a little custom on the dash ???

by Magnum

I thought I'd bounce this off you guys 1st... I have a 46 M-5 I'm building into an old school hot rod, I've roadster cut the top of the cab off level with the box line, & pulled the top 1/2 of the doors off ( down to the same pick up box height )... I can answer any questions there if needed... one thing I need to do, & will hope to get that done 1st, after I get the cab off the frame, is section out about 6" across the front... basically where the top door hinge box is, from hinge box, across the firewall to the other hinge box, in effect, lowering the windshield about 5-6"...

... so I have the dash out of the truck right now, & am thinking about putting a 6" round speaker in each door ( towards the top, as I'll be make storage compartments in the lower doors, since there will be no glass there ) the doors are cut off about arm rest height, & will be padded... anyway to get nice stereo sound, I'm thinking of frenching in a 1958 double headlight bezel & buckets for mounting a pair of speakers in the center of the dash, in effect giving nice stereo to each person in the seat... I've been looking at several bezels, & think I could do this tastefully... speakers will have to be boat speakers since there will be no top, & stereo may be mounted in the glove box for both protection from theft & the elements...

anyone ever seen this done ??? my dash is quite plain, & has already been butchered to mount an early AM / FM radio in the stock location ( new location for my center speakers )... anyway... I'm still at the parts collecting stage for body stuff... what do you think... cool or crappy ???

Posted on Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
from IP address 24.197.214.40

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement