<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Welcome

December 12 2007 at 11:08 PM
Phoenix ENL fan 

A big welcome from Manchester to Ric Hughes and Tom King after deciding to transfer from the Flintshire Freeze to the Manchester Phoenix ENL after returning from the USA.

Good luck guys!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
skyman

Re: Welcome

December 13 2007, 8:19 PM 

A bit sly of them to piss on the freeze like that..After the freeze signed them up at the start of the season knowing the would be going to the us

Respond to this message   
mary

Re: Welcome

December 13 2007, 10:11 PM 

I am sure they will be happy along with alot of others.
good luck for the rest of the season lads.

Respond to this message   
not important

You know nowt skyman!!!

December 13 2007, 10:12 PM 

They weren't going to sign for anybody until Flintshire begged them to cos they wanted to beat Manchester so badly and it just so happened it was a good job they did cos it was Ric, Tom and Ben that scored the goals against us. They pissed on nobody! your just bitter cos they want to move on to a bigger and better club.

The lads have had to pay their own transfer fee's and also had to pay Flintshire back the £88 registration fee's plus they have to pay £49 per month to play so that says alot for Nipper as a coach as they are willing to shell out all that money for decent coaching!!

And it will be well worth it!!!

Respond to this message   
Fans of Old!

Re: You know nowt skyman!!!

December 14 2007, 1:01 PM 

Try the fact that Tom and Ric are good players and may have a chance of playing some Elite league hockey if they went to Manchester! I think most lads would be willing to pay £49 a month if that chance was there!

Some people just need to get off there high horses and instead of bitching and worrying about what is going on at other clubs start worrying about whats going on at there own clubs! Surely there are better things in life than posting on forums about other teams problems!

Respond to this message   
mary

December 14 2007, 2:39 PM 

Well said FANS OF OLD, agree totaly with what you are saying. I dont think the bitching does any club any good. Like most i was delighted when manchester got their own rink as it can only be good for hockey to have yet another ED1 team in the league. It was pretty much for certain that most ex machester/alty players where going to return home and im sure flintshire appreciated them while they had them, but one thing i cannot understand is how some people must have a very short memory as regardless of what you think about coach/player/club i think the one important thing people have forgoten all ready is the FACT that without flintshire seven years ago taking ALL the ex alty players that wanted to go there (which was alot including juniors and seniors) alot would of had no where to play.
That is the least they could be thankful for.
Not taking any sides here these are just my feelings.

Respond to this message   
Paul

December 14 2007, 2:41 PM 

Well said that fans of old, and good luck to Ric and Tom they are a really good pair of lads, who work hard and I'm sure they did what they think is best for them going to Manchester, there's no doubt Nipper is a good coach I have never heard anyone doubt that.

Get a grip about losing to us and saying it was due to Ric, Tom and Ben, our win at your place was a team effort and we deserved the win, you just sound bitter and twisted, Houghy scored your two goals and him and Crawley looked like the only dangerous players on the ice in THAT game, so the door swings both ways if you're gonna go down that route.

At least we showed some class and didn't start ranting on our forum about beating you when we did, I'll be shocked if you can extend the same courtesy IF you win on Sunday. Good luck to both teams and I don't doubt Manchester will be a fitter, stronger well drilled outfit than they were first time out and I hope we can raise our game and make it a close one.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement