does it matter?

by MW

Skip gave some good correct info. But, also, one thing to keep in mind, the 2R series trucks from '49-'53 were essentially identical except for some very small esoteric details that are mostly not obvious items unless you really know what you are looking for or replacing parts and it becomes known as a result. Gauges the glass lens changed, but not the panel itself, ash tray type, steering wheel, horn buttons, things like that.

So, in short, while it is good to know and keep track of for some parts differences, the trucks are essentially the same. I am not sure I would open up a can of worms with the DMV to try to correct what is essentially a paperwork detail. Now if your truck is missing the serial number plate or you want to go a sell the truck, the paperwork could come back to cause problems down the road.

But as Skip mentioned, as long as the truck hasn't been listed as stolen sometime in the past or otherwise funny business with the numbers or paperwork, there is a process to get it straightened out with most states DMVs. Depending on the state and situation, it may be easy or a giant pain in the butt. I'd do a bit of research and thinking first before you jump in.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011, 5:46 PM
from IP address 24.130.81.199

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement