Aluminum Tag on the frame wheel well drivers side

by

while pulling the hopelessly stuck front brakes on my 46 pasture queen, I noticed what remained of a highly corroded aluminum tag rivited to the frame in the wheel well on the drivers side... anyone know what type of information would have been on this tag ??? wondering if I should try to find out what was on it, & have a reproduction tag made ??? thanks

BTW... I'm a Studie newbie, but it's looking like I'll be starting my own orphanage, as my 1st collector was / is a 38 Nash Lafayette 4 door trunk back sedan... the Nash is in really nice survivor condition, so I'm thinking that I'll leave it all original...

my M-5... not so nice... my wife's dad bought it 25 years ago, & was never able to get the original flathead six unstuck, so out to the pasture it went... I just pulled it out this summer & am starting on it as a long term old school hot rod project... I don't know the politics on this forum, but I'm guessing the purists will not like me on this project... but I'm thinking like a 50's farm kid ( no, I haven't been a kid for a long long time ) anyway, a 50's farm kid, that wants to build a hot rod, with parts available in the 50's & all I have to start with is an old M-5... I just picked up a 1958 Sweepstakes 289 & 3 speed overdrive... I'm swapping out the original rear axle, for a 1955 Ford Stationwagon axle ( which just happened to be a flanged Dana 44 ) I'm upgrading the brakes to 60's Cadillac 12" finned drums all the way around... oh... & I'm sorry guys, but I cut the top off & am building the truck into a roadster... I'll have alot of stock parts for sale, as the truck was only a little rusty, but pretty complete... if you need something, let me know, & I'll see if it's a part I'll be keeping

Posted on Jul 12, 2012, 7:53 AM
from IP address 24.197.214.40

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement