STUDEBAKER TRUCK TALK

A forum for any messages related to Studebaker Trucks

My Father's Rant

by Brian Marshall

Hello Forum Members

I just wanted to say that my Father sufffers from Dymentia as well as cancer and Degenerative Foot Disease.

I would like to take this time to say that his comments are somewhat out the ordinary but Ted did threaten him that he would contact his Lawyer.

This has been going on for over a year now. My Father has been out of work since June of 2010 when he had his eye removed due to cancer. Cancer has returned and the outlook does not look Good.

He was to go to Cuba this week for Charity work but he is too weak to go. I just wish that Ted would have done the right thing and looked at the photo;'s my father sent.......he has no use for this Fuel pump and he is out $100.

I would like to just say Sorry in some ways what my dad said.

All the best to all the Studebaker Forum Members.

rgds Brian Marshall

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 5:48 PM
from IP address 99.235.203.44

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Whats wrong with it?

by Steve Dotson

Brian, I am sorry for your fathers condition and your own position. I lost my own father when he was just 54 years old and dealt with the anger phase of his cancer. As for the pump, it was asked here at the least (and by Ted) what was wrong with the pump he sent that made it unusable. I never saw a reply to that question, just more rants. I see no reason why the correct pump for a truck will not work for you. If it is just a matter of inlet/outlet location that is an easily correctable issue that many here have been through and are willing to offer direction. Pumps like the one currently on the truck are available, but they bolt up and work exactly the same. They just look different and dont clear the truck engine mounts as evidenced by the modifications to yours. If you will tell us WHY the pump you received from Ted does not work we will get you through this. As for Ted threatening to call a lawyer I personally think he has shown considerable restraint and use of the legal system is his most reasonable recourse. In his shoes I would not be nearly so polite long before this point. You and your dad both need to get off him or nobody here is going to give a care if your dad lives or dies with or without a Studebaker. Personally I intended to check a junk engine I have and send your dad a pump but as he kept digging himself in with his own commentary and refusing to cooperate with those here trying to help him I lost any interest in trying to help the man as I am sure others have. Respond to the questions and drop the personal assaults and I will see what I can do to help you. Steve

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:00 PM
from IP address 108.237.81.91

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: My Father's Rant

by Ted

I will respond one more time, Brian. This time it will be public
I have offered to take back the pump I sent. I have offered to receive the pump that is on the truck, so it could be matched properly. I have offered to rebend the proper fuel delivery lines if the pump could not be matched to the one on your truck. I have offered to pay the postage both ways, and make the exchange at no charge. It has been over a year and I heard nothng about the pump being wrong until a few weeks ago. If a message was sent I did not get it.
I have even given directions to repair the pump that is on your truck based on the description of the problem given to me. making diagnostics long distance is not very easy at best.
I did say that if my name was continued to be debased I would call my attorney friend in Toronto. I have chosen not to do so based on two things.
First your fathers condition. Medicine such as is likely your father is taking can make a person do thngs they would not do under normal circumstances.
Second It has always been my code to be fair and honest with those who share this hobby with me. because that is the way I like to be treated. When we treat people that way they will stand with you and my friends have done just that.
I know what pain and loss is I just buried one of my grand sons at 19 years of age yesterday because of an accident cause by an unwise and careless driver, I will not go after him because we all make mistakes.

Brian you have read the offers I have made your father. I make the same offers to you. I want you to have the correct pump and want you to drive your truck with no trouble and have fun doing it. If you should choose the offers please write me at studepickups@optonline.net I will send my address if you do not have it.

I will not write more about this and apologize to my Studebaker friends for having to read and endure all of this.Ted

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 10:28 PM
from IP address 64.134.241.225

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Ted

by Dieseless Jim

for clearing the air on this. Sorry for the loss you have suffered. If you make your parts run, hope you stop in South Bend for a short visit. Also have a bed if you need a nap. Jim

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 12:25 AM
from IP address 23.119.113.118

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Fuel pump

by John

I live an hour and change away when u get the right pump or if the one u have just needs to be turned contact me and we can try an arrange a time to come up and help u install it/ or trouble shoot it. Contact via email rjseatery@ hotmail.com John

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 12:10 PM
from IP address 65.95.144.215

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good Grief Peter!!!

by DwainG

Would love to see all the pics you told us about instead of some Craigs list pic of a 1950 truck for sale.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 1:58 PM
from IP address 24.16.178.89

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dwain I put pictures in right up and until Greenville and

by Peter

our day with the Lincoln's if you like.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:39 PM
from IP address 174.1.229.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We broke down as we started to pull out of Rest Area

by peter

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/

loud popping noise like Muffler/Manifold but when tow truck driver got to the site we told him the noise and he said no U blew your plug and Heli Coil, there are 3 of them that don't have enough threads and #1 went blew the plug to the top of the engine and the Heli coil out of the hole, the two driver found it right away as he said we see this all the time on the First edition Ford V10's with the Aluminium Manifold etc. So he hooks us up to his truck as were sort of blocking the free way access from the Rest Stop, kept the U-Haul with car on board right along with us. We met the right Tow truck driver that day and he got us to the RIGHT mechanic who took us in on short notice the next day, the others we tried all said 2 days to 3 weeks. Ford was the longest and the fellow we went to said and it would of cost you the motel/hotel bill, food, plus repairs about $6000 because they would no just fix it they would replace the whole head.
The Fellow we got to is called Jim's Diesel Service, he had all the right tools and knew what he was doing, says he works on Diesel mainly but Gas if needed to.
We broke down Thursday around 2PM and left Jim's at Noon Friday, cost for labor and parts about $445.00 tow of the Trailer and car another $100 but paid for by the owner who we were helping out. Because we belong to Good Sam which has been a blessing in Disguise as they have helped us over the years. I'm sorry guys but I did not get the Tow truck drivers Name or phone number but they haul a lot of big trucks and he was also Excellent. Note Judy and her sister enjoying the break down for a bit of relaxation.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wow!! Guess I should

by John Weinrich

have read all the threads before commenting. I would have expected better from Ford, maybe an insert instead of helicoil. I take it you are back on the road?

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 9:17 AM
from IP address 71.114.0.165

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep this is a well known issue with these

by Keith Mifflin

engines. We have a fleet of 10 buses with these at the Sr. Center and at least 3 have had the problem. Wonder why no recall?

Keith

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 10:13 AM
from IP address 67.183.150.105

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Yep this is a well known issue with these

by Keith

Keith they supposedly fixed the problem around 2001 but what gets me the had the same problem with the V8's and the V10's in the Class C's then in 1999 started putting them in the Class A's There are 3 cyl that are the culprits but once sleeved then no more problems or so I'm told.
the installed the Class C's in 1997 so already had 2 years of this crap going on why did they not fix it then.
The mechanic told us that the 6.4L Diesel in the Pickups was even worst not the motor itself but if you had to get the cooling system out to replace and there is one in the rear and one in the front, U have to lift the Cab off the Frame and it is a real pricey fix.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes this a first experience for us and the Heli-coil spark plug

by Peter

but that is how they do it now on the V8's and the V10's and I would rather have the mpg from a V10 than the 8.1L or 454V8 that Chevrolet has on the market, matter of fact U would think they would something better for all Motor Homes as there are a lot on the road these days or people live in them 5-6 months of the year in the nice warmer areas.
John wait until your back in Oregon and don't see the sunshine but see more rain everyday in the winter months from Sept to end of June and if your lucky then not later.
When they fixed it this time for the one cyl. they installed a Insert with more threads so I will never have a problem with that cyl again.
Before hitting the road I will pick up another set of parts as I can get for cheap at home though the parts and labor were not all that bad.
If Ford had of done the repairs they said 2-3 weeks, I could not live in MH on there property and the cost for lodging, Food, and repairs including parts would of been around $6000.
So I'm very happy with the service we got from the people of Lincoln, NE.
peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heli-coil

by Don s.

I just used a heli-coil for the first time too!
On my M15 exhaust pipe connection on the manifold.

Worked great! Slick!

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 5:31 PM
from IP address 96.35.110.220

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Helicoils.......

by Norman

I just ordered up 12 of them with a kit to replace all the door hinge bolts I busted/stripped/screwed up/ drilled out. 2 days of heating and lube and only 3 spun out.

TIGHT little buggers.....

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:33 PM
from IP address 67.5.118.157

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice story

by Lee W.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 10:52 AM
from IP address 98.210.80.194

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

now in Nebraska.

by peter

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/
Were following the old Oregon Trail in this area that is what the 4 wheels in the field represent, then coming up to the Arch or what ever it is we know Omaha is close by, we went to a International once around 2005? We just kept on motoring along stopping where ever we could find a free spot to spend the night as not paying expensive Camping rates got put back into the tummy or the gas tank.
Next section is disaster.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Is this a vacation?

by John Weinrich

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 9:12 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes John this was a 10,000 mile trip that we did.

by Peter

broke down in Lincoln,NE but basically it was great to get out and about and see some more of the US and it's natural wonders.
I told a fellow Studebaker Person who belonged to the Whatcom County Chapter and was moving from Whidy Is. to Greenville Illinois, he and I had already taken one truck and personal goods out around 2010 then he did another on his own either 2011/12 #2 truck went this trip he had a truck on his trailer and his other GT Hawk on the other U-Haul so now all the vehicles are out there along with all of his personal goods from his home in Oak Harbor, WA. All in All it was a good trip weather was good most of the way except for the threat of fresh snow in Wyoming and a real mean rain storm on I10 in Texas where we could not see more than 150' in front of us and we pulled over for 1/2 hour or until we could see a mile down the track.
We got around 85-90*F weather the whole trip which is way better than the rain the got at home and the cooler weather of around 55*F in May/June.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Travelling through Wyoming

by Peter

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4580705338.html
Spent the night at 7200' slightly cold but good warm comforters, there were reports of major snowfall while we were in Idaho but we decided to push on just the same and by the time we hit the snow areas the highway was clear. At 8600' winter was still showing some teeth but was slowly declining though I think they could even get snow up here in the summer months.
Real Pretty Country, we dropped down to the last Rest Stop in Cheyenne, WY. Good dump station here and good drinking water. Did our work here then headed for Nebraska & Problems.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I haved a

by John Weinrich

sister that lives in Casper... If you need any help of comfort.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 9:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hi-Tork Brakes...

by Frank McM.

Found a big Baker this weekend, and am considering whether or not the chase it.

It is a 2R-16, on 20" Rubber, which according to the books, has the everlovin' Hi-Tork brakes.

When in top nick, how well do these work, and how much grief am I looking at to get them working ?

If I get the truck, it is with the intention of making it a working vehicle...

Right now, I see these funky brakes as the Achille's Heel...

Comments / recommendations from those who know about them first-hand ?

Thanks !

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 7:32 AM
from IP address 98.235.82.243

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Hi-Tork Brakes...

by Steve Dotson

I have only driven mine around the yard since I did the rear brakes(not built the fronts yet) but they seem to work well and no real issues if they are buildable. If not they must be sleeved (around $300 ea IIRC). I didnt have any problems finding the bits to assemble a kit locally, even found the metal (aluminum?) pistons. The castings are said to be easily cracked and one of mine indeed was. In that case you are searching. I even tried to find a junk truck to try again before I found the cylinder for mine. Check the part numbers I posted in the earlier thread and see if those are what you need. They should fit a 16 or a 17. Steve

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 12:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Hi-Tork Brakes...

by Mason

To dissasemble the rears drill a hole that can be tapped for a pipe thread plug . Drive out the 1 3/16 piston, then you have easy acces to the 5/8 dia piston. This works like a charm. And the brakes are VERY effective.

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 2:02 PM
from IP address 75.34.164.57

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Out with the pistons

by Roger List

I'd be afraid of damaging the pistons by driving them out, also even with the 1 3/8" piston out you still have very limited access to drive out the 11/16" piston. If it's not too stuck, the small piston has a small hole in one side of the outside of the piston. Take the boot off and look carefully at the piston, it is a real tiny hole and it may be filled with gunk. Take a small very stiff wire and bend a hook on the end and stick it in the hole and pull the piston out. There is no spring behind the small piston. If your lucky, it might come out. What I did was take a bolt that will fit in the brake inlet hole and drill it all the way through. My nephew then welded a fitting on the head that would take an ordinary zerk fitting. Screw it into the cylinder and pump the pistons out with a grease gun. Once the large piston comes out flush with the cylinder, hold it in a vise so that it can't come all the way out and the small piston will come right out. Works great and you don't run the risk of destroying a piston that will be very hard to replace. Cleaning up the grease is a bear, but I think that is still the better option.

Roger List

Posted on Jul 28, 2014, 11:27 PM
from IP address 67.165.226.245

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Secret Weapon: Grease Gun

by Frank McM.

Thanks for this tip, Roger.

I have heard about the Hit & Miss Engine guys using the same technique to remove a stuck piston from an old one-lunger with a blind cylinder jug...

Imagine how much grease there is to clean-up from that ! happy.gif

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 9:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

fill the grease gun with water

by jack vines

That's what we do when pressure-testing compressor tanks. Fill the tank to the top with water, then fill a grease gun with water and pump til the pressure gauge reads the test pressure you want.

Since water is incompressible, it produces the same pressure as does grease.

jack vines

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 3:41 PM
from IP address 67.171.58.56

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Using Water

by Roger List

Hadn't thought of that. My only concern is that water would leak out around the piston in the grease gun, but then if you used an empty grease cartridge in the gun it would make a better seal against the piston. A good idea, worth a shot.

Roger List

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 11:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Could also use motor oil... n/m.

by Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 12:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Custom 4-door Champ project on Pittsburg CL

by MW

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4586164496.html

Interesting idea. Not sure how I like it in general, particularly the upper back pillar. That inverted triangular window seems like it might be better if it was just filled solid. It would be easier to visualize the finished product if it was all one color.

Anyway, just found it interesting and thought I would post it for you guys w/ interest.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 4:41 AM
from IP address 71.202.174.128

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

From Washington to Oregon, Idaho and start into

by Peter

Wyoming. 2nd day drove the Columbia River in Oregon to I84 which dropped us into Idaho, were we spent the 2nd night at Mountain Home, ID. Easy travelling so far.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 1:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What are you driving and

by John Weinrich

are you planning to pick up the truck you posted the CL link of?

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 9:09 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Trailering Glen's few remaining Studebakers to

by Peter

Greenville, IL. You guys in Illinois are going to have another member but your going to have to dig him out of the ground as he plans on a U/Ground home???
More to follow. That is us way up front with Class A MH and trailer with 62GT Hawk on board, then spent another day picking up the trailer pulling the black 62 GT Hawk out of the Black Berry Bushes and finally getting it onto the trailer using the same method as the first, neither of the cars are running and neither of the cars have brakes. We found a spot for the night on May 9/14 just past Olympia for the night.
Peter

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 12:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Near Death

by Jeff

I just want to state as a last statement Ted Jensen Ripped me off.......... I am dying and its any day now.

My son has my truck and Ted did nothing but ripped me off

Good bye to all on this Forum. My last few days are like HELL.........My son is typing this.

thanks Ted............. Karma is coming your way

Goodbye to All

Did I mention

CANCER SUCKS

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 9:12 PM
from IP address 99.235.203.44

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I hope you find peace

by Anonymous

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 9:15 PM
from IP address 96.242.18.190

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Near Death

by Matthew Burnette

I'm not active here anymore and have been hesitant to say a word. But Ted is someone I consider a friend and enough is enough.

First let me say to Ted.. Sorry to see this guy trashing your name. I think the members here all know you well enough to see past it either way. And my sincere condolences about your grandson. I believe I met him (and the first time I met you) at the International meet in Iowa a few years ago. A couple of nicer guys you'd never meet.

Now.. To this Jeff guy.. Didn't you just post 3 days ago that you were off to Cuba?

You've said you were "done" with this forum about half a dozen times so far.

Ted is a hell of a guy. You won't change the groups' opinion of him. I've done business with him and he treated me much better than I ever expected. I've watched him at various Stude meets give his advice and help to total strangers. Stop trashing his name.

I think if I were living my last days, the last thing I would do would be talking garbage and stirring up drama on a Studebaker Truck forum. This forum isn't moderated. And in the 10 years I've been a member here, this is the first time I've EVER seen crap like this get posted. The group here does a wonderful job of keeping it clean and focused on trucks.

I don't post at all anymore, in fact I've all but gotten out of the Stude hobby, but I do still read this forum from time to time as it's about the only "good" Studebaker forum left.

Just go away. You've made your point. Take care!

MB

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 9:31 PM
from IP address 68.84.24.148

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted

by Neil Wollam

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good job Mattthew B.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:11 PM
from IP address 24.113.205.153

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank you Matthew. I'll second that as well.

by MW

Really hard to believe this amount of anger and drama is all over a rule pump. In fact, it is a little too hard to believe.

I agree, it these were my last days on Earth, I think that last thing I'd be getting upset about is some ridiculously easy to solve fuel pump problem. If you can't handle fixing a fuel pump, you just really shouldn't be in the old truck hobby to begin with.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 11:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Matthew..

by Ron Dame

You may be quiet here now, but you speak volumes!

Ron

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 10:42 AM
from IP address 64.147.222.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Who I want to be

by Douglas Farmer

. Ted Jensen is who I would like to be when I reach 55.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:29 PM
from IP address 71.94.123.219

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Near Death

by R-Bucket

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I think Jeff has made my point for me. I mentioned before about people tooting their own horn. That's all this Ted is about, Poor me, I do this I do that.

I don't know him, nor do I want to know him after this. its gone from "I go to Cuba to help kids, I give locl families cash I have all these charities"

Im sorry you have cancer it does suck, but ted doesn't rip people off. I don't think any one here does!

Some like me want a million dollars for their parts but then again I take 5. we can all want, but as for rip offs? I think not. ted has allowed me to pay on time for parts, he has helped me with many questions. He even remembered I needed glass for my dash on my truck several months after I mentioned it. Knew I didn't have the cash to buy it when he found it at a meet and still got it, mailed it to me on his dime until I could pay him back.

Forget it, we all know better, you cant hurt Teds reputation.

However perhaps in your final days you should remember their are rules in life and on forums. As well as Laws that say something about having a hell of a lot of proof before you go speaking out in any way that attempts to harm another persons reputation.

You got screwed and kicked in the teeth with cancer, sorry, but we didn't do it, ted didn't do it so go away and stay away like you have said you would.

The Nice thing you should know. there is not one person HERE that will hold what you are doing here against your son. So in the future if he needs help he should know we are here and wont hold the sins of the father against him

Derick

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:56 AM
from IP address 98.125.230.140

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Derick and Matthew

by Brian Dahl

You guys pretty well summed things up. We know Ted. We know how Ted operates. We know of all the help and guidance Ted has provided to us over the years. Many of us can call Ted their friend. NO ONE can take that away! NO ONE!
Jeff, just go, as you had mentioned long before this thread. No one wants to hear your CRAP anymore!

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 12:02 PM
from IP address 24.125.142.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It is sad that

by John Weinrich

anyone that owns a Studebaker would act this way. Now I don't have knowledge of this entire situation and I suspect that many here on STT do not either but it is entirely possible that this is Jeff's way of handling his end of life. Mind you I don't condone any of the negative remarks he has made toward Ted. But I do understand that people react in different ways when faced with such a tremendous emotional event. I just hope that when I pass that the event will be pleasant to everybody...

I have known Ted for several years and would have a hard time believing what Jeff has stated. Ted is an honorable man that I do not hesitate to call my friend. He has been a positive influence to me personally, on STT, and to the Studebaker truck community. He cares deeply about his family, his community, and our great country.

My guess is that Jeff with his emotional roller coaster situation along with poor communications (text,email...) has misinterpreted the situation. I do have a hard time wrapping my head around something as small as a fuel pump to be such a catalyst to so much vile. The goal for Jeff to have his truck in tip top shape for his son is honorable but not very practical as his son will have to deal with many maintenance issues with the truck in the future if he keeps the truck. Owning and operating a Studebaker truck or any vintage vehicle is an ongoing effort that will always challenge. This is why the STT community is so valuable.

Jeff, I hope you find peace before you pass. Peace with yourself, your loved ones, and yes with Ted and all of us on STT.

I write this with a heavy heart.

Happy trails Jeff

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 1:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't know Ted but

by Tom

The good book says: let another man praise the and thine own mouth, a stranger and not thine own lips.. So in spite of a stab from the grave Ted must be a decent fellow to have so many loyal defenders.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 5:32 PM
from IP address 198.228.216.39

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

any one see this

by R-Bucket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDEBAKER-RADIO-FOR-PARTS-NOT-TESTED-1947-UP-S4627-/141356564714?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e98200ea&vxp=mtr

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 7:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not a bad price for

by John Weinrich

parts but I have 4 waiting for restoring. If I bought another one my better half would say WTF!

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 8:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Found these

by R-Bucket

found these at auction say they are for a 5 - 53 Packard making a bid just to see what happens IF any one is interested let me know your price and ill take the bid up t it. There are two

email: derickbland@aol.com

Let know if your interested in one or both . I might be good for 1.

Derick

[IMG [linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Found these

by jackb

6V ??

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 AM
from IP address 71.174.48.214

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What have I found ? Big R-truck

by Frank McM.

I stumbled across a first-generation R-series big Stude today...

Here's the data off the builder's plate:

R 16 A 15***

2R 16 A 55

14,000 GVW

On 20" rubber ( five-lug "Budd" wheels, the dreaded split-in-the-channel "widow-makers" ), four-speed ( no lock-out lever/rod: Reverse is all the way to the right and forward), Single-speed "split-rear". This one has an 8ft dump body, PTO/hydraulic hoist.

Any idea what year I'm looking at, and are brake cylinders / parts for it made from un-obtanium ?

Thanks !

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 5:39 PM
from IP address 50.120.215.78

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ourbuis@yahoo.com

by Steve Dotson

are brake cylinders / parts for it made from un-obtanium ?

Thanks !

Yes, They are. I have an NOS pair for a late M-16 or early 2R-16. Had to send one from the 2R-15 and have it sleeved as there are none available. Steve

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hmm, Put e-mail addy in wrong place

by Steve Dotson

and typed it wrong. ourbuiss@yahoo.com

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 7:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re:Wheel Cylinders

by RickK

Steve, I have a pair (L&R) of good Hi-Tork rear wheel cylinders from a 2R15 that I'll sell. Also, brake shoes, springs, etc. Email me at threers at frontiernet dot net if interested.

Register your 2R truck at http://www.2rtruck.need-a-geek.com/ It's free!
Register your M truck at http://mtrucks.need-a-geek.com/ It's free!

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 7:47 PM
from IP address 184.12.171.52

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Re:Wheel Cylinders

by Steve Dotson

Will do. Steve

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

More Wheel Cylinders

by Roger List

I just picked up a NOS right rear Hi-Tork wheel cylinder off ebay. I'm still looking for a NOS left one. I saw mention here that there may be some around. It's for my '42 M16. If one is available please make a post, I couldn't make out the email address as posted. Thanks.

Roger List

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 11:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: More Wheel Cylinders

by Steve Dotson

Roger, part numbers I have are 675421 (R) and 675422 (L) and casting numbers look like FE1678 and I think FE 1673 on the ones I have. Send me the casting number off yours and the part number if you know it. Steve ourbuiss@yahoo.com

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 12:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

casting numbers

by Steve Dotson

Found my magnifying glass. Number on L one looks like FE1579. The 9 is hard to read and could be a 3 or a 0 but I think its a 9. The 5 is hard to read and could be a 6. The number on the R one is much more legible and is FE1678. Again the 6 could be a 5. Part numbers in earlier post are right. Steve

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What you have found...

by Frank Drumheller

is a Studebaker 1 1/2 ton truck in the "R" series. The truck is rated at 14,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight. More on this point at the end.

Allow me to decode the model code-

2R16A-55
2....code for Studebaker production of a series of trucks for model years 1949-1953,
R....code for the trucks built for model years 1949-1954 (1954 models were 3R series),
16...indicates a truck chassis nominally rated as a 1 1/2 ton vehicle,
A....the original Studebaker 1 1/2 ton truck introduced in 1949 (2R16) was equipped with a 226 cubic inch, six cylinder, side valve, flat head engine rated at 94 horsepower. Before the end of the 1949 model run, a 245 cubic inch engine producing 100 horsepower was phased into production, replacing the smaller displacement engine. The "A" designation was added to the model code for all 2R16 trucks thereafter. 2R16 truck production began with serial number R16-001 and ended with R16-12682. 2R16A production began with model R16A-13201, all in 1949. After serial number R16A-24400 through R16A-43700 were built near the end of 1949 production though the 1953 model year. Your truck was built with the larger engine.
55...indicates the wheelbase of the chassis measured from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle in inches, in this case 155 inches. Other lengths of chassis available in the 2R series were 112, 121, 112, 131, 171, and 195 inches.

I can not identify (ID) this specific truck without knowing the serial number. Your should find the serial number stamped on the tag on the wall of the driver's foot-well. If you could post that number, I can tell you the year model. It should look as
R16A-xxxxx.

The truck was built with a standard four-speed manual, non-synchronized (crash box), a 'split-rear' is street talk for a vacuum two-speed rear axle, a common option on larger trucks at extra cost. I imagine most dump trucks came equipped with 2-speed rear axles. The wheels you describe were standard issue on a truck for dump truck service. The dump body and PTO/hydraulic hoist was after-market components (not factory installed).

I can't answer your question on brakes, but many people on this forum have decent brakes on their trucks. Hopefully, someone will give you proper advice on this matter. If you have other questions, just ask. These is a lot of expertise on this blog.

Send me the serial number so we can pin down the model year. Frank

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 8:48 PM
from IP address 67.163.105.143

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm sorry, I meant to...

by Frank Drumheller

add a comment about the GVW of 14,000 lb. capacity of the truck. The factory assigned the Gross Vehicle Weight of all truck chassis. This figure is what the factory uses as a 'safe' weight for warranty purposes. The 14,000 lbs. limit on this truck means if the owner overloaded the truck beyond 14,000 lbs. the warranty was void. The truck could actually carry more weight. The 14,000 lb. limit included the truck from the factory, plus the weight of all accessories, the driver, fuel and water, and the body and associated equipment.

A 2R16A from the factory weighed approximately 4080 lbs. By the time the owner added the body, fuel tanks, PTO equipment, fluids, and a driver, the weight would approach 8000 lbs. This means the truck could carry 3 tons without voiding the warranty. The truck probably was capable of carrying 4 tons. And they did after the warranty ran out. This is just my shot in the dark on GVW. Please don't quote me!!! Frank

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 9:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

More info...

by Frank McM.

Frank D.

I'm a little leary to post the complete serial # on the interweb...

If I leave the last two digits undeclared, will that get you close enough ?

R 16 A 1555xx

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heaters for Sale

by Mark

I am downsizing my heaters as I have installed A/C into my 2R truck. I would like to sell these as a package. One heater(restored) was in my truck the other is a spare and the third is an ALLSTATE brand. I live in Canada on the West Coast.I don't know what would be a reasonable price. Regards Mark

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 1:55 PM
from IP address 174.1.49.179

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heaters

by Mark

Heater pictures posted. Took me awhile to figure out Photobucket again.I am downsizing my heaters as I have installed A/C into my 2R truck. I would like to sell these as a package. One heater(restored) was in my truck the other is a spare and the third is an ALLSTATE brand. I live in Canada on the West Coast.I don't know what would be a reasonable price.
Regards,
Mark

[linked image]?t=1406398287
[linked image]?t=1406398297
[linked image]
[linked image]?t=1406398261
[linked image]?t=1406398308

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 5:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

M15 Frame

by John Weinrich

I'm adding a PTO winch to MPH and have to mount two pillow block bearings to the frame on the passenger side. My plan is to fabricate brackets that bolt to the frame and the pillow block bearings will bolt to the brackets. To bolt the brackets to the frame I will need to drill mounting holes in the frame, one in the vertical section and one in the bottom lip. The rear bracket near the rear of the transmission will be able to use an existing hole in the vertical section so I will be drilling only one hole in the bottom lip. The front bracket is located just forward of the frame cross member supporting the bell housing.

Will there be a issue compromising the structural integrity of the frame?

My wife suggested that I weld a plate where the holes are doubling the thickness of the metal about an inch around the holes.

Is welding a plate a good idea?

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 12:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wouldn't do any welding

by Lee W.

I would drill any holes as you see necessary, spacing them as far apart as possible and using the smallest hole you can get by with. If the purpose of these brackets is solely to support the PTO shaft, then they shouldn't have that much stress on them anyway. The purpose of the pillow blocks is to keep the shaft from "whipping" around as it spins. There is a recommended spacing of pillow blocks for solid shafts, but I don't recall what it is off hand. Type in "Chelsea PTO" in your search engine and you may find some design info.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 1:34 PM
from IP address 76.126.38.23

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lee is correct

by Bob Cruse

Most truck manufacturers recommend not welding to the frame . They usually suggest clamping , or using bracketry , and if you must drill holes , use as small a hole as possible , just as Lee said ............Bob Cruse.......

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 2:41 PM
from IP address 76.104.172.220

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the feedback!

by John Weinrich

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If your not sure about welding to the frame

by Keith Mifflin

You could at least take some say 1/4" flat steel stock and drill holes in the same pattern and spacing as on the frame and use on on each side to act as doubler to increase the strength removed by the holes.

They weld on frames all the time in hot rod building boxing them in to add strength while not removing any of he temper from the existing steel frames. It really isn't a big deal you just need to be sure you don't warp it with the heat and brace it well.

Keith

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Have you seen this truck?

by Lee W.

Mark @ niteghardian@aol.com is looking for the owner.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 12:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Have you seen this truck?

by Steve Dotson

No, But I like it. Is it 4 wheel drive? Steve

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 9:57 AM
from IP address 12.202.74.87

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It was on cover page of some website a few years ago

by george o

Looks good!!

take care

George o

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 10:04 AM
from IP address 173.71.128.117

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I like it.

by Rick L

Never seen one before

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 12:15 PM
from IP address 96.37.49.17

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Studebaker wrecker

by Bob Cruse

Wasn't this truck pictured on George D's websight ? Can't remember how George spells his last name , but he is in San Francisco and has several Studebaker trucks . ............Bob Cruse........

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 2:33 PM
from IP address 76.104.172.220

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

George AKA Rebel Stude

by Mark H

I believe this is his web-site

http://studebakertruckparts.com

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:45 PM
from IP address 71.50.4.81

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Peter

here is the larger truck with rounded corner and also for sale.
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 11:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Peter, paste the link in the message text area, not the message title area

by MW

Like this: http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4580705338.html

That way people can just click on it and it and don't have to copy and paste it. But, cool, you got the copy and pasting part down now! Just need to paste it in the right place. happy.gif

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 1:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wonder if this could beone of Alan Barth's

by Keith Mifflin

He is right in that area

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pickups in the background

by Bish

I see a Champ and C Cab behind the big truck as well.
Bish

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:43 AM
from IP address 174.62.190.226

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4526585298.html

by Peter

I hope this one makes it?
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

This should work

by Frank from Germany

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4570963010.html

have fun
Frank

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:55 PM
from IP address 80.149.83.98

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

64 Champ 4 Salehttp://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4570963010.html

by Peter

1964 Champ For Sale
Fellows I'm trying my best to do what MW says I have to do! Plus if I can do it then you can do it to.
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

clickable link

by MW

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4570963010.html

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 1:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

this is for everyone to peruse especially

by peter

Bo and Vern.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4584605594.html
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

41-48 M Truck Parts for Sale

by Dion

Hey my name is Dion and I own a auction company here in North Carolina we are cleaning out a barn and have found several M Truck Parts mostly body parts such as a hood, right and left fenders, tail gate, front of bed, side of bed, chrome mouldings for the grill and hood, right left and center grill pieces, headlight ring rims, a hubcap, 1 piece studebaker emblem, and the 2 piece hood emblem we are still going through the barn so I will be adding to the list in a couple days if there is anything else. All of these items are for sale. I can be contacted at 704-657-9501 if you are interested. I dont have a photobucket account however you can email me at dpownall@roadrunner.com and I will send you the pics you need.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:06 PM
from IP address 71.75.192.56

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If you email me

by John Weinrich

picture I can post them for you. jsweinrich@verizon.net

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

pics

by Dion

Hi John I got them up on photobucket the user name is dionpownall. Not sure if that helps

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:39 PM
from IP address 71.75.192.56

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't know

by John Weinrich

or use Photobucket. I went to Photobucket but don't have a clue how to access picture under a user name...

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Parts

by Jim Evans

I don't know what all you have so I'll tell you what i need. A steering wheel,dome light
the two inside windshield molding clips,If you come across any of these give a holler.
Jim Evans jims48ply@verizon.net Thanks

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:48 PM
from IP address 96.229.241.173

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am in need of a hoos and hood molding

by Bruce Stieve

I sent you an email regarding hood and center molding I would also be interested in the fenders if they are in good shape.

thanks

Bruce

bas85@hotmail.com

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:26 AM
from IP address 108.58.166.210

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

HOOD

by Bruce Stieve

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:26 AM
from IP address 108.58.166.210

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Parts

by ChrisM5

HI
I live here just north of Atlanta; so we are practically neighbors
Where exactly are you..??
I have saw some M hoods with stainless steel strips on the sides of the hood.
DO ya have anything like that??
Maybe if you let me know where you are I can come check out what all you have..??
pickupguy07 at bellsouth dot com
email

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 10:51 AM
from IP address 108.209.204.34

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Fenders are for an M15 Big truck...Nice Shape

by Bruce Stieve

I was able to speak with Dion about some of the parts he has. It looks like he found someones project in a barn....The fenders are in nice shape, 2 are ready for body work and paint small amount of surface rust but someone was getting them ready for a nice truck, they have the larger wheel openings and the spacer to add the extra width. The other two are still painted small amount of rust but very workable I have bought much worse to try and get them half as good as these are. Any of you guys out there that just picked up the M15 1 ton pickups these are the fenders for you!! Give Dion a call I picked up some of the other parts for my truck.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
from IP address 100.1.32.52

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

wheel wobble- rear

by Dave M

Well I finally got to my second car show with my truck ('57 Transtar 1/2 ton) last Saturday. Only 10 cars showed up with three Stude trucks there including mine. It was a breakfast show and worth the food. Finally got my wife to come with me. As we were about to get onto the highway (95),a guy in a SUV waved me down and told me I have a rear wheel wobbling. Had to take an alternate route home (35 miles). Now I have to figure out what is going on. I can put the truck on a friend' lift this weekend. How should I proceed?
I checked the wheel lugs and all were tight. I have had the tires and wheels balanced. Got the wheels from Ted so I know they are the right ones for my truck. New bearings and all the brake stuff replaced. I have a Dana 44 TT rear end in it. Bent axle? I have a friend that has a Champ truck and extra axles and rear ends (not TT). Will a 60's champ axle work on my rear end?
What to do?
Thanks in advance for all help offered.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 6:37 PM
from IP address 172.3.146.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A couple things......

by David Orth

I'd first get to a tire shop and have 'em check the wheel for out of round and out of square, (I guess that's what you'd call it). The wheel could be bent and still look like it's good. Doesn't take much to see a wobble if you're the guy following behind. Next I'd check the brake drum for the same issues, Last I'd check the axle. Any good repair shop can quickly yank the axle and check if it's straight. If those are all good, I'd start wondering about the guy in the SUV.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 7:33 PM
from IP address 174.21.105.37

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jack it up

by John Weinrich

on two good jack stands, put it first gear and let it run. Go behind and see for yourself if it wobbles...

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Jack it up

by Ted

All good advice. Did the people who balanced the tires say anything about a bent rim? Did you sandblast the rims before painting? I have seen rims bent because of warpage after sandblasting. Check them all. Are they 15 or 16 inch rims? I have a couple of 16s left if you need a replacement.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 11:02 PM
from IP address 107.19.136.65

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no sandblasting

by Dave M

I cleaned up the wheels with a wire brush on my drill and stripper. Painted them myself. Had them mounted and balanced by Goodyear shop. They are 15 in. I got from you a while back if you remember they got stuck in the mail for awhile and I had to hunt them down. Sunday I will be able to put the truck on a lift and check everything and take apart if necessary. As I said I have been offered a axle shaft from the champ line of trucks without TT. I have TT on my c-cab. Will the shaft work on mine?
Also my tires are a bit old but were in good condition when I switched them off of the wheels that came with the truck when I bought it. I will check the tire for bulges and such when I get it off.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 7:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

axle removal

by Dave M

I tried to look in the books on how to remove the axle. Have not found anything yet. How easy is it to remove? If I work down to it and everything else is fine, I would like to remove it and take it to a machine shop just down the street from me and have then check it out.

This morning I an having someone coming over and he can follow me and we will see what we can see from a quick trip around the block. I will be able to get it to 50 mph.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 7:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: axle removal

by 2R5

I wouldn├Ęt remove your axle to have it checked, just check it while its in the rearend.
Pull your brake drum and justset up a dial indicator so you can measure any differnces. If they get bent its usually between the backing plate and the end and that will show up on the indicator.
I had one on my 52 truck that was bent .006 in and it had a very visible wobble .

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:33 AM
from IP address 50.70.16.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looks can be deceiving.

by Bish

Often times when a vehicle has run thru mud, wet, etc. It may APPEAR as though there is a wobble on a wheel as the tire has stuff on it, reflects light differently and does not have uniform color when turning, looking at it from behind. If everything's tight and you didn't feel it........ But check to make sure of course.

Bish

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 6:59 AM
from IP address 174.62.190.226

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bent wheels can be straightened

by jack vines

We've got a local shop, Watt's Wheel and Driveline, which has been straightening bent steel and aluminum wheels for fifty years.

Since you've already paid for the wheel, shipping and painting, straightening might be less expensive than starting over.

jack vines

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 1:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Straightening

by r1lark

Yep, Jack's right on the money. We have an old time shop in Winston-Salem that straightens wheels, last ones I took about a year ago were $20 each IIRC.

I have a Champ truck wheel that got bent up pretty bad, apparently from a power tire changer (or at least that's what I was told when I bought the truck.....). I haven't taken it to be straightened since I think it's a lost cause -- the lug area is bent.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 2:33 PM
from IP address 75.191.131.19

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Straightening

by Ted

Dave: since you have a 57 C-cab the axle complete will fit the champ. You can even take the TT from one and install it in the other. All of this is of course only possible if both are 1/2 ton trucks with Dana 44 differentials.

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 10:04 PM
from IP address 75.138.49.189

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dana 44's

by Dave M

Yes They are both 1/2 tons with Dana 44's. Will be putting the truck up on a lift today I hope and will check everything out . Will let you know. Thanks

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 8:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

help me find the owner of this truck guys!!!

by Mark in ca

I'm trying to get in touch with the owner of a certain truck, I have 2 pics of it..but I can't post them. Hopefully they read the forum. If someone would host the pics I would be grateful. Thanks

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 5:24 PM
from IP address 198.228.216.45

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Do you need someone to post the pictures?

by Lee W.

You can e-mail them to me at one nine five five studebaker at comcast.net and I'll post them on the forum.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 5:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lee u got mail

by Mark in ca

Thanks amigo

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 6:22 PM
from IP address 198.228.216.29

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Six Cylinder Engine Perfomance

by Ernie

Has anyone given thought to turbocharging the Champ Flat Head Six? I'm looking to keep my M5 truck stock, but would like a little more power.

Your thoughts would be appricated.

Regards.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 1:40 PM
from IP address 67.142.182.23

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not very common, but this info will help

by MW

http://turbostude.com/buildingts.htm

another site to look into: http://www.uncommonengineering.com/index.html

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My thoughts......

by Lee W.

And I'm sure many other people will say the same. Save your money

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Six Cylinder Engine Perfomance

by Bob W

We ran a turbo-charged Champion six at Bonneville in a '53 coupe for 3 years and set numerous records from 2004-2006 although you'd never know it from reading Turning Wheels.

http://salt2salt.com

The engine is currently in a 3-wheeler, still turbo-charged, and running on propane.

http://tribaker.wordpress.com/

Also, Dave Molnar recently installed a Champion 6 in his M5. It's running "Mit Kompressor" as the Germans say (a Mercedes supercharger). Dave built the plenum for our Champion and does custom intake and exhaust manifolds for Champion 6's.

Bob

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:51 PM
from IP address 50.249.96.253

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a ford flathead turbo (youtube)

by Chicodave

This is just for ideas. I have been following this guy on youtube. He started with a simple test setup and finished with a vary high tech setup.

Original test machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-xkUBLLCQ

Version 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskutHwOy7U

His best version yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbi56Nefzk

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:17 PM
from IP address 166.147.72.163

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Champ 6 engine hop-ups

by Gary Ash

Bill Cathcart was the guru of Champ 6 engine mods. He's retired at this point. Bill told me that he put a supercharger on his Champ 6 in his 1960 Lark, got about 140 hp - before it blew up. Many of Bill's mods included a high-lift cam, big valves, over bore, dual carbs, high compression head, special ignition, dual exhaust. I think this gets you from the base 80 hp to about 120 hp. It's a lot better than stock, but not in the class of hot performance. Digger Dave Molnar's M5 with the swoopy intake manifold and side-draft Jaguar carburetor made a lot of hp. I'm sure his later update to the turbocharger was even better. Any flathead will respond to a few pounds of supercharger/turbo boost, just don't go overboard.

[linked image]

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:11 PM
from IP address 198.228.200.37

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Champ 6 engine hop-ups

by Mark

A number of years ago I purchased some hi-performance equipment from Bill Cathcart and you are right it is too bad he is retired however I think that Phil Harris may be interested in building some six cylinder speed equipment.
I would disagree that building up a six is not worth the effort. About 5 lbs of boost is about right.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 1:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Turbocharging a Studebaker 6 Cylinder Engine

by Ernie Mitchell

Hello Mark:

Thanks for your information and thoughts.

Regards,
Ernie

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:18 PM
from IP address 67.142.182.21

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Turbocharging Studebaker 6 Cylinder Engines

by Erine Mitchell

Hello Gary:

Thank you for your response to my questions about turbocharging. I value your advise and I now have a lot to think about. As you have indicated, keeping the modifications mild will give reliable horse power which is what I'm looking for.

Regards,
Ernie

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What are your end goals ?

by Frank McM.

You say "you would like a little more power" out of your M-5...

Do you mean pulling power for hauling ?

More "snap" for red-light get-away ?

More "top-end" for highway driving ?

All of the above ?

One of the limitations is going to be the original gearing of your tranny and rear-end...

I think that turbo-charging does not help much until you get the RPMs up...

You might get some big gains by improved breathing ( porting / relieveing / polishing ), better intake & carb, split exhaust and or headers, high-performance ignition, improved cam. Turbo might not be necessary for a street truck...

In any event, performance mods require sound block & crank, careful machine work, proper balancing... and even a properly modded Studie six might not meet your end goals...

Work it all out on paper before you start spending $$$... wink.gif

Clifford Performance is another proponent of six-cylinder power ...

Good luck - keep us posted !

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 5:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Turbocharging Studebaker 6 Cylinder Engine

by Ernie Mitchell

Hello Frank:

To answer some of your questions...the rear axle has been replaced with a ratio of 3/1. ( Ford 9" ), Transmission is up to question. As for the power I'm looking for is just enough to keep up with traffic and pull the hills at freeway speeds.

Regards,
Ernie

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cam and breathing

by Frank McM.

Ernie,

Based on what guys have been doing with flathead MoPars and Stove bolt Chevy sixes, the equivalent to a " towing & RV cam", headers, and better carburetion are probably going to do you as much good as turbocharging. Milling the head to increase compression ratio might also be helpful.

But, I could be wrong.

The guys running turbos out on the salt flats are spinning major RPMs, and looking at speeds over 100 mph...

With a 3:1 rear ( pretty tall for a stick ), you might want to consider a Ford 4-speed, with 4th gear being direct drive. 3:1 is way too tall to hook-up to any tranny with an over-driven top gear.

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 11:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sheetmetal for sale

by Lee W.

Doesn't look too bad in the photos. Not too crazy price.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4550790443.html

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 1:06 PM
from IP address 64.134.228.185

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Turner Dual Master Kit - Pedal pull back springs - C Cab

by Bryan

Can anyone post pictures of their pedal pull back springs after a Turner Dual Master conversion? Both pedals. Thanks

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 AM
from IP address 69.89.240.62

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hope this can help

by Lee W.

1st photo shows the brake pedal spring. 2nd photo is the spring for the clutch pedal, showing the end hooked into the hole in the frame. The other end you can't see, but it's pretty obvious where it's connected on the pedal.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 1:19 PM
from IP address 64.134.228.185

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks!

by Bryan

Helps a lot

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 2:48 PM
from IP address 69.89.240.62

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

2R- 10 , "Budd" six-lug wheels: removing grease baffles from hubs ?

by Frank McM.

Putting the wheels back on the beast to roll it around the shop, I noticed the tin grease "cones" inside the brake drums are banged-up and full of muck.

Is there an easy way to remove these from the drums for cleaning and straightening ?

Thanks !

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:00 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine had gunk

by John Weinrich

but where not dinged up so I just cleaned them inside using a drill and a brush on a wire starting with WD40 and then finishing with Dawn/water. The cones are there to route the oil/grease mixture out away from the inside of the brake drum and shoes. Some day I plan to find a modern seal for the inside hub so that the cones would not be needed.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 2:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

1941 Studebaker M-15 Railway Express

by Frank

Due to relocating out of state I must, and hate to sell this truck. Truck is a 1941 Studebaker M-15 Railway Express Delivery. Delivery Box currently sits on a rolling frame but is totally unbolted. Chassis still has original rear and front end. There is no engine, trans or driveshaft. From dash forward is Studebaker M-15. Box was made by Highland Body Works, Michigan. Front doors have stationary flat glass windows and door hangs on rollers that slide towards rear. Door locks have been redone with new keys. Rear doors are double folders left and right. All doors are off truck. Excellent Hood with excellent hinges, all trim & hood stainless. Hood sides. Center grill is in great condition with left & right grill pieces. Hood cable and latch with spring. Left and right fenders, inner fenders, headlight buckets and recromed rings. Excellent stock radiator and radiator support. Front bumper needs recrome and has NOS center grill guard, Dash has all instruments in good condition. NOS radio grill, clock, a nice glove box door with original springs. Many extra parts. Pictures taken of disassembly. Comes with full portable garage canopy, 10 X 20 X 12. Clear NJ title. $4000.00 takes all. Pics available, Frank 973-989-4412

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 11:09 PM
from IP address 69.123.187.225

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here's the link

by Anonymous

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4584529228.html

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 11:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

JW, it got a clock

by Frank from Germany

happy.gif

Have fun
Frank

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:31 PM
from IP address 80.149.83.98

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Clock

by Frank

Had to deliver on time.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:40 PM
from IP address 69.123.187.225

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

1961 E-40 HD 195 for sale

by 6E40

Just a heads up for anyone interested - my 6E-40-195 has been listed on kijiji (Ad ID 1006455552). Relocation from Essex County (Windsor, Ontario area) to Grey County forces the sale as I will have no storage for it there. Lots of new parts used in its restoration but could stand a little freshening up. Contact me at deanderson59(at)hotmail dot com if interested.

Currently located between both coasts (actually, close to Detroit) but I'm sure its in the wrong place for someone. Hopefully, it is in the RIGHT place for somebody else.

Doug

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:37 PM
from IP address 76.64.79.114

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is the link

by 6E40

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1006455552

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:50 PM
from IP address 76.64.79.114

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice looking truck

by MW

Wish I had enough property to even park it on. Good luck with the sale.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Michael you could have enough property

by Peter

if just sold that piece you have on top of that hill and get down on the flatter side of the hill.
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

1961?? Truck for sale

by Tyler Townsley

1961 or so Pickup. See photos at:
http://thepandatrap.com/gallery/Hatcher/IMG_2577
$12,000 or make me an offer. Warehouse owner in Nursing home and need to sell to cover hospital bills. 56 Hawk in pictures also for sale, includes almost complete interior not shown.
Located north of Atlanta.
Bobby Gorden 678-571-6074

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 7:14 PM
from IP address 72.91.158.176

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: 1961?? Truck for sale

by Steve Dotson

I like the Hawk and it is close enough for mr to play. What are you asking for it? I believe you are "optimistic" at 12K for the truck but good luck. Steve

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 11:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

truck is in parts

by Peter

making a far cry from $12,000 maybe $3000 if motor and tranny there?
Peter

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Get realistic

by Gary Benham

You're at least $10,000 high on the asking value for the truck, it's a disassembled project. The Hawk has much more value, it's a '56 Golden Hawk with the Packard engine, first year Golden Hawk.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 1:41 PM
from IP address 130.76.32.199

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Get realistic

by Steve Dotson

Seller says the Hawk is almost restored. They would need $20K+ for the car. It may be worth that but without seeing an interior (and it would have to be new) steering wheel, glass, lenses, etc.. Steve

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 11:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

2R-10 - Timken Rear: axle bearing retaining nuts ?

by Frank McM.

I am seeking new / decent rear wheelbearing retaining nuts to fit the old-style Timken "split-rear" on my 1950 2R-10 3/4-ton.

Previous wrenchers used a variety of cold chisels and BFH to remove the rear brake-drums on my truck, and the nuts are VERY chewed-up.

Would like to put something better back in.

Also looking for the fold-over tab locking washers for same.

Thanks !

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 3:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Timken

by Doug Farmer

When I did the same several years ago I was very pleased with Studebaker International. They even had the fold over washers that you mention. Although that was a little more touch and go. They have a lot mores parts than what they list in their catalog.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 6:11 PM
from IP address 66.112.60.225

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

SIA od parts,

by vern

if you can talk to Bob at SIA , he knows of a lot of parts not in there book

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 6:26 PM
from IP address 162.201.236.24

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: 2R-10 - Timken Rear: axle bearing retaining nuts ?

by Ted

Frank I am sure I nave new ones if you do not have success. Give me a week.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:48 PM
from IP address 24.191.31.160

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The nuts, spacers and locks are very common truck parts

by jack vines

The nuts, spacers and locks fit the later Dana 60 and thus are thick on the ground. Most truck supply houses will have them.

jack vines

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jeep cross-fitment ?

by Frank McM.

Jack,

When I searched on "Dana 60 axle", the top hits were referencing the front drive axle on the early Universal and C-series Jeeps: 1941 - 1963.

Does this sound right ?

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks for all the leads !

by Frank McM.

I will start with checking the local truck places for Dana 60 stuff, then go from there.

Right now I just had to throw the wheels back on the old beast to move it around the shop, but when the time comes to do the brakes & bearings and put the rear wheels on for good, I would like to have good hardware inside the hubs !

Regards,

Frank

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 7:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

1950 Pick up

by Rick L

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 3:31 PM
from IP address 68.115.238.86

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: 1950 Pick up

by Duane

Looks almost stock to me... musta been built in Canada after Studebaker shut down.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 7:41 PM
from IP address 107.182.198.143

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looks

by Dulany

kinda rough. You better unload it cheap. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:47 AM
from IP address 71.10.208.80

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stuff for free

by Loren from CA

I have a bunch of M series stuff you can have if you live in So Cal, and you can pick it up. rear end, front hubs, u bolts, universal joint, I posted it on Craigslist but no one wanted it, so it's your's for free, plus anything else Studebaker related that is sitting in the back of my truck, that I won't need.
Loren in Orange County.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:39 PM
from IP address 99.60.181.206

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hope somebody can use these!

by Steve Dotson

Thank you for offering these parts up here so generously! I have no need for them and there is a whole great country between us but hopefully someone can use them or at least save them. Thanks again!

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 10:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Stuff for free

by .Tom Lovejoy

I would be interested in that stuff if still available? I am in So Cal

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 1:16 AM
from IP address 108.225.9.198

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Free stuff

by Jim Evans

I live in Long Beach and we have a 46 M-5 jims48ply@verizon.net

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 12:14 PM
from IP address 96.229.241.173

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stuff for free

by Loren in OC

Tom, I sent an email to Jim, (his email was right there) I'll let you know how things go.

I should also mention that through there years this forum/group has been very good to me, and as I find Stude stuff, I'll try to stick it on here for either free or at least a reduced price.

thank you,

Loren

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 7:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Stuff for free

by Tom Lovejoy

very good, I should of thought of that happy.gif

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 12:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tom

by Loren from OC

Tom, the rear-end is yours if you still want it.

Loren

Sarahlaughing@rocketmail.com

happy.gif

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 4:25 PM
from IP address 76.174.202.246

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

thanks

by Tom Lovejoy

Thanks for the offer, I am having some issues with my own truck as of this weekend. So for the time being I am out of action, I have nothing else with more than two wheels running to go git it. Thank you though, Tom.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014, 1:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just curious

by Loren in oc

Brookhurst and Chapman is where my axle is.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014, 12:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Stake bed on 1949 C cab 1/2 ton truck

by David J

I'd like to investigate what a wood stake box looked like on a 1949 1/2 ton pickup from the factory. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:29 PM
from IP address 67.142.163.23

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I have seen

by John Weinrich

pictures, have you Googled the interwebs?

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here

by John Weinrich

Not factory but:https://www.flickr.com/photos/goldbugg777/7653167794/in/photostream/

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

not factory?

by vern

I had a pickup with a flat bed and a friend of mine in texas had one with flat bed ,they were factory ordered, they were the same as the one pictured, not seen any of the other factory type bed pictured for 1/2 ton, only 1 ton and bigger with the rounded front corners.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 9:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The link I

by John Weinrich

provided is not factory but the ads are...

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 10:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I have to concur....

by Frank Drumheller

with Vern. I've looked through my 1948-49 Salesman's data book, all of the '49 showroom literature I have and Fred Fox's article on the 1949 2R 1/2 ton trucks and I can find no evidence of rack body. To my knowledge, the only styles available from the factory on the 1/2 ton 1949 chassis were the 6 1/2 foot pickup, a cab and chassis, and a chassis/cowl unit. It would not be impossible for someone to have ordered a flatbed on a cab and chassis unit.

I guess there is a possibility Studebaker could have special built some other configuration (in number) for a customer. But, a heavy wooden stake body on a short, 1/2 ton chassis with a 80 hp six cylinder engine does not seem to be a salable item on a dealer's lot.

MHO! Frank

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 10:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I have to concur....

by 2R5

Frank , you remember this dealers display folder I have? Well there is a page on the 1/2 tons that shows a stake bed , ; inside demensions67 in wide , inside length is 80 in and the bed to top is30 inches. This is on the 112 in wheel base.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 3:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Stake bed on 1949 C cab 1/2 ton truck

by 2R5

I can scan and send you a pic if you give me your email.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

flat bed

by vern

I have the same book, going to see what it has to say. the beds the friend of mine and I hsd were the same brand, one sold new in wichita, the other in amarillo tex

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 6:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

checked on beds

by vern

the factory did offer stake bed in 6 ft and 8 ft that look like the same bed in picture. the 1 ton and up have a different style bed with round front corners. the 6 and 8 ft had square corners.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 6:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Could you post a picture of your scan?

by Mike W

That would be interesting to see and could be a nice option to build if someone's box was trashed or they wanted to haul wider loads.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 9:25 PM
from IP address 206.208.220.5

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picture # 1

by 2R5

photo DSCF2416_zpsb7a51091.jpg

...sorry for the blur

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picture # 2

by 2R5

photo DSCF2417_zps5d0a916e.jpg

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank you!

by Mike W

Pretty cool looking box.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:36 PM
from IP address 96.2.33.186

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Will wonders ever....

by Frank Drumheller

cease! As soon as my mouth drops open, I'm proved wrong! BUT, I have a feeling that flip-over dealers' chart was made early in the production year and, probably at that time, such a vehicle was projected. I could not find a photo nor specs for such a truck in the dealer's DATA BOOK that was used by sales staff.

Anyway, please send me the scan and I'll recheck my materials more carefully to see if I can find a factory stake bodied 1/2 ton offered to the public.

My email addy is f60s-w6@hotmail.com

Thanks, 2R5! Frank

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Will wonders ever....

by 2R5

Frank , I will try and get better pictures today and forward them to you .

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 9:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank you for pictures and information

by David J

Thank you for the pictures and information for stake bed trucks for 1/2 ton . My truck had a custom built bed in 1949 and I always liked the look. It stands out in the crowd!

Posted on Aug 10, 2014, 8:28 PM
from IP address 67.142.163.24

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

On my way to the landfil

by John Weinrich

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 4:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

nice landfull and collection of

by peter

Chevy's and International's. Reilly like the Mack, the orange & green 4x4 Chebby on the hill.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 9:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: On my way to the landfil

by Brian Dahl

From previous photos you have posted, this guy has some nice old iron sitting out there! Did notice you had taken shots of the winch and PTO on that one truck. Any ideas there for yours?
Brian

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 6:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No ideas but

by John Weinrich

I was surprised that it had such a small shaft driving it. Not sure which Ramsey winch it was but it is very much like mine. The spool looked wider but other then that, looks the same. I guess they didn't know they could reconfigure the clutch lever to be on the outside...

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Luv the old trucks,thxs for the pics.

by Fred

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 7:15 AM
from IP address 24.233.167.201

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not sure how many this

by John Weinrich

guy has. He does rotate them between this location and storage. Seems there is always something new each time I pass...

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 10:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cool trucks.

by MW

So that is where they keep all those spare road barriers. I always wondered where they all came from and went to when done with them.

Does he just keep them all outside all the time like that? Looks like a lot of effort to move them around to just cut the grass under them on a regular basis if nothing else.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 2:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MW they sell the old Road barriers in Canada

by Peter

or at least around here, They just got through building 3 bridges up here so U can imagine how many there are. Get this they're gonna build 2 more bridges, I have been trying to get them to build one 4 lane over and under like they have in Portland, much better way of doing it as they have less land to build on.
JOhn your going to miss going to that Landfill when you move to the West Coast.
Peter

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 4:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picture with the two International pickups.

by Bo

Is the red one on the left a short wheel base pickup? Is it for sale?

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 7:04 PM
from IP address 71.49.9.125

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bo, I don't think

by John Weinrich

any are for sale...

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 9:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Trucks...

by Frank McM

John,

Great pics !

That black "Capone" truck with the buggy on the back: is that a Sterling or perhaps a Rugby ?

Also, that '58-'59 Chevy "Apache" - this is the first time I have seen a Chevy on cast-spoke wheels ... :O

Like that K-series International... I had a '49 KB-2... wink.gif

Also glad to see 'Mater there... :D

Frank McM.

Posted on Jul 27, 2014, 7:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

M Clock

by John Weinrich

I'm looking for a clock fro my M15, MPH. Last one on ebay went for way to much. Anybody know were I can get one?

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: M Clock

by David Orth

I'd be inclined to find a high pixel 3D photo of one and carefully scotch tape it onto my dashboard... in the correct location of course.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 6:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

clock

by vern

John, I have an old timex you can use until you find one.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

pocket watch

by Steve Dotson

I found a holder on E-bay that a pocket watch slides into that I plan to use on the 2R-15. I have lots of cheap pocket watches for daily use and thought I would use one of the Studebakers for display. Steve

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:57 AM
from IP address 12.202.74.87

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looking

by SEF

Rebuilding my m5 truck need rear body mount brace extending across the back of the cab. Has anybody got one or know of a place to buy one. thank you

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 3:05 PM
from IP address 74.50.249.146

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

may have

by vern

email vern@nvt.net

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 8:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Parts run

by Ted

I am going west to Minnesota in a truck, leaving July 28. If any one needs heavy parts and would like to meet me on the way with your request you may e-mail me at studepickups@optonlinelnet.

I have engines, axles, transmissions, brake drums, gas tanks, and other things, If you write I will give you my phone number if you should like to call.

Posted on Jul 21, 2014, 10:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Safe travels Ted!

by Brian Dahl

The Stude Diesel doing the pulling? :/)
Brian

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 7:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Safe travels Ted!

by Ted

Yup

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 10:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Parts run

by Bob W

If it's not too much to ask on a public forum, where exactly are you going and how long are you staying? I'm sure Dean & I would love to have dinner with you if you pass through the Minneapolis area.

Bob

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 2:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Ted

Thanks Bob. I will spend most of my time in the MPLS area. Use my E mail to send your numbers. I know there will be time. studepickups@optonline.net

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Ted

For those who are expecting Parts on this run west I am asking all to be patient. The trip will need to be postponed as my grandson was killed last night in a mudding accident.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted, this is not...

by Frank Drumheller

good news. My condolences to you and your family. May the Lord be with you and your family as all of you try to make sense of this soul-searing accident. You will be close to us in spirit. Frank

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 9:48 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted , Very Sorry

by Fred

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 1:20 PM
from IP address 24.233.167.201

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted

by Lenny

Very sorry to hear about your Grandson

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 10:37 PM
from IP address 50.160.168.114

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Condolences

by Jim Stengl

Ted, so sorry, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 12:58 PM
from IP address 66.190.4.243

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Bob W

Ted, sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 1:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted, I am very sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

by MW

I am sure everyone here understands about the trip and parts. Take the time that you need for yourself and family.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 2:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Our thoughts.......

by Jim & Judy Sinclair

and prayers are with you and your family Ted.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 2:37 PM
from IP address 174.54.80.141

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry to hear, we will be

by John Weinrich

thinking of you and your family...

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 3:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted so sorry to hear the sad news

by Peter & Judy

we just want you to know were sending our condolences.
Peter & Judy Sauer

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 4:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So sorry for your loss

by DwainG

Is this the boy that was with you at the Des Moines National?

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 5:41 PM
from IP address 24.16.178.89

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: So sorry for your loss

by Ted

Thank you guys. He was a young fun loving kid that melted your heart with his smile. His brother was at the Ceder Rapids Meet.

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ted, on behalf of Joan and I

by Brian Dahl

please accept our condolences on your untimely loss. I can not imaginwe what you and your wife are going thru. Our prayers are with you.
Brian

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 5:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

May the Lord be with you and your family.

by Mike W

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 9:20 PM
from IP address 206.208.220.5

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Awful!

by Ron Dame

Gosh Ted, I just saw this posting, I am very sorry for you and your family.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 12:55 PM
from IP address 24.178.157.45

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jane and I are remembering..

by Ron Dame

..the fine visit with you and Kevin a couple of years ago. It's clear from meeting you both how Tyler was the fine young man he apparently was.

For others here, our local TV station, WLOS just ran a piece in this, the link is below.

http://wlos.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pickup-accident-claims-teens-life-17100.shtml#.U9GE-UDN4TA

Ron and Jane,
Asheville

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 6:19 PM
from IP address 64.147.222.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Our Sympathy

by Jim V

Ted and Family, your in our prayers and thoughts, so sorry for your loss, Jim from Minn

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 3:18 PM
from IP address 209.212.43.222

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My thoughts and prayers to you and family

by george o

George o

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 4:06 PM
from IP address 173.71.128.117

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just read this - so sorry for your loss.

by Chicodave

May God help you and your family though these times of loss.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 8:25 PM
from IP address 166.147.72.163

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry to hear..

by Mark Thompson

Sorry to hear the sad news of you grandsons accident. I am also going through some gravening. My favorite cousin pasted July 1 and news was slow getting to me. we both shared interest in STUDEBAKERS and Fordson tractors from our grandfathers life. I just stopped by his house in Prague Okla. in June and he was waiting for a lung transplant, and was doing well. he will be sorely missed.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 5:31 PM
from IP address 50.123.246.159

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mark, my....

by Frank Drumheller

condolences on the loss of your cousin. Having close family, or others who share our special interests so we have something to talk about when we do get together, is very meaningful. He's in a place now where he's not suffering. It's tough on those left behind. God bless him and you. Frank

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 5:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank you Frank

by Mark Thompson

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 8:15 PM
from IP address 50.123.246.159

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Jim Beadle

We'er thing of you and your family. God Bless

Posted on Jul 26, 2014, 1:40 PM
from IP address 184.6.21.176

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Ralph McLain JR

Very sorry to hear Ted

Posted on Jul 23, 2014, 8:14 PM
from IP address 67.252.39.211

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Obituary

by Studetom

http://www.wellsfuneralhome.com/obituary/Randy-Tyler-Jensen/Waynesville-NC/1403711

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 7:51 AM
from IP address 192.152.200.150

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank you, Studetom,

by Frank Drumheller

for posting this obituary. It takes us a little closer to Ted and it humanizes his grandson for us. What a loss for those left behind, but his love of people and his church will live on in the lives of many. I did not have the fortune to know him, but I just shed a tear for him and his grandpa! Frank

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 6:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Thank you, Studetom,

by Ted

Thank you every one for your kind words and prayers. I will finally be with my kids tomorrow.
Tom and Ron for sharing those clips from your local paper and TV.
May all of us remember life is but a mist that quickly disappears and eternal readiness is essential.

Posted on Jul 24, 2014, 11:20 PM
from IP address 107.19.136.65

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heartfelt Condolences

by Plym_46

We are never prepared for the losses like this. How can we be? Our thoughts ar with you and yours in your time of grief.

Posted on Jul 25, 2014, 11:02 AM
from IP address 141.0.8.142

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Need picture of oil filter decal placement on 1958 259

by Paul

Does anyone have a picture showing the proper location of the decal on the oil filter housing on a 1958 259 engine?
Thanks
Paul

Posted on Jul 21, 2014, 8:11 PM
from IP address 173.185.197.65

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wasn't Brian Dahl looking for one of these?

by Lee W.

As seen at WalMart:

Posted on Jul 21, 2014, 5:16 PM
from IP address 98.210.80.194

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Lee

by Brian Dahl

I was, but not any more. Appreciate you thinking of me! happy.gif
Brian

Posted on Jul 22, 2014, 7:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on TrucksCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement