother, a grandmother, served my Country via the US Gov't and have worked in human rights most of my adult life. I feel that you have derived some pleasure with your attempts to denigrate and discredit me.

My question to you is, what would you have your fellow brothers of Cherokee descent call themselves if they are not "Legal Cherokee" via the Dawes Rolls, be they full-bloods or breeds, like John Ross who was 1/16th Indian? They are still your brothers. Since you are seemingly the authoritative voice of the Cherokee Nations, and I assume respected leader, I would have to also assume one of such great standing and moral values would not turn his back to his brother.

I would also hope you would offer those "Non-Legal" Cherokee brothers, assistance in their genealogical quest to become "Legal".

My assumption is you will always have the last word, so I leave you with this final post and thank you for the lessons I've learned from you; the true definition of Cherokee by Cherokee law and most importantly, to never respond to anyone using the term "wannabe".

I will continue to honor all my heritages and those who came before me.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Links To Other Places
Sequoyah Times
Muskogee Phoenix
Daily Oklahoman
Tulsa Channel 2
The Tahlequah Press
Perchanga Blog Spot

freedmen5tribes
Tulsa Channel 6
Keetoowah Band
Freedmen Board
Tulsa World News