Response to Mark

by Brian Dahl

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your post, and I really enjoyed viewing your photo's, both that you posted, as well as your photobucket photo's. (You looked like a "happy camper" sitting on that Stude truck frame! LOL) I had that same smile when I became the proud owwner of my '57 Stude, yesterday. Somewhat disappointed to have to give up the '56 Chev. 3100 that I had completely restored, but, as MAMA says, only one "toy" at a time! LOL I"m 68 now, and have, over the years restored a few different vehicles, which have included an 8N Ford tractor, an International cub tractor, and even an 1850"s era original Piano Box Buggy (one horse drawn), which took me 4 years to restore. After that, I got the '56, and a 3 year frame off restoration went on, so I know EXACTLY what you're going thru! I wish you luck with your project as you go forward. From what I saw from your photo's, you are going to be very pleased with the end result.
I'm not really sure how to post pictures in photobucket, then post here, but would be more than happy to send you some photo's of my truck. Just drop me an email at justabout56@comcast.net and I'll get some off to you.
Currently, I have a pruding disc in my lower back that has slowed me down a bit (see a surgeon on Friday so wish me the best! happy.gif) I don't plan a total restoration on my truck, just some TLC and safety upgrades (like seatbelts). I do plan on having a lot of fun with the truck, alongside my grandson.

Brian

Posted on Mar 27, 2012, 9:13 AM
from IP address 24.125.142.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement