Field Day of the Past

by Gary Hearn

Folks,

My suggestion would be to plan something on the grounds, especially if it is going to be Saturday. With the traffic on Rt. 623 it will be virtually impossible to leave and then return to the showgrounds. There is always a good array of food vendors on site, my suggestion would be to allow everyone to get whatever food they wanted and then find a good spot to meet. You could certainly congregate in my spot (the threshing area) which is along the creek below the education building. Be sure to save room to get some homemade ice cream from the Bolt brothers across the road from me.

My spot is designated as "T" on the map found on this link:

[linked image]

The show website can also provide you with much more information.

http://www.fielddayofthepast.net/

For those bringing antique vehicles, PLEASE register in advance. The gentleman who formerly handled the antique vehicles (Curtis Black) passed away. His duties have now been assumed by Steve Shell (804-245-1078), any questions can be directed to him.

I plan to arrive at the show on Thursday. As time draws nearer, I can provide my cell nuber for anyone that needs it.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012, 9:19 PM
from IP address 74.131.138.111

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement