<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Freeze vs Raptors.

December 10 2007 at 9:46 AM
Hockey fan 

Sources inform me that the Freeze were lucky to come away with a 4-4 draw against Blackburn's second team last night!

And that was with a full strength squad as well as the lads that have returned from the USA against Lancashire's 12 guys.

All is not good at the fridge it appears and with all that talent from Blackburn going there as well!!

With the Manchester lads getting stronger and fitter as a team let's hope they can get a double winning weekend against Kingston and Flintshire.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul

Re: Freeze vs Raptors.

December 10 2007, 12:51 PM 

What we had 58 shots and were lucky to come away with a draw? Eh!!?

Respond to this message   
Rick

December 10 2007, 1:05 PM 

OK try this for size then.

With most of Blackburn's former top two lines plus the best of the Flintshire Freeze plus our own Elliott, Freeze couldn't beat the bottom team in the league.

Respond to this message   
John

December 10 2007, 1:18 PM 

I see your point. Even Arsenal lost to a bottom of the table team this weekend, but just watch them come back and spank somebody next week.

Respond to this message   
Paul

December 10 2007, 2:06 PM 

I do see what you mean, you mean like Manchester have much of Freeze's top 2 lines from last season and are still doing **** also, except we have gotten over it and don't bitch about it on our website.

Respond to this message   
Rick

December 10 2007, 2:57 PM 

Touchy, touchy.

Whereas John responded with a bit of humour (his post raised a smile here), you have to raise bitching where there hasn't been any. The Altrincham lads were welcome in Flintshire and were perfectly free to come back to play locally.

I'd be surprised if most of Blackburn's former top two lines plus the best of the Flintshire Freeze plus our own Elliott didn't beat the bottom team in the league on this next Sunday too.

This message has been edited by AcesAces on Dec 10, 2007 2:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Rick

December 10 2007, 3:04 PM 

and to quote one of your players who clearly benefits from one or two more brain cells:

'Well done Raptors, without a doubt you deserved at least a point. I would say we are playing absolutely awful at the moment, '

http://viewfromthebalcony.myfastforum.org/freeze_v_raptors_about570.html

Respond to this message   
Hockey fan

Looks like you've got other issues to worry about Paul

December 10 2007, 6:03 PM 

Taken from the Freeze forum!

Hellen2

I think theres a number of reasons there not winning games they should.
First of all some players need to start putting some effort in to it there are players on the team who look like they couldnt give a sh-----t, and just cant find the net when they should be, players have to take some of the blame but i also feel the bench coaches need to take a long hard look at themselfs also.
look back over last few years freeze had some big names on there team then and still did not walk the leauge when they should have done. WHY?
I say bring back stokes

rant over

Respond to this message   
Paul

Re: Looks like you've got other issues to worry about Paul

December 11 2007, 1:21 PM 

I don't see a problem with that at all, Hellen is a great fan and usually has only positive things to say, she is clearly pissed as a fan and just wants the team to play as well as she knows they can, which I think is very true and she has a right.

On a side note Rick, I'm sorry if it came off as bitchy mate, it wasn't meant in that light, was just pointing out that Manchester has a lot of the Freeze's playoff making side from last season also, and they are struggling, sometimes its difficult when you are starting out again with a whole new side.

Respond to this message   
woz

just to clear things up

December 11 2007, 3:00 PM 

not bitchin not backbitin and not gonna post on this thread after this..

as of the start of this season we are not ex anything , we have had some losses but we are not strugglin ... WE ARE however Manchester players and its the manchester players who are gonna show up on sunday and i guarantee it wont be us who will be strugglin , freeze better bring their A game.

Respond to this message   
Paul

Re: just to clear things up

December 11 2007, 3:30 PM 

So our current D- game won't cut it?!? Good luck at the weekend.

Respond to this message   
Rick

December 11 2007, 4:29 PM 

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

I was making a bit of the same point as Hellen - wondering why with the players they have, Freeze are still underperforming. Not that I was agreeing with her about Stokes.

(Incidentally, nostalgia lovers might want to click here to recall Russ and Stokes getting together

http://www.altrinchamaces.co.uk/zreport0102.htm )

I hope its a good game on Sunday but it would be better if both teams can get back to the standard of a few years ago.

Respond to this message   
Paul

December 11 2007, 5:37 PM 

No problem at all Rick, just wanted to clear that up, and I wholeheartedly agree, it can only be good for North West hockey, as for a couple of years now, we haven't been close to getting a title up here.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a decent game on Sunday.

Respond to this message   
Kaz

December 11 2007, 7:38 PM 

Looking forward to watching the game on sunday heres hoping I remember the way (as I quite often set off for Hull by mistake after all these years). Think its my age or just the unreal chip I have in my head which means I am a woman with no sense of direction. Rick hoping to see all three periods for a change LOL

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement