Thoughts on motor

by Brian Dahl

Based on the photo's that were posted of my truck, I received a note from Ted stating it was interesting seeing a 170 ci Champion motor in my '57, where the 3E14's normally came with a 245 ci Commander motor. In no way do I question Ted's remark, and thank him for informing me about this. I might be right, or then again, wrong, but I did some reading and found where it said that in 1959 the Champion motor was de-stroked back to 170 ci and rated at 90 hp. Not that I mind at all, the motor runs like a charm! Over the history of these trucks, I can imagine an original motor perhaps broke, froze up or whatever, and in 1959, it was replaced with a 170 ci. It's amazing what these old trucks go thru during their life. The stories they could tell! The '56 Chevy I had, had a '55 motor in it, and ya couldn't tell the difference in them (except by s/n). Any other thoughts on why this motor may be in my '57 would be interesting to hear. My '57 is definately a bare bones truck--but I love it! happy.gif

Posted on Mar 29, 2012, 2:31 PM
from IP address 24.125.142.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement