Finally got the '59 out

by studemaker

After a year and a half hiatus from anything Studebaker related, including the truck forum.... (I have been spending my spare time with my 89 year old mother who now is in end stage Alzheimers) My wife talked me into getting out the '59 out for a 70 mile run to a small town car show with some friends. I didn't really want to go, but my wife did, so I relented. The day started out badly with a dead (as in no saving dead) battery, so off to the parts house I go. Parts guy gets the battery out, pulls the date tags and starts the transaction on the store computer. Well... the computer goes down in the middle of the transaction, and it takes another 30 minutes just to get out the door. I get home and remember that I drained the tank of fuel before I put it in storage, to the shed for the gas can I go. Well guess what... the gas cans empty. So off to town I go again for gas. (Did I forget to mention that I live 8 miles from town) By now, I am thinking, this is just gonna get worse. I get back home, pour the fuel in, check the oil and antifreeze... everything looks good. Turn the key to let the electric fuel pump load the carb, then cranked her over... she starts up first turn of the key! And the old girl performed flawlessly all day. My wife and I really enjoyed the day together with the truck. I am glad she pushed me to get out and drive it, as I didn't realize how much I missed them both. Heres my girls at the show. [linked image]

Posted on Jun 25, 2012, 9:15 PM
from IP address 216.228.41.98

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement