If you go to Vancouver Canada Craigslist

by Peter

you will see my truck with and without the Canopy and mine is a oversize unit. It is 8' long and 75" wide but the truck bed is 8'4" long and 65" wide.
I picked up some 1/8" thick aluminum I think they were about 6" to 8" wide, rounded the corners a bit, and across the front I bent the front edge 1/2" then set it down with special screws (so long ago I do not remember what I used) along the sides i bolted this down with bolts that had flat heads, under the aluminum I put the rubber insulation attached to the aluminum to stop any rain from getting in underneath and I did the same to the bottom edge of the Canopy then set it all done and bolted everything into place. Once everything was installed I insulated the Canopy with spray foam and I also did the sides of the box to help stop anyting from damaging the single wall. I have been out in 15*F weather with a very good down quilt but I don't think I want to go much colder than that and I have been in there in 115*F weather in Arizona, what helped us at night is I installed a 3 spd fan forward/reverse and I open the front slider on the canopy and it keeps a steady breeze going by, I also have 3 LED lights to read by inside along with a 12V system to plug into. My bed is 4'X6'2" and I can also sit up inside on a chair and read if I cannot sleep. I have made it so it is 100% dark inside and no one can enter without one of us unlocking the door. All the windows are unbreakable glass though it will crack it won't shatter and fall out.
If you email me your address I will try and send you some close up pictures. and see if I can find some of the left over bolts.
Peter

Posted on Jun 12, 2012, 5:21 PM
from IP address 174.1.239.167

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement