The Hockey Bandits.... K.Y.S.O.T.I.

A new place for the Fox hockey bandits. 
We post NHL hockey and have FUN!

This forum is dedicated in memory of our 
good friend and fellow bandit
Wayne "FISH" Fisher

Keep Your Stick On The Ice

Be sure to visit these Bandit Pages and Message Boards!
[In Memory of Wayne "Fish" Fisher]  [The Bandit Page with lots of Bandit Info]
[Jug's Hockey Bandits Message Board] [Kasper's Hockey Kave]
[The Hockey Tavern] [New FOX Hockey Board]

How embarassing

by smike

Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, the Sabres show up with a terrible effort, beat by the worst team in the freaking league. Ugh, Crap on a Stick part 65. Today, brothers and sisters, I am embarrased to say that I am a Sabrefan. How humiliating. Ugh!!!!!

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 1:13 PM
from IP address 209.5.58.70

Respond to this message

Back to Board

As I said earlier.....

by Kent

And I'm REALLY sorry for repeating myself. (Mr.A) Trade Hasek for a pure goal scorer and a handful of draft picks. Satan WON'T lead this team anywhere. Especially into the corners. He never goes there. Dealing Hasek loosens up alot of Cabbage to sign free agents in the off season too.

No finals this year Smike...face it. Don't be embarrased to be a Sabre fan though.

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 3:29 PM
from IP address 24.64.3.91

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I agree...

by Mr. A

Don't be embarrassed to be a Sabres fan!!
That's your team, Smike and that's that!!

D'ya think Buffalo WILL make moves BTW??

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 9:33 PM
from IP address 206.186.41.53

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Okay you Penguin girls........

by Kent

whats the score gonna be tonite?

The "No Jagr" excuse will be accepted by me. But you can only use it ONCE! The Barrasso excuse can be used at free will....if he's in net.

In return.....I can use the excuse about our second line. There are better second lines in most rap songs.

I'm a little quezy about the fact the Oilers have had a long lay-off. Coupled with the fact Pitt just came off a thumping, will probably be fired up and raring to go. The Oilers have spotted 2 goal leads in the 1st period in their last 4 games.

Should be an interesting game. 2 fast teams that don't use the trap.

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 7:10 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

My prediction for tonight's game...

by Peggy

Jagr's still going to be out which will hurt us big time!

I am hoping that Barrasso hasn't been able to join the team and is waiting for them to return to Pittsburgh...

I think since Aubin did so bad in the last game he is going to do 100% better tonight... will 100% better give us the win?

I think it's going to be close... I would say the final score tonight will be 3-2

And if I were a betting woman, I'd have to put my money on the Penguins

So what was your final score and winning team pick, Kent?

Peggy
Go Pens!

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 8:09 AM
from IP address 205.238.202.83

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I think it will be....

by Kent

4-2 Edmonton...........4th goal being an empty netter.

6-2 if Barrasso is in....lol

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Kent, ole sock....

by Mr. A

I hope you didn't buy any Pro Line tickets!!

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Well... Let's see...

by

Since I like the Oilers (sure, I don't really follow them, but I like them) I'm gonna say it'll be a tie... lol Nah, really, I'm thinking the Oilers will win, but I'm hoping for tie or that the Pens win haha Not sure what the score'll be but I'm thinking Edmonton is gonna smush the Pens...

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 4:03 PM
from IP address 209.186.212.31

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Here's a new subject for you....

by Peggy

Those Canadian teams are pissing me off...

Monday night we tied Ottawa 1-1

Tonight Calgary is kicking our @sses big time

Our next 3 games are against Canadian teams... and I just want to get one thing straight with these Canadian teams...

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Peggy
Go Pens!!!!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:16 PM
from IP address 199.224.73.228

Respond to this message

Back to Board

BAD game...

by

Holy poo what was up with THAT game!?!? Yipes yipes yipes is all I can say to that...

They had best win on Saturday... It's getting frustrating cheering for a team which rarely wins... lol For once I'm actually thinking "we really need Jagr back..."

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:45 PM
from IP address 209.186.134.166

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Jagr = Kent

by Mr. A

You know if Jagr gets back....sorry, WHEN!!...
Kent's gonna start saying ALLLLLL over again,
"I'm not condoning what McSorley did"....ooops,
I mean, "that finger kissing is SO gay"....!!!

Sorry...I simply "Kent" resist!!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 9:37 PM
from IP address 206.186.127.87

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Hey funny guy

by Kent

I'm sorry for recycling. I mentioned it two times (both things). Somebody's gotta type something on this board. I guess repeating it made this board seem 20% bigger to me at the time.......I think it worked.

By the way.......did you know that you can put web site addresses on here with a line under it? Then when people like......us.......who want to read a column or go to a page, can click on it and BOOM..........it appears!

Sorry...I simply "Kent" resist?? (were you a writer on Seinfeld?)

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 6:57 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Yep, I knew that....

by Funny Guy

So there!
Tho I must admit, I didn't know when I do that,
it goes BOOM....innaresting....
But I thot it'd be quicker just to put the column
in, doncha know?

Posted on Mar 4, 2000, 9:29 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

frustrating cheering for a team which rarely wins?

by Kent

We have been doing that for bout 7 years now......lol

Makes win seem more precious. Thats why I'm so cocky about my Oilers right now. Gotta git it while you can.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 10:44 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Thats not good for an Oiler fan....

by Kent

Usually teams that get blown out are very strong and determined in the following game. That would be me Oil. The Pens have 3 days to stew over it now..........sheeeeesh.

Not to mention your Pens helped relight the "flame" of confidence that lives down HWY #2 south of us. They really needed a BIG win like that. Thanks......lol.

Look for a determined Penguins team against an unusually confident Oiler club. Two quick teams should make for a good game.

If we win 2-1 and Barnaby gets the Penguin goal.....it will seem like a loss for me. I'm looking forward to a typical Barnaby game on Sat. 12 penalty mins. Couple dives. Mouthing off. The whole package. He's actually fun not to like. I'm looking forward to it.

I like Kasperaitus. How much does he make? He has "Oiler defenceman" written all over him. Alot like Jason Smith.....but dirtier. If you don't know who Jason Smith is......you will by Sunday.....lol.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 11:05 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I think it'll be a good game saturday, can't wait! eom

by

Aleksey Aleksey Aleksey... hehehe

Posted on Mar 2, 2000, 3:22 AM
from IP address 209.186.134.136

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Don't even think about taking Kasper....

by Peggy

and haven't you heard.... Barnaby is turning over a new leaf... hate to disappoint you... the article said Matthew Barnaby says by next year he'll be doing his talking with his stick, not his fists. And no, he doesn't plan to use it as a weapon.

So I guess you're in luck... Barnaby is going to wait till next year to change and you'll get to see him in full action tonight...

And remember... KEEP YOUR HANDS OF KASPER, he's ours!

Peggy

Posted on Mar 2, 2000, 4:54 AM
from IP address 199.224.98.181

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Peg. Sorry to hear about whats happened in the Burg

by Kent

Those familys must be going through alot of pain right now. I imagine it gets scarry that close to home. Come to think of hit if i remember, you don't live there, but are close by. Scary nonetheless.

Glad he didn't shoot himself. Like to see him live with it and get sentenced! Whats this world coming to? Grade 1 shootings too.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 1:44 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Scary stuff 'round here...

by

I came home from school late today (rehearsals and stuff... I'm never home on time) and I went to sit at the computer and low and behold there's some "special report" on TV and I asked my mom what happened. Scary scary scary...

Lately it seems that violence (I mean major stuff like what happened this afternoon) has become a lot more prevalent, both in sports, school, and everywhere. Why, just before Christmas there was a kid in my class that supposedly had a hit list of 200+ people... And then, of course, the Mcsorely incident in sports... It's all starting to get a little too freaky for me... There are a ton of good people around, but it's always the bad stuff that gets publicized.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 6:08 PM
from IP address 209.186.134.195

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Don't go lumping McSorley in with a Mass murderer..

by Kent

.....good greif. This McSorely thing sure is getting dramatic. People on other forums can't talk about the day to day things without throwing in a McSorleyism in there at the end too. Sad thing is I think it will get more publicity overall nationwide than the severe incident in Pitt today. Thats just not fair. Lives have been lost.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 6:47 PM
from IP address 24.64.3.104

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I'm not saying he's a murderer or anything...

by

I'm just saying that stuff is getting really violent and screwy lately... I mean, I'm sure he's a nice guy for real and all... And he made a mistake and he didn't do it just so he could whack a guy in the head, I know that you have to be messed up bigtime just to go up to someone and crack him upside the head for no reason... But it just seems so weird... Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:42 PM
from IP address 209.186.134.195

Respond to this message

Back to Board

No need to be sorry P.Q. had a bug up my butt today...eom

by Kent

sorry

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 10:39 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Oh yea... so sad... although...

by Peggy

PQ lives closer to the burg than I do...

I'm still in shock about the little 6 year old girl shot in Michigan... that is so sad...

And... all of this has NOTHING to do with McSorely

Peggy

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:05 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

The Shame of Hockey

by Mr. A

This is Allen Fotheringham's column, March 1, 2000--

In all the fuss over Marty McSorley, the most remarkable thing is being
overlooked.

The Vancouver police are "investigating" the incident, trying to decide
whether or not to lay charges. How many weeks does it take to
"investigate" the televised scene of one man clubbing another man over the
head with a large wooden stick?

Even the general manager of the Vancouver Canucks, whose Donald Brashear was the
victim of McSorley's attack, wishes the police would stay out of it and let hockey "take
care of its own."

Hockey, of course, doesn't care about its own. There's ample evidence of that - one
spectacular example coming the night of March 22, 1979, in Queen's Park Arena in New
Westminster, Vancouver's sister city.

It was the final regular season game in junior hockey for the New Westminster Bruins and
the Portland Winter Hawks - a meaningless game since both teams had made the playoffs
and the Bruins had clearly lost the game 4-1.

There were just four seconds left - akin to the McSorley game - with a faceoff in the
Portland end. Punch McLean, coach and co-owner of the Bruins, put on the ice his biggest
goons and benchwarmers playing out of position.

As the puck was dropped, the Bruins shucked their gloves and sticks and attacked the
Winter Hawks. McLean sent his entire team over the boards. Portland coach Ken Hodge
held his team back. That made it 16 Bruins on the ice to five Winter Hawks.

Bruin Boris Fistric, 18, his team's highly penalized "policeman," immediately dropped
Portland's Blake Wesley with a blow to his throat.

Bruins Bill Hobbins, 19, and Rod Roflick, 17, pinned Wesley's arms to let Bruce Howes,
19, smash in his face. When Wesley finally made it to the dressing room, a sportscaster
said he was "almost unrecognizable."

Fistric skated to the Portland bench and slugged coach Hodge full in the face, sending his
glasses flying and causing headaches that lasted for two days.

Howes, at the dropping of the puck, drove Jim Dobson to the ice with a blow to his head.
Terry Kirkham, 20, and Richard Amann, 18, came to assist Howes in the beating.

THREE ON ONE

In the words of a judge who would later try them, "Two of the Bruins would hold
Dobson's arms while a third would hit him in the face and chest area. They would then
switch positions, with one of the three doing the hitting as the other two held Dobson."

In a pitiful scene replayed for TV watchers with strong stomachs, a bloodied Portland
player crawled desperately for his bench, half-conscious, a crippled animal seeking shelter.

The New Westminster captain, John Paul Kelly, skated to the Portland bench, swung his
stick like a scythe and smashed Coach Hodge on the wrist, mashing his wrist watch to
smithereens.

In the dressing room the surviving Portland players were in tears. Their top player, Keith
Brown, thought to be the best-skating junior defenceman since Bobby Orr, was kept off
the ice late in the game because of the obvious McLean tactic to cripple him for the
playoffs.

Portland's second-best player, Perry Turnbull, was wiped out in the second period when
Fistric high-sticked him and Turnbull swallowed his tongue. There were 191 penalty
minutes handed out in the game, 156 of them to the Bruins.

SUCCESSIVE CUPS

This was the team that had just won two successive Memorial Cups for McLean, who
once was suspended for 25 games for slugging a referee skating past his bench.

When the previous year his Bruins, as Canadian champions, were sent to Finland for the
World Junior Championships, Ottawa was so nervous that sports minister Iona
Campagnolo had External Affairs types give the team briefings and, still fearful, had Bobby
Hull deliver a lecture on conduct abroad.

Seven of the Bruins in the gang-beating were charged in B.C. provincial court and, goofily,
were given conditional discharges.

Judge J.K. Shaw, while banning them from hockey until Dec. 1, concluded: "These young
men are manipulated - apparently happily - by the owners and coaches to do exactly what
they are told."

Typically, Fistric and Kelly, were the two Bruins selected in the NHL draft. At a recess
during the trial, a smirking Boris Fistric proudly signed autographs for admiring youngsters.

That's the way hockey takes care of its own.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 9:07 AM
from IP address 198.103.153.3

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Isolated incidents.....

by Kent

This McSorely thing is getting really old. The good out of it? Tighten your chin straps. Show more respect to other players. Hopefully the league will take measure to stop the taunting and showboating.........like in football.

Brash constantly flex's in front of players benches....ALWAYS! At times Laraque has challenged him to a fight after the Flexing and he backs down. Whenever he does go with Laraque, he clutches him and plays dance partner. Even when he has clearly lost a fight he showboats. Or even when he hasn't fought and the opposing team has no chance of coming back in the game. It's as predictable as Jagr gay little salute. I don't think any of that is good sportsmanship. I think refs should impose penalties for this behaivor. I DON'T think any taunting is a green light for blind-siding someone in the head with the stick though. Please don't get me wrong. All Brashear deserved was a good Whooping.

Ever since the Marty incident people have been dredging up ISOLATED INCIDENTS from the million or so games of any hockey games over the past 30 years. Your story is an exception and I feel the coaching should have been dealt with harshly.

Charging McSorely is ridiculous! All Hockey players know that going in it is a dangerous game. Next there will be charges for elbowing and cross checking.

If Pavel Bure ran up to Tinordi in a bar and elbowed him in the face so hard it knocked him out when he wasn't looking should he be charged? Almost stoped Tinordi from ever working again! Yeah I think he should be charged. Did he get charged by the Police for it when he pulled it in the Playoffs? No he didn't..........and I don't care! It's hockey......and it's alot better than it used to be. How about the Ted Green/Wayne Maki incident?
The Richard Riot. Running around clubbing officials and golf swinging players. THESE measure up to the Marty incident and happened a LOOOOOONNNNNG time ago. That making them "isolated incidents" in a whole truckload of hockey games.

Charging Pro Hockey players for incidents on the ice is wrong.......unless on the scale of the junior game Mr.A dredged up of course. Also those kids were not taking the inherent risks of hockey while collecting millions of dollars for it. I don't think you will ever see something like that in pro hockey. Pro hockey "it seems like only i beleive" is going in a postive direction in protecting its players.

Sheeeeesh...............Maybe if we start charging them this will happen. All the players can skate around the ice with feathers in their helmets. Should somebody ruffle them a polce man can skate on to the ice and hand cuff the players.

Alot of Americans in the league now too. You know how much they like lawsuits....lol. The lawyers could sit behind the penalty box and serve subpoena's over the glass to the players.

I really hope we don't have to talk about Marty for a while now if ever..........is that good enough.....i think so.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 10:33 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

ummm....

by Mr. A

I'M not the author!!!
Just passing along a column!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 11:02 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Oh.........I see now...

by Kent

well........thanks for passing that on.

"The Shame of Hockey"..........whatever. I was sick of all related columns 4 days ago.

I like how Brashear conveniently waited soooo long to comment. Just when the media hype was starting to die off and the columns started talking hockey again.......oh, it's time to comment. Keep those embers glowing Brash.

*I would like to once again say that I do not condone McSorleys actions. Getting sick of saying that too....lol.*

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 1:37 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

However....!!!

by Mr. A

Your message title also tells what part of the
problem is: Isolated IncidentS....plural.

If hockey would deal properly with this kind of
crap, such incidents wouldn't KEEP occurring.

Food for thought.

Oh, yeh....Brashear said one of the things he
has to do in hockey is fight...maybe he DID
suffer some brain damage?!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 3:27 PM
from IP address 206.186.41.63

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Sigh.......will it ever end?.......

by Kent

These incident(s) don't KEEP occuring! Dave Brown about 7 years ago was the last one that comes to my mind. Oh yeah the Suter/Kariya incident a few years back. So lets say every 7200 Nhl games there is an incident.....saying there is about 2372 games a year not counting exibition and playoffs. Sorry thats not enuff for me to start watching lawnbowling.

You obviously feel there is a big problem.....so lets hear your solution!

I wish some other news worthy item would come along so we can FINALLY put this behind us.

Good grief!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 6:39 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I believe Kent that you may have to much time on your hands...

by Peggy

If you have figured out how many games we have a year, and how often one of these incidents happen... you're going to start making all the player paranoid when it gets around game 7189... I suggest you don't let this knowledge out

Peggy

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:13 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

lol......

by Kent

Sometimes I really get on a roll. Making up fir those lost years. Nice to see the extra activity in here lately.

later

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 11:11 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Maybe Pavel Bure's punishment should be...

by Peggy

that he doesn't get Anna Kournikova (see Kasper's post Ugh! No reason to go on)...

that's fair, don't you think Kasper

Peggy

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:02 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Circus on the bench

by Kent

Peg.....I watched the Sens/Pens game the other day. Talk about alot of suits on the bench. There's Patrick, then there's Hlinka, then I see Ed Johnston? Throw in a trainer and an equipment manager too. Why don't they get the goaltending coach to come stand there too. Maybe Mario also.

I'll bet if Badger Bob (god rest his soul) was alive he would be standing there too. What does Ed Johnston do besides open and close the bench door?

Honest I'm not trying to be a smart ass. It's got to be a distraction to the players. And especially to all those coaches. It's funny to watch them trip all over each other back there.

I can't see this set up being beneficial. Too many egos. Likely some differences are going to rise on how the team is run. If I'm a player.......which one do I listen to?

Fill me in.

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 6:29 AM
from IP address 24.64.3.90

Respond to this message

Back to Board

You're just so observant Kent...

by Peggy

Ya know, I hadn't even noticed that we had more than usual for coaches... you see, Meg taught me that it is bad luck to look at the other teams coaches so when they show other benches I turn away... NOT... lol...

I did notice when our new coach from Czech arrived that it looked a little more crowded. Actually I feel bad to say, I'm not really sure why we have so many coaches... I thought EJ took over when we fired the last coach, then Herb Brooks took over, and I never thought about it that EJ stayed... and to be honest I haven't noticed CP on our bench... I'll have to be more observant... I just don't look at the coaches, I just think... get those old ugly guys out of the way and let us see some cute players!!!

Peggy

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:08 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

LOL....sorry I meant Brooks....duh what was I thinking?...eom

by Kent

shucks

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Ugh! No reason to go on!

by Kasper

I just read on the news wire the Anna Kournikova just got engaged to Pavel Bure. Well, lucky him. There go all my hopes and dreams. I like Martina Hingis better anyway. And Pavel's a much better choice than Mark Philla-Useless who she was rumoured to be dating when I was at the Australian Open.

Well, best wishes to Anna and Pavel

Kasper

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 1:57 AM
from IP address 207.214.13.126

Respond to this message

Back to Board

When I saw that the other day I was so mad...

by

Pavel promised me he wasn't going to dump me for tennis player! sniff

lol I wish!

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 1:17 PM
from IP address 209.186.212.146

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Remember you dropped Pavel for Morosov? eom

by dreaming for PQ

eom

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:10 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I heard Anna dropped Pavel for the Kiwi Kasper...

by dreaming for Kasper

Yep, I'm bored and watching Calgary kick our butts is annoying... so I figured I'd do something prosperous and help your dream come true... to bad it wasn't that easy...

So Kasper this is the deal, you need to up your game a little, get into the NHL, become a superstar, and you can pick out which cute tennis player you want

I have it figured out for me to... I need to grow taller, get younger, turn Czech and then get Jagr... lol...

See, now everyone else is going to start cheering for the Penguins just to get me away from this board!

Peggy

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:21 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Sounds like a good idea...

by

When you find out how to get taller, let me know, I could go for that haha BTW, I PROMISE you I'll get those pics from the game mailed soon (I'm working on some stuff to get the $$ to send them)... And maybe I'll send you something else if I can find it (it's a suprise) hehe

Posted on Mar 1, 2000, 8:49 PM
from IP address 209.186.134.166

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Interesting........

by Mr. A

I didn't know this was a FANTASY Hockey board!!

Posted on Mar 2, 2000, 6:46 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

What's the word on Jagr?

by Mr. A

I'm in 29th Position(!!!) in the Belleville
Intelligencer/Trentonian hockey pool!!

So I really GOTTA know!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2000, 8:02 PM
from IP address 206.186.41.161

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I heard he was out of the hospital.

by

Of course, I heard that before and he was still there... But I think it's for real this time.

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 3:33 AM
from IP address 209.186.134.142

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Acording to the Igloo Report....

by Peggy

Jaromir Jagr will not miss the rest of the season as some have speculated. It is now expected that Jagr will only miss an additional two weeks.

The announcers at the game last night though said he was still out indefinetely, I sure hope not! I'm not so pewl concerned, but I'd have to have him lose his point lead because of some cheap shot taken to him in the final seconds of a game.

Peggy

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:31 AM
from IP address 199.224.98.221

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Pittsburgh Tribune has more to say about Jagr's condition...

by Peggy

Penguins captain Jaromir Jagr was expected to be released Monday night from UPMC Montefiore Hospital in Oakland.

Jagr was admitted Wednesday with a blood swelling his left thigh. He had the swelling surgically removed Friday.

There still is no timetable for Jagr's return to the lineup, though Penguins coach Herb Brooks said yesterday that it is "probably a minimum of two weeks."

The Penguins play only two games in the next seven days but then play four in the following six days. General manager Craig Patrick said he expected Jagr to start range-of-motion exercises this week. Jagr suffered a charley horse Feb. 16 in a game against the Buffalo Sabres when Sabres captain Michael Peca drove his knee into Jagr's leg.

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:41 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

A sad day for Tom Barrasso and his family

by

Tom Barrasso's father has been fighting brain cancer for a while and when I got home tonight I was shocked to see that'd he'd passed away. I'm not a big fan of Tommy, but just keep him and his family in your prayers.

Posted on Feb 28, 2000, 6:09 PM
from IP address 209.186.211.19

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Condolences to the Barrasso Family....

by Peggy

I don't care for Tommy either, but this is still very sad for him and his family... I hope the time that they have spent waiting for this to happen helps ease the pain...

and I hope he takes the rest of the season off to grieve...

Peggy

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:28 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Ugh! Somebody shoot me!

by smike

Eleven goals and two days later, the sabres crawl back to barfallo on there bellies, a pathetic effort if ever one was displayed. Holy Crap, what is wrong with the coach of my team, hasek, after returning to brilliance, gets slapped up the head for eleven goals in sixty minutes. Clearly he was off his game, both yesterday and tonight but, oh gee, who the hell is in net????

When will Ruff exploit the beuaty of the sabres goaltending duo, Hasek should have been pulled after the first, three goals down, Biron , when hasek is not on, would have at least kept us in the game.

Cest le vive, congrats to the leafers......

Posted on Feb 26, 2000, 7:15 PM
from IP address 209.5.58.235

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Glad my boys won, Smike...

by Mr. A

But that's the nature of the game.....
Leafs hadn't been wonderful lately, then
all over sudden, they're winning again.

You know your Sabres aren't finished!!
(Just not a great few nights....)

Posted on Feb 26, 2000, 9:01 PM
from IP address 206.186.41.47

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Know what I think Smike....

by Peggy

It's revenge from the hockey gods for Peca's jab at Jagr that went unpunished, don't you wish they'd called something on it now...

I know, I'm a pain, but I couldn't resist adding in my 2 cents:)

Peggy

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:33 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

OUCH!!!

by Kent

Seems Berezin hamstring is pretty seroius. Not only is it unnattached..........It took a chunk of the pelvic bone with it. Yuck.....that had to hurt.....musta kade a ghastly sound!

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 5:41 PM
from IP address 24.64.3.105

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Thrasher time!

by Kent

Hope the Oilers havent counted these 2 points yet. Bucky may have the Thrashers fired up for their first appearance in the Skyreach tonite. Every point is important.

A tie tonite will seem like a defeat.

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 4:02 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Take yer wins while ya can, cause soon as we get a

by hotlanta

goaltender and not a bartender between the pipes, my Thrasher boys are gunna play payback around this league. 5-4 against the 4th string netminder wasn't all that impressive. Another thing, we've lost almost 700 man games to injury. I'm a Habs fan in the playoffs since they have succeeded with even more injuries.

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 6:26 AM
from IP address 209.86.142.234

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Excuses....excuses......

by Kent

I suppose your gonna use the "It's are first year in the league" excuse now? Not good enuff! You guys have Ferraro not us. Should I go on?....Okay I will.........Brunette(actually isn't he blonde?)...........Galanov(looked like Bobby Orr to me on Friday...don't know about you?).........Who's this Sylvestre guy?....14 goals? You have players we never even HEARD of with 14 goals! Get Hasek and go to the Finals.........just don't give up too much of your talent though........lol.

Okay seriously now. I thought they Thrashers were a pretty resilient team on Friday. That was a game where the Oilers woulda folded the tent last year. The Oilers have loads of confidence right now. 17 of a possible 22 points so far in Febuary. Thats .770 hockey. But the Thrashers kept battling back. Salo had to steal the game in the 3rd for the Oilers. I didn't watch the Flames game last night but I would guess the Thrashers were outta gas. They skated pretty good with the Oilers and put alot of pressure on the puck.

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 12:38 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Might I add.....

by Kent

You have the guy with the highest shooting percentage in the league! Brunette! 26.3%. He is NUMBER 1 in that department. That's NUMERO UNO lady! LEADING THE PACK!

Wear it like a purple heart!

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 12:52 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Kent, time for school on my Thrashers...

by ms. landers

I love my team, we have a good crew--not much speed, but guts and lots of go go juice. The big problem has been Damien the Bad Omen. Rhodes was supposed to steal several wins for the boys, but he's just stealin salary since November. This is the costliest "high ankle sprain" I've ever heard of. Who was that Maple Leaf that scored a game winner after being carted off with a broken leg???

Look out for Patrik Stefan next year. He is just recently starting to put on a show. I see him, Hnat Domenichelli, and Sean Donovan as a pretty good line next year. Donovan's been out a month or more with a broken foot.
Hey Kent, rumors have Kelly B. possibly heading back your way for the playoff run. Hope so for Bucky's sake. He's been a great leader.

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 6:30 PM
from IP address 209.86.41.254

Respond to this message

Back to Board

really?

by Kent

Where did you hear that? And for who? if you heard who.

Don't think the Oilers want to make any changes to disrupt things. But Bucky wouldn't be a disruption.........being he was just here.

Almost killed himself trying to hit Guerin. That was sorta scary.

That Stefan is supposed to be really talented.

Posted on Feb 27, 2000, 8:35 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Possibly 4 of 6 Canadian teams in playoffs this year...

by Kent

Habs have turned it around. They could make it in! As for the Flames making it 5 teams in.......I have my doubts.

An Oiler win tonite will put them 5 points ahead of the Av's. We is 3rd in the West right now. Hooda thunk it.

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 3:56 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Habs on fire....7 wins in a row......eom

by Kent

wow

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 3:03 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Scratch that!..2 losses in a row....no goals!.....lol....eom

by Kent

eom

Posted on Feb 28, 2000, 4:52 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Kent

by Enough is enough!

I am sick of not being able to look in the paper without seeing McSorely crap everywhere. All the sports pages on the web have polls and surveys in every spare space of the computer screen.

They (the media) sure have dramatized this alot. I was pretty dramatic myself on my first post about the issue. But I have chilled out. It is not the worst i seen.

Pavel Bure put Tinordi (or was it Churla?)out for a very long time with a vicious blindside elbow in the playoffs. Dave Browns vicious crosscheck was worse. Claude Lemeiux on Kris draper was nothing to sniff at either.

If any thing good came out, its the thing about chin straps. Maybe they could address some of the showboating too! Like Brashears muscle flexing in front of the bench. He ALWAYS does that. Even when he loses.....which makes it even more maddening.

I also HATE Jagr taking off his glove and kissing his fingers like that. GOD that looks SO stupid! I don't it find to classy myself. Makes me want to slap his fat little face!!!! Modano publicly voiced his opinion too. He thinks it shows a lack of respect. He also said "Geez, you think the guy would get sick of doing that". No kidding. He looks like such an idiot. You think Mario would take him aside and say "Hey Jammie......that looks REALLY gay when you do that.....don't do it no more.........okay?

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Wanna know what was worse...

by Peggy

Jagr's salute last year... that made me gag everytime he did it... hopefully he realizes neither were right and will try something new next season that will be better...

Modano probably only voiced his opinion cause he's jealous

Peggy

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 1:11 PM
from IP address 199.224.98.54

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Whats different from last year?

by Kent

curious? If it's different...I don't know how much. Refresh me.

Heart breaker against Filly. Watched it today on Sportsnet. (rerun) Gawd I can't stand Barnaby. I don't know if his teeth are that yellow or if it was the reflection of his jersey. But when he was pasting that disgusting,ugly,sickening,smug,someone punch me in the face please grin...................it wasn't orange!

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 3:02 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Last Year....

by Peggy

He did this rediculous looking salute (no kiss involved, all from the forehead)... made me gag everytime I saw it. I guess from the female point of view the kiss is better

And I like Barnaby, I'm glad we got him... and he signed the night we were there and close up his teeth are white... must've been your imagination.

Peggy

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:37 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Ah yes... remember now..thx..eom

by Kent

y

Posted on Feb 29, 2000, 5:08 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Anyone around... I want to gripe!

by Peggy

For one I am still a bit pissed that Jagr is in the hospital from a cheap shot that wasn't penalized...

But then tonight, a Flyer plowed into our goalie with a few seconds left in OT, Philly scored while our goalie was going down underneath another of their players... and they won... it's just B***S*** You either call the rules all the time, or get a new job... the refs wouldn't even look it over to see what happened...

It's just frustrating me, cause I used to enjoy the hockey games... but anymore... when the game is over I'm just flustered... it's not because the Penguins are losing either, I'm getting used to that... and I'm not by any means siding with McSorely, but he was given the maximum punishmnet for what he did, and so many have done the same and even worse and gotten less... whatever happened to consistency?

I guess I wish Jagr still had his long hair and I wasn't really into hockey, just into watching Jagr like I used to be... sometimes ignorance is bliss....

Sigh
Peggy

Posted on Feb 24, 2000, 7:45 PM
from IP address 205.238.202.153

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I'm here, Peggy, go 'head and crab...

by Mr. A

...said Mr. A, as he hurried to disconnect
the internet, turn off the computer and go
to bed before reading 500 words on why that
was a cheap shot on Jagr and should've been
penalized and when will Jagr's hair grow back
and how come I'm not winning the Bandit Pool
and Frankie is, etc. etc.....

Posted on Feb 24, 2000, 8:20 PM
from IP address 206.186.41.227

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Are you still connected Mr. A...

by Peggy

Thanks for adding that in about the bandit pool, I forgot to throw in on my gripe about that... I demand a recount... lol...

So no comment on the cheap shot to Jagr or Aubin being plowed over, eh?

Can you believe I actually miss the Flyer fans on here... at least they were in for a good argument... although I see they have all tucked their tails between their legs and disappeared, can't blame them for that... hehehehe

Peggy

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 5:06 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Well, Peggy...

by Mr. A

I didn't see the game, so can't really comment..
Geez, in HockeyStocks, Pens are now worth a
measly $5.00 per share!!

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 6:16 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I know what you mean...

by

The Penguins are starting to make me mad. They play strong in little spurts and then when you're least expecting it they do something stupid and the other team comes right in and beats all of them. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least the Pens are still around... They could be in Seattle or Kansas...

And about Jagr... You know as well as anyone that I don't worship the guy. But I am mad about that. Oh well though... What's done is done and I guess we have to hope that something just will be done next time.

AND... I'm not sore 'cause I'm in last place, though! lol Say, isn't there some trophy for the last place team?

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 3:46 AM
from IP address 209.186.134.123

Respond to this message

Back to Board

So did you think....

by Peggy

that the Pens just didn't have their guard up why they lost? That Flyer player plowed our goaled before the other flyer hit the shot that scored, Aubin didn't have a chance to try and stop that puck...

It just seems they really go to extremes... last year a tip of the blade of your skate in the crease and the goal was disallowed, this year, seems like anything goes...

Peggy... still stewing, but not as bad as I was last night...

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 5:11 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Not necessarily

by

The goal that won the game for the Flyers wasn't because the Pens just weren't their sharpest... But I don't think it should've been a goal because the net was off... But oh well, you know how officiating goes.

It's just that if you watch most of their goals, it is almost like they're just playing in little spurts. They're strong for a while and then one little mistake happens and everything starts going wrong for them...

Oh, I heard Jagr was released from the hospital after they drained fluid from his bruise.

-PQ :>

Posted on Feb 26, 2000, 6:17 AM
from IP address 209.186.134.49

Respond to this message

Back to Board

NO GOAL!!!!!

by smike

be thankfull it was'nt game six, Stanley Cup finals and that useless slab of rectum whistle emplanted crap Gregson.....

Yikes!!!! Thought I was over that, but every time I see Goltender Intetrference uncalled resulting in a goal, it just makes me puke!

So much for that memo from bettman, changing the rules to protect the goaltenders after letting them hang out to dry for the first half of the season in an effort to justify last year abomination.... Sometimes, you just got to wonder what ever happened to the game of hockey...

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 6:22 AM
from IP address 209.5.58.114

Respond to this message

Back to Board

know what you mean...

by Kent

Hamrlik took a vicious spear from that jerk Afinegenov......league never even looked at it!

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 12:48 PM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Teach can count apples this week-end.

by hotlanta

Grades are due next week so I'll be crunchin numbers this week end before my Thrashers (one-game win streak) play Sat. Nite. I can keep the calc warmed up and give the pewl a whirl.
I'll try to have sumpthin up by Sun. am. Beav loses lotsa points for skippin skool, tho.

Posted on Feb 24, 2000, 5:51 PM
from IP address 209.86.140.210

Respond to this message

Back to Board

OK forget the suspense, I did it during the Habs game...

by hotlanta

Frankie...... 773 (curses!)
Beav .........737
Smike........ 734
Luke .........725
Mr. A ........703
Ms. Landers.... 693
Peggy.......... 686
MAC............ 649
Kaspar......... 575
PQ.............. 520

Posted on Feb 24, 2000, 7:28 PM
from IP address 209.86.140.210

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I think that watching the Habs game and adding don't mix....

by Peggy

You must've hit that calculator button a few to many times for Frankie and not enough for me

Thanks for doing the adding Hotlanta!

Peggy

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 5:15 AM

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Akshully, I wuz gunna kownt off fer spellun...

by hotlanta

But Beav would've ended in the negatives!! Reading your posts above, I shoulda watched the Flyers game. It sounds like it was more exciting. Hope Jami gets well soon.

Posted on Feb 25, 2000, 2:42 PM
from IP address 207.69.2.247

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Jagr Hospitalized....

by Peggy

Last night they admitted Jagr to the hospital, not for the hamstring injury he got in the Tampa Bay game, but from swelling on the opposite leg from where Peca took that cheap stab at him in the knee in the last few seconds of the game.

So I guess McSorely should've just gone after Brashear in the knee?! You figure, if he had of, McSorely would still be playing, but he could've put Brashear's career on hold... isn't this the message the NHL is putting out?

Just something to ponder... Peca's UNPUNISHED cheap shot to Jagr's knee, may also be why Jagr wasn't playing up to par the next night against TB and set him up for the hamstring injury... if these injuries are from Peca's cheap shot... they could cost Jagr the rest of this season, from being high scorer, and keep the Penguins from making it to the playoffs... and there was NO punishment given!

Peggy

Posted on Feb 24, 2000, 9:33 AM
from IP address 205.238.202.184

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I heard from Beavertail today...

by Peggy

and he wanted me to let all the Bandit's know that he hasn't been around because he's knee-deep in RRSP's and he's up to his #^$^@_)*(& in paperwork and working long days... I believe though the deadline for the one is February 29th, so he should be back posting here soon!

Peggy

Posted on Feb 23, 2000, 6:34 PM
from IP address 199.224.73.59

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Any Volunteers to figure the pewl standings?

by Peggy

If you have time, figure up the scores and post them on here, it'll be interesting to see how everyone is doing... if no one does it, I'll see if I can get to it in the next day or two...

Thanks,
Peggy

Posted on Feb 23, 2000, 4:35 PM
from IP address 199.224.73.193

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I thought we were taking turns

by Kasper

If we all posted the results once each for the entire season, I think that would be fair. I did them back in January, I think, I know it was from when I was in Australia and it was like 110 degrees outside.

What do ya'll think? Should we take turns, or would anyone like to do it regularly? It's pretty easy once you've done it.

Kasper, who wouldn't mind doing the results again, if he had to

Posted on Feb 23, 2000, 5:27 PM
from IP address 203.110.9.178

Respond to this message

Back to Board

I sure do miss Frankie...

by Peggy

Every week our scores were posted... I don't know if he had a special program that calculated the scores or if he did it by hand... if no one else posts them by tomorrow, I'll try and do them, if I can get a system going so it's not to hard, I can try and post them more often... but if there are some bandits out there just dying for a chance to total the bandit pewl points... don't let me stand in your way!

Peggy

Posted on Feb 23, 2000, 6:29 PM
from IP address 199.224.73.59

Respond to this message

Back to Board

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement